'Confessions by an economic Hit man' by john Perkins

A

Anders

I have just finished John Perkins book which has been mentioned a few times here on SOTT in connection with other threads. One of these threads points to how he has possibly been set up as a tar baby. An alternative voice that is easy to knock down. See http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=828

What he writes about is not so explosive material as he would like it to be, if one reads the signs. He describes the mechanism of enslaving developing countries rich in resources by giving them huge easy loans, which only benefits the local ruling class and the corporate companies. The loans become a massive burden on the country and become the key by which the corporate world can dictate the policies of that country including how to vote in the UN, how many troops to send for US designated missions and policies to privatise the country's public works.

John Perkins writes throughout the book about his perceived guilt over the last 35 years of doing his work in bankrupting developing countries and yet I found it hard to see the sincerity in his feelings. After he stopped doing his work, he was then in his own words effectively paid handsomely to keep quiet. In other words sex, money and power came before honoring his conscience, if he actually has one.

Despite his claim that it is a very courageous thing that he is doing in exposing himself, I doubt for the following reasons that the PTB is really that concerned:

1) He does not mention the zionist influence in worlds events.
2) He discards the idea that there is something more sinister happening such as a conspiracy.
3) He mentions the Saudi support of islamic terrorism, the plane with Bin Laden relatives leaving shortly after 9-11 etc.
4) One does not become a New York bestseller if one is a threat to the system.

It is an easy read with some interesting stories from various parts of the world, but it does not challenge the system as it purports, which is probably why it became a bestseller. By that I mean that for the average person it will be a good book to read before going to bed as it reads a bit like a thriller and without disturbing the sleep ;)

Anders

Nice summary. I would add one more to the list of four reasons the book is probably COINTELPRO, even though it has a lot of good information in it:

5. Once you join "the organization" you can never quit.

I think it is COINTELPRO in the 'limited hangout' mode. Although I do think it does disturb the sleep of a lot of people for whom the information is new.

Anders said:
Sais who?

DonaldJHunt said:
5. Once you join "the organization" you can never quit.
I think that is a self-limiting cliche "opinion" - not a "truth".

I read the book. It's short and amazingly eye-opening. The penny really drops and a much bigger picture is revealed. Something the PTB could perfectly do without.

As to Anders' points 1-3. You can't expect everybody to be on the forum's level.

I highly recommend the read to anybody.

Fifth Way said:
Anders said:
Sais who?
It is true that this is an assumption on my behalf, and you are right to question it.

Fifth Way said:
I read the book. It's short and amazingly eye-opening. The penny really drops and a much bigger picture is revealed. Something the PTB could perfectly do without.
The Protocols of Zion talks about the manufactured opposition that appears to have a view in direct opposition to the PTB, but which are controlled in what they question, thus vectoring the attention of the masses to where it does no harm. This serves the PTB or so I think.

Fifth Way said:
As to Anders' points 1-3. You can't expect everybody to be on the forum's level.

I highly recommend the read to anybody.
This is true and I would also recommend the book, though I hold no illusions that it will facilitate any earthshaking changes to the Matrix ;)

Anders

Well, I would also point out the PTB should be expanded to remind people that it is Powers that Be. Not Power. There are many different factions at many different levels. There isn't one program, there's a hundred, most of them are working together, and some of them are working against. To understand the dynamic, look no further than your own home. Parents are dictators, though they may feign democracy, they are in control, and influence everything, but there are usually two of them, and they rarely agree all the time. You have kids, but they only appear to be doing what you tell them to do, in reality they are fulfilling their own lives, often times in contrary ways to what you intend. Childhood is a miniature version of life, recreated in every detail.

As for the book, sounds interesting, I like reading mainstream economics books, more often than not you learn more from what isn't said than what is said.

Back
Top Bottom