Colloidal Silver Generator

Luckily I haven't bought one. And yes, the prices are ridiculous. Looking forward to your post in the near future about the FAQ.

What stood out to me is the claim they make that true colloidal silver should be yellow which the reducing agent is for. Yet I have no clue, it just seemed reasonable to me, but I am not a scientist or know about that, really.

But if that is the case, what could one use instead of their product to make it "truer"?

Well, they do sell the Nebulizers separatly for 199,99 US dollars at Nebulizing.

I went to silverpuppy.com and also took a look. To be frank, it it looks homemade to me, whilst silverlungs look more professional and like a company. But that doesn't mean the product is bad, just saying.

Here is what is included in 'Base Generator Kit' from silver lungs.

• Step-by-Step User Manual
• The SilverLungs™ Generator
• 1 Liter Glass Production Flask
• Flask Cleaning Brush
• 99.99% Pure Silver Electrodes
• Rubber Stopper
• Electrode Polishing Pad
• Magnetic Stirring Bar
• Reducing Agent

And you also get "3 Year Parts & Labor Warranty".

Silverlungs also offers different power-plugs, without extra cost, which is good if you are European. And the silver electrodes included are designed to not have to ever be replaced.

The prize is $259.99.

Silverpuppy generator costs $160 but you don't get stirring and long lasting rods? Extra rods costs $40.00 and "Aussie Thermal Convection Stirrer" costs $30.

So the final price is ideally with extra rods is $230.

I would conclude the price is about the same, and with the guarantee on Silverlungs product, I would go with that one over the puppy.

But I haven't made up my mind yet, I have spent money on furniture and looking into buying a car so buying a generator isn't a priority right now.

Found this article at Truth About True Colloidal Silver.

It says that true colloidal silver is never clear like water and should in fact be amber like in color BUT ALSO have an nano-particle concentrations above 50 percent of the total silver. Further, that most products being sold today is in fact ionic silver being advertised as true and that electrolysis all produce mostly ionic silver.

The term true colloidal silver was coined by the Colloidal Science Laboratory (CSL) during the 1990's to describe a silver colloid whose silver content consisted mostly of silver nanoparticles vs. silver ions. To qualify as true colloidal silver the concentration of silver in the form of nanoparticles must be a majority of the total silver content (more than 50%)

True colloidal silver is never clear like water because silver nanoparticles absorb light at a wavelength of 400 nm causing the liquid to have an amber color when observing a light source through the liquid. The darkness of the amber color is a general indication silver nanoparticle concentration. A five PPM product will appear light amber and a twenty PPM product will appear a much darker amber. A fifty PPM product will appear almost black. Just because a product is amber does not necessarily mean it is true colloidal silver. Ionic silver solutions made by electrolysis can appear amber or dark amber due to very large particles but without having particle concentrations above 50 percent.

...many ionic silver products are now advertised as being true colloidal silver because this term has been hijacked and is being used to sell ionic silver product to the unsuspecting public.

So is this true?

So is this true?
This silver product works for many forum members.

This silver product works for many forum members.
Well, perhaps it does. But my plan is to make my own with an generator.

I used to make ionic silver with a bob beck device many years ago, but stopped in 2012 and haven't been taking any since. I am curious to find out about different methods. But I am sure all work, but perhaps they have different effect. So I am not questioning if ionic silver works or not, yet I remain a bit skeptical. Rather I am curious about "true colloidal silver", if that is better or worse or even real. That's what I am asking. Another way to get silver solutions cheap is just to use 99.99% pure silver electrodes and a nine volt battery hooked up in a glass of water.

I didn't use distilled water all of the time when I made my own, but just to be safe regarding making a solution with a 9 volt battery, or with other methods, use distilled water/purified water.

I didn't use distilled water all of the time when I made my own, but just to be safe regarding making a solution with a 9 volt battery, or with other methods, use distilled water/purified water.

If you are not using the purest silver and the purest distilled water you will be creating a very undesirable product. Whatever is in the water you use will bind with the silver ions. The likelihood of creating something toxic will be present. Bob Beck put forth some of the most outrageously incorrect information in his colloidal silver youtube video that I have ever seen in my many years experimenting with silver hydrosols. He described making CS in a restaurant, in front of a curious wait server, using restaurant tap water and table salt. He passed away shortly after that video was made. Caveat emptor.

Found this article at Truth About True Colloidal Silver.

It says that true colloidal silver is never clear like water and should in fact be amber like in color BUT ALSO have an nano-particle concentrations above 50 percent of the total silver. Further, that most products being sold today is in fact ionic silver being advertised as true and that electrolysis all produce mostly ionic silver.

So is this true?

If its not crystal clear that means that the particles are large enough to be visible in the suspension. This means greatly reduced bioavailability. The only other thing that might cause discoloration would be contamination.

If you are not using the purest silver and the purest distilled water you will be creating a very undesirable product. Whatever is in the water you use will bind with the silver ions. The likelihood of creating something toxic will be present. Bob Beck put forth some of the most outrageously incorrect information in his colloidal silver youtube video that I have ever seen in my many years experimenting with silver hydrosols. He described making CS in a restaurant, in front of a curious wait server, using restaurant tap water and table salt. He passed away shortly after that video was made. Caveat emptor.
He did use salt and water for the cotton sleeves when using his blood electrifier, maybe that's what he meant? Do you have a link to the video?

If its not crystal clear that means that the particles are large enough to be visible in the suspension. This means greatly reduced bioavailability. The only other thing that might cause discoloration would be contamination.
So larger silver particles would not benefit in some other way? Maybe there isn't much research on these matters, so I don't really expect an answer.

I am glad you pointing out toxicity.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom