Colbert Report

combsbt

Jedi Master
I was just watching a recent episode of the Colbert Report where he had a physicist on talking about the possibility of extra dimensions. Stephen made an interesting comment, I'm not sure if these were his exact words but from what I remember - "Let me ask you a question about extra dimensions. Is it possible that they are inhabited by creatures that feed on our fear?" He went on to say he saw it on a Star Trek episode but sometimes I wonder about Colbert's actual beliefs. Just thought that was interesting, sorry for wasting your time if you disagree.

Very interesting about the feeding on our fear idea. I do not watch the show enough to offer speculation on his beliefs, but it appears he does provides some "truthiness" along with what is allowed by the media control PTB.

Does anyone know how Colbert's Presidential campaign ended? There was A LOT of energy and talk when he signed on and then --nothing--silence? I suspect he was silenced somehow not because he could have won (but who knows!) but because he would have drawn attention away from the "serious" candidates and the acceptable issues.
shellycheval

Colbert is extremely subversive (going back to his 'Strangers With Candy' days) so I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to slip in some ''truthiness'' (lol) here and there against the odds.

Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

Caption: What is Captain Picard thinking?

"Colbert might have done the right thing for the wrong reason, perhaps
we need a good kick in our complacency to get us ready for what's ahead"
(Of course, I substituted 'Q' for 'Colbert' :D

Found the above quote from:
_http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/quotes/S_TheNextGeneration

That particular Star Trek episode is described here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3412

However, I do not believe that extra-dimensionality was ever mentioned in the episode (only a "pure energy being"), which makes Colbert's comment all the more interesting.

The video of Colbert and Lisa Randall is here _ttp://bravenewfilms.org/blog/29097-colbert-report-lisa-randall

He asks the question regarding creatures feeding on our fear towards the end of the segment. He asks the question suddenly then perhaps "reduces the seriousness" by referring to Star Trek, which gets a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom