Chupacabras: Mexican Myth or Texas Terror?

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
http://channels.netscape.com/atplay/package.jsp?name=atplay/pm/chupacabra

by Holly Fenner

Is a local Texas television station desperate for ratings or is there something behind the legend of the Chupacabra?

A recent home video of an unidentified animal has Texas residents again pointing fingers at the famed Mexican folklore creature. WOAI Channel 4 in San Antonio broadcast the sighting in June. Watch the WOAI news story. This isn't the first or even second time this suspected "blood-sucking thing from beyond" has claimed fame in the Lonestar State.

WOAI Channel 4 first broadcast the discovery of the Texas Chupacabra in July 2004. A rancher in Elmendorf shot and killed the creature after it attacked his chickens. The animal was hairless, except for a strip going down its back, with blue-grey skin, a long, rat-like tail, a serious overbite with large canine teeth, and appeared to be suffering from mange, a chronic skin disease of mammals cause by parasitic mites and characterized by skin lesions and loss of hair.

Several months later in October, another animal resembling the "Elmendorf Beast" was shot and killed and several sightings were reported in Lufkin stirring another wave of WOAI Channel 4 chupacabra broadcasts. Check out a photo of this alleged Texas Chupacabra.

Honestly, are people buying this?

Before its latest northern migration, alleged attacks of the Chupacabra, or "the Goat Sucker," first appeared in the 1960s in Mexico and Puerto Rico. An impressive series of attacks plagued the Mexican livestock in the 1990s and the Chupacabra was termed "the single most notable cryptozoological phenomenon of the past decade" by America's leading cryptozoologist Loren Coleman.

The beast preyed on livestock, usually goats and chickens, and killed the animals vampire-style, draining the blood completely through the animal's neck and leaving the meat intact. Consequently, there is some controversy surrounding the idea that the Chupacabra attacks humans. A homeowner caught a glimpse of the creature after the Chupacabra allegedly broke into the house through a window, tore apart a child's Teddy bear, and left a pile of slime and a piece of rotten meat on the windowsill. One woman claimed she was attacked by a beast with horns and wings. From the bite marks on her neck she believed the beast was a Chupacabra. Another physical attack was reported in Guanica, Puerto Rico. Osvaldo Claudio Rosado claimed he was grabbed from behind by a gorilla. He was later treated for cuts and scratches on his torso. What makes this attack so mysterious is that Puerto Rico doesn't have gorillas.

Though eyewitness accounts vary, the Mexican Chupacabra towers at a ferocious 3 to 5 feet, with bulging, red eyes, a snake-like tongue, gray skin, long, spinal quills, and a sulfur-like stench. The Chupacabra also boasts multiple talents such as the ability to fly or bound like a kangaroo. Check out a rendering of the fabled Mexican Chupacabra here.

Clearly, the descriptions for the cross-cultural bloodsucker don't add up, but who's to say that evolution doesn't work at top speed. Still, the Texas Chupacabra phenomenon has sparked an intense debate among scientists, zoologists, and residents. Though DNA tests were run on the "Elmendorf Beast", the rancher won't release the results because he was not satisfied and wants a second opinion. He's absolutely right, a folklore creature bound for infamy is much more intriguing than any sensible answer, and the six o'clock news would not get nearly as much attention.

So whether it's a dog having a bad hair day, a mangy coyote, a Muntjac deer, or the legendary Chupacabra, watch your goat's back and stay tuned to your local Texas news source.

The myth is not only related to mexico, here is an lil piece that I found wuite interesting from Argentina about some high strangeness surrounding the 2002 Cattle Mutilations.

The piece can be found here http://ufologie.net/indexe.htm

LARGE LIVESTOCK TANK MYSTERIOUSLY DRAINED OF WATER IN ARGENTINA:

"In the early morning hours of October 31, 2005," approximately "70,000 liters of water were found to be missing from a tank habitually employed to provide livestock with water." The bizarre incident took place on a ranch located 15 kilometers (9 miles) south of Parera in central Argentina's La Pampa province, just off Provincial Route 9.

According to ufologist Scott Corrales, "One of the most startling aspects of the 2002 cattle mutilation wave in Argentina was the disappearance of tremendous amounts of water from large cisterns known as 'tanques australianos' (literally, 'Australian tanks'-S.C.) in Argentina's cattle ranching communities. Entire swimming pools were drained empty in Santa Rosa, Argentina at the same time."

"Miguel Garrone, who leases the La Cabana ranch, says the tank was filled to the maximum on Saturday evening," October 29, 2005, "and was found completely empty in the early morning hours of Monday," October 31, 2005.

"No signs of breakage or filtration were found, not signs of moisture in the perimeter that could provide an answer to such a strange phenomenon."

"The livestock rancher indicated his astonishment, stressing that this is not the first time that such an event has occurred in the area."

"It is worth noting that on July 2, 2006 [sic, 2005], on a ranch belonging to Adolfo Ziegenfhus, some 4 kilometers (1.3 miles) from Quetrequen and 12 kilometers (7 miles) from Parera, another 70,000 liters of water vanished in a similar fashion - mysteriously and at night - without any trace ever being detected, not the existence of a leak or filtration that would justify the missing water ever being found." (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Raul Oscar Chavez de CIUFOS-La Pampa para estas noticias.)

Thanks to UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 10, Number 43, November 9, 2005, by Joseph Trainor, www.ufoinfo.com/roundup
The reasons this piqued my interest was that I remeber the C's saying that sometimes the HyperDimensinal craft need to offload things into our atmosphere (such as mushed up remains of dinner or other substances), so I thought, maybe they also need to pick things up such as water supplies from time to time. It could be related to the Chupacabara or somethng else completely, I dont have enough background information to say anything for sure.

Just completed a quick search and it turns out this has happened more than once to the same cattle farmer, and usually under the cover of darkness. A further report can be found here.
http://www.iraap.org/news/nov.htm#cz2b

The astonished livestock rancher indicated that this is not the first time tanks have been emptied. The ranch is located some 15 km south of Parera, La Pampa. On July 2, 2005, in a ranch belonging some 4 km from Quetrequ

Chile has tons of stories about old chupa that has made the national news supported by many professional investigators and witnesses. To say it is just a Puerto Rico, Mexico, Texas phenom is a gigantic error. I read one fantastic story (on "Rense"...) that the Chilean army during Pino actually captured one somewhere in Santiago's outskirts and handed it over to NASA.

Still concerned to "Chupacabra" , a supposed stranger animal appeared in the city of Varginha, Minas Gerais State, Brazil ten years ago. It has been world wide commented in that time , not only the show-up of a " misterious animal" , but the eyewitness ensured had also seen an " ET " in a position like , sit down over its knees. OK , there were a imense huricane , with the imediately presence of the local Corporation od Firemen followed by a contingent of Brasilian Army aiming to capture the creature. Local peoples have been related , days after the event, the death of several animals like porks, goats and so one , having their bodies clearly indicious of bloodsucker, thereafter spreading the stories around the "Chupacabra". By the way , the night before this inusitate fact, the sky of Brazil , had never presented so many " UFO" confirmed either by the public as well by the Aeronautic Division in Brasilia.

Here is one supposedly caught on film.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3sCYPR04uY&NR=1

The creature looks strange, maybe it's faked, but if it is, the creature is very well done, its movements are realistic.

baklavatsky said:

The creature looks strange, maybe it's faked, but if it is, the creature is very well done, its movements are realistic.
Yeah, pretty creepy. I noticed that there was a lens artifact thing at one point where you could see like a smaller "double" of the creature going the opposite direction of the actual movement just above and to the right. It strikes me that this type of lens effect was natural and would not happen if the video was a hoax.

baklavatsky said:

I dislike the fact that the person who edited the video used the 'tunnel' effect, which doesn't seems right. Just let it be shown as it was: both normal speed and slow moton (no effects). However, it is creepy to see such creature lurking around in someone's backyard. Almost reminds me of that 'kids' birthday party in Mexico' scene from the 'Signs' movie.

If it's not a hoax, it might be interesting to note the locations of these 'window fallers.' South America seems to have been filled with them. osit.

baklavatsky said:

This might be a bit of a shot in the dark, but watching this video reminded me of the video posted on SOTT on February 12, 2009 of a creature caught on filmπ in Peru.
__http://www.sott.net/articles/show/175930-Video-Strange-Alien-Like-Being-Captured-In-Santa-Rosa-de-Quives-Peru

there is a new article on SOTT with a tape where you can see the creature that was trapped and later released in motion .

perhaps a not yet classified species ?

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/233660-US-Maryland-Is-Bizarre-Creature-Caught-on-Video-a-Chupacabra-

The animal in the cage is not "ugly"-it is clearly a canine of some type-perhaps a hairless fox (it's ears rather remind me of a kit fox) If they had it in custody did they take a blood sample to run tests to determine exactly what this creature may be? The video shows it eating something- chupas are supposedly blood sucking creatures-so if this is the notorious "chupacabra" it would seem to have a varied diet...

I thought too it was related only to Mexico, but it is related to other countries of latinoamerica, of course there's lies about the creature or myth, there was period that it was used here as red herring for political purposes. But on other cases there was like a plague, chupacabras runing all along latinoamerica eating sheeps, I've seen a documentary that talks about this and explains that that plague may be certain type or rodent with the needed kind of jaw to cause those bites on sheeps.

It's like the mothman case or others where supposedly big wolves appeared on some ranchs haunting people or herds.

In the Philippines they have a cryptid they call "sigben"....goat like animals which have a face of a dog but legs just like a goat. This animals are said to walk backwards and look from down below there body. They are said to eat squash and lives in huge jars! Their masters can call them and they know his voice perfectly. they can hear from 4 kilometers. I dont know if this animal is related to chupacabras.....Please decide.

The Chupacabra legend is something that has interested me since I was young. I was only 5 years old when this ugly cartoon monster began to appear on the t-shirts and backpacks of my classmates, this goblin sipping on a goat, a straw protruding from the poor animals neck. Needless to say, the idea of the Chupacabra is something that stuck with me as my interest in the weird increased.

I've read a lot of reports of these critters in all the Cryptozoology material I've studied, and a lot of common details began to emerge. The more I thought, the more I read, and the more I learned, the more I saw that these common details revealed the general outline of a theory. With the addition of more data, including the Cassiopaean material, I decided it might be a good idea to start writing it all down.

Once I wrote it down, I figured it would only be natural to share it. Since this seems to be the main Chupacabra thread here, I figured this would be a good place to post it.

Keep in mind, my theory is crazy, and sounds like science-fiction; to those who may have serious objections to that, I'd like to say one thing: What isn't, these days?

While researching this phenomena, it became clear that there are at least two distinct types of creatures influencing reports: the first, an aberrant variant that I have decided to call the "Latin Chupacabra"; the second, a more mundane, but still abnormal creature I call the "Texan Chupacabra". This distinction is based on the physiological and behavioral aspects of the entities reported.

The Latin Chupacabra is vaguely humanoid in form: two arms, two legs, a head, and generally erect posture. Unlike humanoids, or primates for that matter, these beings almost universally exhibit a digitigrade leg structure, like that of birds. They appear to be bioluminescent to at least some degree, as evidenced by reports of glowing red/orange eyes and colorful, glowing quills. These "quills" usually run form the nape of the neck, all the way down the spine. This Latin variant is also reported to have long fangs in addition to teeth, and a proboscis like structure that extends from the beings' mouth.

The creatures feed by means of exsanguination, generally draining their prey of blood completely, and making precise surgical incisions to remove and presumably feed on various organs. There is evidence to suggest that organs may be somehow liquefied and ingested via the proboscis. In some cases, the beings appear to be "robot like" in their movements, suggesting some sort of remote control, but are capable of situational awareness that suggests the capacity for sapience and the understanding of human behavior. They have also been reported in conjunction with UFOs.

This would suggest human involvement, at the very least. Prior to 1995, I have been unable to locate any clear reference to this type of creature in mythology or folklore (any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated), which makes me think that it may be an entirely new type of being. Given that it suddenly appeared almost exclusively in Puerto Rico in 1995, I suspect human hands are more or less directly responsible for these creatures.

As an island, Puerto Rico experiences a unique and vibrant biodiversity that is largely isolated from the outside world, at least more so than the continental United States. As an unincorporated territory of the US, Puerto Rico would seem like the perfect place for amoral scientific experimentation on an unsuspecting population.

My "theory" regarding the Latin Chupacabra is this: "Someone" decided that Puerto Rico would be a good testing ground for the development and release of a transgenic, perhaps even biomechanical organism.

Using genetic traits from 3rd Density earth organisms and 4th Density STS entities, and perhaps even inorganic mechanisms, (such as a computer embedded within the motor cortex for remote control), a sort of "living drone" might be created. Much like the aerial strike drones used in the current Gulf War, the beings might be "piloted" via some kind of neural link-device; possible applications could include reconnaissance, guerrilla warfare, and psychological terror.

When not under the conscious control of a sapient mind, this "Chupacabra" might behave more like an animal, driven by hunger, shelter, and reproduction (despite the lack of obvious genitalia; though the possibility exists such creatures would be engineered sterile, for "safety").

Once a successful, stable organism was created, they may have been bred until a sufficiently stable population could exist. At this point, they may have been released into Puerto Rico's relatively controlled environment, as an experiment to see how well the "drones" could adapt and survive in real-world conditions. Any 4th Density Overseers may have been invited to test drive the new model, thus explaining the intelligent behavior in some reports.

Many of the bizarre biological traits exhibited by the Latin Chupacabra have correlations in various organisms today.

For instance, vampire bats are able to survive on blood; what aids them in doing so is a specialized immune system, which would be highly useful in a transgenic being, where massive tissue rejection might be a problem. Thus, the introduction of the "immunity" gene could have resulted in the accidental or deliberate introduction of the trait that allows the bats to feed on blood, explaining the Chupacabras unusual feeding habits (to an extent).

Certain species of cuttlefish have incredibly advanced chromatophores that actually luminesce, instead of simply reflecting light. Why have they evolved this highly advanced bioluminescense system? For camouflage, threat displays, and communication! Exactly the behavior reported in Chupacabras when they use their luminous spines and eyes (although, to my knowledge, camouflage has yet to be reported).

The presence of feathers/quills, digitigrade legs, and nesting behavior suggests the presence of some avian genome. Perhaps they lay eggs, or this is only vestigial social behavior?

Lastly the skull and facial structure, as well as the reptilian skin, and "supernatural" abilities, lead me to conclude that some 4th Density STS "genetic" material could be present. I think the implications of that statement are obvious enough.

The Texan Chupacabra, by comparison, appears to be a more conventional breed of animal. These creatures resembled some sort of malformed or mutated canine. They often appear to have mange and/or abnormally colored fur, typically blue/gray. Their bone structure displays an unusually pronounced spinal column, and hind legs that are longer than the forelegs. They seem to be almost constantly malnourished, evidenced by their skeletal structure and lack of obvious fatty tissues. Reports of exsanguinated livestock in conjunction with sightings of the Texan variant are not uncommon.

They appear to be loners, preferring not to forage for food in packs, at least not near human habitats. While this would seem to be contrary to canine behavior, I have witnessed lone coyotes roaming the suburban area in which I live. Thus it is not unusual, in my opinion, for stable populations of wild canines to live near human settlements relatively undetected, as the canines in question forage in isolation.

How this variant would be able to exsanguinate prey, however, is unknown to me. There have been no reports of physiological structures in the Texan Chupacabra that would facilitate this. My best guess is that these creatures are some sort of mutated coyote. Perhaps a small population of coyotes were exposed to radioactive material somewhere in the American southwest, where many atomic tests have been performed? Perhaps they gradually mutated and inbred, assuring the preservation of these mutations in future generations? And now, perhaps like the normal coyote, are developing established populations on the fringes of human settlements?

Any thoughts, comments, and feedback are welcome!

Back
Top Bottom