Chupacabras: Mexican Myth or Texas Terror?

Kaigen

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
:) I doubt if this is chupacabra, even baby, and it eats corn? How ever, check this out.

_http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9490035
 

davey72

The Living Force
Kaigen said:
:) I doubt if this is chupacabra, even baby, and it eats corn? How ever, check this out.

_http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9490035

From this site:
Most people in DeWitt County are convinced this is the elusive chupacabra, but what do wildlife experts have to say?

"The animal in the cage as best I can tell from the view was some sort of a small canine," said Brent Ortego, a wildlife diversity biologist with Texas Parks and Wildlife.

Ortego said a canine can include a coyote, dog, or even a fox. He said the animal most likely has mange, which has caused it to lose its hair. But as for a chupacabra, he thinks otherwise.

This is what it appears to me to be.
 

tschai

Jedi Master
The way it uses it's forepaws like hands is not a canine characteristic. I am going to go with a raccoon with mange or some other skin disorder.
It also does not have any of the features eye witness have attributed to the chupacabra-large glowing eyes, blunt facial features, a set of spines running down the back and membranes under the arms suggesting it may be able to fly. The creatures have also been described as 3'-4' tall and are bipedal-this critter clearly is not a biped.

Chupacabra? No-Raccoon- most likely candidate
 

Maat

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Khalsa said:
The Chupacabra legend is something that has interested me since I was young. I was only 5 years old when this ugly cartoon monster began to appear on the t-shirts and backpacks of my classmates, this goblin sipping on a goat, a straw protruding from the poor animals neck. Needless to say, the idea of the Chupacabra is something that stuck with me as my interest in the weird increased.

I've read a lot of reports of these critters in all the Cryptozoology material I've studied, and a lot of common details began to emerge. The more I thought, the more I read, and the more I learned, the more I saw that these common details revealed the general outline of a theory. With the addition of more data, including the Cassiopaean material, I decided it might be a good idea to start writing it all down.

Once I wrote it down, I figured it would only be natural to share it. Since this seems to be the main Chupacabra thread here, I figured this would be a good place to post it.

Keep in mind, my theory is crazy, and sounds like science-fiction; to those who may have serious objections to that, I'd like to say one thing: What isn't, these days?

While researching this phenomena, it became clear that there are at least two distinct types of creatures influencing reports: the first, an aberrant variant that I have decided to call the "Latin Chupacabra"; the second, a more mundane, but still abnormal creature I call the "Texan Chupacabra". This distinction is based on the physiological and behavioral aspects of the entities reported.

The Latin Chupacabra is vaguely humanoid in form: two arms, two legs, a head, and generally erect posture. Unlike humanoids, or primates for that matter, these beings almost universally exhibit a digitigrade leg structure, like that of birds. They appear to be bioluminescent to at least some degree, as evidenced by reports of glowing red/orange eyes and colorful, glowing quills. These "quills" usually run form the nape of the neck, all the way down the spine. This Latin variant is also reported to have long fangs in addition to teeth, and a proboscis like structure that extends from the beings' mouth.

The creatures feed by means of exsanguination, generally draining their prey of blood completely, and making precise surgical incisions to remove and presumably feed on various organs. There is evidence to suggest that organs may be somehow liquefied and ingested via the proboscis. In some cases, the beings appear to be "robot like" in their movements, suggesting some sort of remote control, but are capable of situational awareness that suggests the capacity for sapience and the understanding of human behavior. They have also been reported in conjunction with UFOs.

This would suggest human involvement, at the very least. Prior to 1995, I have been unable to locate any clear reference to this type of creature in mythology or folklore (any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated), which makes me think that it may be an entirely new type of being. Given that it suddenly appeared almost exclusively in Puerto Rico in 1995, I suspect human hands are more or less directly responsible for these creatures.

As an island, Puerto Rico experiences a unique and vibrant biodiversity that is largely isolated from the outside world, at least more so than the continental United States. As an unincorporated territory of the US, Puerto Rico would seem like the perfect place for amoral scientific experimentation on an unsuspecting population.

My "theory" regarding the Latin Chupacabra is this: "Someone" decided that Puerto Rico would be a good testing ground for the development and release of a transgenic, perhaps even biomechanical organism.

Using genetic traits from 3rd Density earth organisms and 4th Density STS entities, and perhaps even inorganic mechanisms, (such as a computer embedded within the motor cortex for remote control), a sort of "living drone" might be created. Much like the aerial strike drones used in the current Gulf War, the beings might be "piloted" via some kind of neural link-device; possible applications could include reconnaissance, guerrilla warfare, and psychological terror.

When not under the conscious control of a sapient mind, this "Chupacabra" might behave more like an animal, driven by hunger, shelter, and reproduction (despite the lack of obvious genitalia; though the possibility exists such creatures would be engineered sterile, for "safety").

Once a successful, stable organism was created, they may have been bred until a sufficiently stable population could exist. At this point, they may have been released into Puerto Rico's relatively controlled environment, as an experiment to see how well the "drones" could adapt and survive in real-world conditions. Any 4th Density Overseers may have been invited to test drive the new model, thus explaining the intelligent behavior in some reports.

Many of the bizarre biological traits exhibited by the Latin Chupacabra have correlations in various organisms today.

For instance, vampire bats are able to survive on blood; what aids them in doing so is a specialized immune system, which would be highly useful in a transgenic being, where massive tissue rejection might be a problem. Thus, the introduction of the "immunity" gene could have resulted in the accidental or deliberate introduction of the trait that allows the bats to feed on blood, explaining the Chupacabras unusual feeding habits (to an extent).

Certain species of cuttlefish have incredibly advanced chromatophores that actually luminesce, instead of simply reflecting light. Why have they evolved this highly advanced bioluminescense system? For camouflage, threat displays, and communication! Exactly the behavior reported in Chupacabras when they use their luminous spines and eyes (although, to my knowledge, camouflage has yet to be reported).

The presence of feathers/quills, digitigrade legs, and nesting behavior suggests the presence of some avian genome. Perhaps they lay eggs, or this is only vestigial social behavior?

Lastly the skull and facial structure, as well as the reptilian skin, and "supernatural" abilities, lead me to conclude that some 4th Density STS "genetic" material could be present. I think the implications of that statement are obvious enough.

The Texan Chupacabra, by comparison, appears to be a more conventional breed of animal. These creatures resembled some sort of malformed or mutated canine. They often appear to have mange and/or abnormally colored fur, typically blue/gray. Their bone structure displays an unusually pronounced spinal column, and hind legs that are longer than the forelegs. They seem to be almost constantly malnourished, evidenced by their skeletal structure and lack of obvious fatty tissues. Reports of exsanguinated livestock in conjunction with sightings of the Texan variant are not uncommon.

They appear to be loners, preferring not to forage for food in packs, at least not near human habitats. While this would seem to be contrary to canine behavior, I have witnessed lone coyotes roaming the suburban area in which I live. Thus it is not unusual, in my opinion, for stable populations of wild canines to live near human settlements relatively undetected, as the canines in question forage in isolation.

How this variant would be able to exsanguinate prey, however, is unknown to me. There have been no reports of physiological structures in the Texan Chupacabra that would facilitate this. My best guess is that these creatures are some sort of mutated coyote. Perhaps a small population of coyotes were exposed to radioactive material somewhere in the American southwest, where many atomic tests have been performed? Perhaps they gradually mutated and inbred, assuring the preservation of these mutations in future generations? And now, perhaps like the normal coyote, are developing established populations on the fringes of human settlements?

Any thoughts, comments, and feedback are welcome!

Don't know if you read Lo! by Charles Fort but I think it could expand your view and theory with new information (maybe unrelated, maybe not so - these subjects are indeed very intricate !) :
_http://books.google.fr/books?id=Cx5-mKfUoeMC&printsec=frontcover&hl=fr#v=onepage&q&f=false (see in particular chapter 13 & 14)
 

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Its not a chupacabra, but it is same as ugly, it seems it comes from Hades world, apparently they capture a nahual, I didn't knew those animals/creatures? exists for real. :O It's too ugly.¨ It also looks like a mutant xoloitzcuintle, that is a very expensive dog, _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Hairless_Dog

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagual said:
Nagual
In Mesoamerican folk religion, a Nagual or Nahual (both pronounced [na'wal]) is a human being who has the power to magically turn himself or herself into an animal form: most commonly a donkey, turkey, or dog,[1] but also other and more powerful animals, such as the jaguar and puma.

Such a Nagual is believed to use his powers for good or evil according to his personality.[2] Specific beliefs vary, but the general concept of nagualism is pan-Mesoamerican. Nagualism is linked with pre-Columbian shamanistic practices through Preclassic Olmec depictions which are interpreted as humans transforming themselves into animals. The system is linked with the Mesoamerican calendrical system, used for divination rituals. The birth date often determines if a person will be a Nagual. Mesoamerican belief in tonalism, wherein all humans have an animal counterpart to which their life force is linked, is also part of the definition of nagualism.[3] In English the word is often translated as "transforming witch", but translations without the negative connotations of the word witch would be "transforming trickster" or "shape shifter".[4]

In modern rural Mexico, nagual is sometimes synonymous with brujo ("witch"): one who is able to shapeshift into an animal at night, (normally into an owl, bat, or turkey) drink blood from human victims, steal property, cause disease, and the like.

_http://cronicaveracruz.com/increible-capturan-nahual-en-paso-de-ovejas/ said:
--translating from Spanish--

A weird creature was eliminated around the municipality of Paso de Ovejas, 25 km from the city of Veracruz.

The photo of this singular specie was provided by a sister of one of the elements of Mexican marines (Secretaría de Marina Armada de México), that claim that along with other marines went to help the town, which complain that someone or somewhat was killingtheir livestock animals.

The informant claims that, at biginning of January from this year (2014), some inhabitants from the municipality of Paso de Ovejas, were angry of the situation, even they fear about their own lives, in several occasions, they had asked for police reinforcement but did not had any answer. So then, they organized themselves to go hunting that conclude with the capture of this weird specie that looks like a gigant lizard, with dog body, large and pointed tail, big snout, thick skin without flakes, and humanoid limbs.

The residents claim that it is a "nahual" (mostly because, between indigenous groups it is denominated "nahualism" to the practice or capacity of some people to shapeshifting into animals and/or nature ad to practice sorcery), and they were suspicious of someone practicing such activity in their comunity.

Now this news is from today, in Spanish, and it looks to be pretty much the same ugly specie, captured in the same Veracruz State, with a different photo, a little uglier.
_https://mx.noticias.yahoo.com/reportan-la-captura-de-un-presunto-nahual-180702583.html said:
Mexico City, 26 August.- Residents from San Andrés Tuxtla, Veracruz, reported to the authorities, that they captured a presumed nahual, which generated terror within the population

They were hunting, their dogs detected this weird animal and chase it, so then, upon seeing the nahual, choose to take it down with big sticks.
 

Attachments

  • 1059976_388184737993149_1339033156_n.jpg
    1059976_388184737993149_1339033156_n.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 70

davey72

The Living Force
mabar said:
Its not a chupacabra, but it is same as ugly, it seems it comes from Hades world, apparently they capture a nahual, I didn't knew those animals/creatures? exists for real. :O It's too ugly.¨ It also looks like a mutant xoloitzcuintle, that is a very expensive dog, _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Hairless_Dog

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagual said:
Nagual
In Mesoamerican folk religion, a Nagual or Nahual (both pronounced [na'wal]) is a human being who has the power to magically turn himself or herself into an animal form: most commonly a donkey, turkey, or dog,[1] but also other and more powerful animals, such as the jaguar and puma.

Such a Nagual is believed to use his powers for good or evil according to his personality.[2] Specific beliefs vary, but the general concept of nagualism is pan-Mesoamerican. Nagualism is linked with pre-Columbian shamanistic practices through Preclassic Olmec depictions which are interpreted as humans transforming themselves into animals. The system is linked with the Mesoamerican calendrical system, used for divination rituals. The birth date often determines if a person will be a Nagual. Mesoamerican belief in tonalism, wherein all humans have an animal counterpart to which their life force is linked, is also part of the definition of nagualism.[3] In English the word is often translated as "transforming witch", but translations without the negative connotations of the word witch would be "transforming trickster" or "shape shifter".[4]

In modern rural Mexico, nagual is sometimes synonymous with brujo ("witch"): one who is able to shapeshift into an animal at night, (normally into an owl, bat, or turkey) drink blood from human victims, steal property, cause disease, and the like.

_http://cronicaveracruz.com/increible-capturan-nahual-en-paso-de-ovejas/ said:
--translating from Spanish--

A weird creature was eliminated around the municipality of Paso de Ovejas, 25 km from the city of Veracruz.

The photo of this singular specie was provided by a sister of one of the elements of Mexican marines (Secretaría de Marina Armada de México), that claim that along with other marines went to help the town, which complain that someone or somewhat was killingtheir livestock animals.

The informant claims that, at biginning of January from this year (2014), some inhabitants from the municipality of Paso de Ovejas, were angry of the situation, even they fear about their own lives, in several occasions, they had asked for police reinforcement but did not had any answer. So then, they organized themselves to go hunting that conclude with the capture of this weird specie that looks like a gigant lizard, with dog body, large and pointed tail, big snout, thick skin without flakes, and humanoid limbs.

The residents claim that it is a "nahual" (mostly because, between indigenous groups it is denominated "nahualism" to the practice or capacity of some people to shapeshifting into animals and/or nature ad to practice sorcery), and they were suspicious of someone practicing such activity in their comunity.

Now this news is from today, in Spanish, and it looks to be pretty much the same ugly specie, captured in the same Veracruz State, with a different photo, a little uglier.
_https://mx.noticias.yahoo.com/reportan-la-captura-de-un-presunto-nahual-180702583.html said:
Mexico City, 26 August.- Residents from San Andrés Tuxtla, Veracruz, reported to the authorities, that they captured a presumed nahual, which generated terror within the population

They were hunting, their dogs detected this weird animal and chase it, so then, upon seeing the nahual, choose to take it down with big sticks.
tschai said:
The way it uses it's forepaws like hands is not a canine characteristic. I am going to go with a raccoon with mange or some other skin disorder.
It also does not have any of the features eye witness have attributed to the chupacabra-large glowing eyes, blunt facial features, a set of spines running down the back and membranes under the arms suggesting it may be able to fly. The creatures have also been described as 3'-4' tall and are bipedal-this critter clearly is not a biped.

Chupacabra? No-Raccoon- most likely candidate




My dog uses his forepaws like hands


Regarding the last post this is an older pic and was discussed on this forum if i remember correctly.
 

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
davey72 said:
Regarding the last post this is an older pic and was discussed on this forum if i remember correctly.
It was? :huh:, ah! ... sorry then, I am going to check it, it looks quite similar to the yahoo ones and they do resemble too in the pics from the Borgia Codex in wikipedia. But I am not surprised.

Thanks.
 

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
mabar said:
Now this news is from today, in Spanish, and it looks to be pretty much the same ugly specie, captured in the same Veracruz State, with a different photo, a little uglier.
_https://mx.noticias.yahoo.com/reportan-la-captura-de-un-presunto-nahual-180702583.html said:
Mexico City, 26 August.- Residents from San Andrés Tuxtla, Veracruz, reported to the authorities, that they captured a presumed nahual, which generated terror within the population
They were hunting, their dogs detected this weird animal and chase it, so then, upon seeing the nahual, choose to take it down with big sticks.

Regarding the yahoo news of the nahual that appear in multiple national newspapers, found another one, with different date, from 22th of August, it has pretty much the same information, but with a different photo, the animal looks dried. In Spanish. Here: _http://www.diariolostuxtlas.com.mx/2014/08/22/campesinos-hallan-animal-raro/ it has at the end another photo of another similar animal, supposedly to be in decomposition, it does not indicate if the photo is from the same animal they are talking about, though.

_http://www.oem.com.mx/diariodexalapa/notas/n2379877.htm In Spanish, the finding of a carcass of a unknown animal, a biologist mentions that it could be a coyote. News from 2012 from Acula, Veracruz.

Now, what would be this? Video from Tequila, Jalisco. 2013. _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMNwKH0GsEE Note: did a quick search here, but didn't find it, but I am not sure, sites post images/photos from other sources making other stories. Found the other thread davey72 appointed me.

modify: check quote
 

Attachments

  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 45

Nienna

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
There have been a lot of images of other animals like this in the US. They turn out to be racoons, foxes, coyotes, etc. with severe cases of mange. All I can do is to feel sorry for their plight and how people are being led to believe that they are evil, supernatural creatures. Especially when they are being chased by humans, and killed, so that the humans can have their 20 minutes of glory in showing it to the people. Although, that does end any misery these animals may be experiencing.

There could be other causes for these animals to be losing all of their fur, but whatever it is, I'm sure it is not pleasant for them.
 

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Nienna said:
There have been a lot of images of other animals like this in the US. They turn out to be racoons, foxes, coyotes, etc. with severe cases of mange. All I can do is to feel sorry for their plight and how people are being led to believe that they are evil, supernatural creatures. Especially when they are being chased by humans, and killed, so that the humans can have their 20 minutes of glory in showing it to the people. Although, that does end any misery these animals may be experiencing.

There could be other causes for these animals to be losing all of their fur, but whatever it is, I'm sure it is not pleasant for them.

Hadn't seen any images from US with severe cases of mange. Need to check out the dimensions of racoons, foxes and their like, I picture them as middle sizes dogs. I understand your sorry for those animals, chased by humans, same as elephants, dolphins, tigers, bulls, iguanas, coccodriles etc, etc... The so called sport of hunting for fun.

It was curious to me due to the different name related, chupacabra from the first post to nahual, differnet word similar folklore. And by the description from the first post, I identified characteristics with the images. But, I supposed I fall in what Holly Fenner in her article says: "a folklore creature bound for infamy is much more intriguing than any sensible answer, and the six o'clock news would not get nearly as much attention".

There are mammals that are furless or hairless as is the case of the dog xoloitzcuintle, not just by picture, I had known them in 3D, a father's friend use to have them, I was reading the xoloitzcuintle (my fault the first time, didn't read it, I just insert the link as reference) wikipedia page and, it says something interesting:

"The breed is not well known in the United States. As a result, the Xolo has been mistaken for the mythical Chupacabra of Mexico. (6 "Mythical chupacabra found?". CNN. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2010.)

But it has its diferences in form, that's why I thought it looked like a mutant xoloitzcuintle.

Image: a xoloitzcuintle dog, xolo, mexican hairless dog.
 

Attachments

  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 26
Top Bottom