Christianity disinformation?

Barsanufio

The Force is Strong With This One
According to a response of Jesus and Christianity Cassiopaeans is disinformation. It is thought also to Laura about religions or belief systems.
HOWEVER the message of Jesus seems genuine in this forum is the "Community of the cosmic mind" which dates back to early Christianity. Are there any specific research text about Jesus and misinformation? Or the truth of his doctrine?

Barsanufio said:
According to a response of Jesus and Christianity Cassiopaeans is disinformation. It is thought also to Laura about religions or belief systems.
HOWEVER the message of Jesus seems genuine in this forum is the "Community of the cosmic mind" which dates back to early Christianity. Are there any specific research text about Jesus and misinformation? Or the truth of his doctrine?

With all due respect, please use the search function. There is information available to read so you can make up your own mind. And too much information for posting to explain...

I agree. It was as if some renegotiations article very concrete and specific, but it is true, texts on the subject there are some

I'm sorry but I don't understand exactly what you are saying in this post.

I agree with Al Today, there is way too much information to post in a single post.

Barsanufio said:
I agree. It was as if some renegotiations article very concrete and specific, but it is true, texts on the subject there are some

The first thing to think about when considering Christianity as we know it today is who wrote the Bible and why? There is a great deal of scholarly research on this topic that is not that easily accessed by the ordinary person because some of the books are expensive, the journals where the papers are published are also expensive or available only to academics, and often the language - jargon - they use obscures what they are saying. That is why I've been wading through this stuff for years now, posting relevant material in the forum, and writing analyses in articles - to help those who don't have the time or money to have access to the information that is generally kept from them. (Though, as you can see, nobody can really accuse anyone of keeping the facts from you because they ARE available - just not so easily.)

In the thread on the Odyssey in the "books" forum, you will read some lengthy excerpts from some of the very latest academic research on this topic. I encourage you to check it out.

The other day, we were (again) talking about Christianity with my wife and I suggested that she(and me too) should read one of the recommended books (on this forum) on the subject. I was happily surprised when she answered: "Yeah, that would be good, go ahead and order one of those books for me". Checking out some threads on this subject I decided to buy "The Bible Unearthed" by Finkelstein & Silberman. We haven't started reading it yet, but it looks promising. I wonder though if another book would have been more accessible to my wife. I'm not underestimating her, but she's always saying that she's not good at reading "scholarly stuff" - would some other book be an easier start?

I would suggest starting with Burton Mack's "The Lost Gospel". Then, there is the amazing book "Berossus and Genesis, Manetho and Exodus: Hellenistic Histories and the Date of the Pentateuch" by Russell Gmirkin. But that one is rather pricey. I've extracted the most important chapters from that book on the Odyssey thread here in the forum. Then, there is "The Jesus Mysteries" and "Jesus and the Lost Goddess" by Freke & Gandy. These last are easily available and less expensive.

Laura said:
I would suggest starting with Burton Mack's "The Lost Gospel". Then, there is the amazing book "Berossus and Genesis, Manetho and Exodus: Hellenistic Histories and the Date of the Pentateuch" by Russell Gmirkin. But that one is rather pricey. I've extracted the most important chapters from that book on the Odyssey thread here in the forum. Then, there is "The Jesus Mysteries" and "Jesus and the Lost Goddess" by Freke & Gandy. These last are easily available and less expensive.

Thanks, will check those out!

Lost Christianity by Jacob Needleman is also useful, not so much as a historical analysis but from a present day Gurdjieffian perspective, as is the Gnosis trilogy by Mouravieff. But a good start formthe historical perspective would be the works Laura mentioned, especially Burton Mack's which debunks the idea that Jesus was a Jew.

I also found The Gnostic Paul by Elaine Pagels useful.

The periodicals Biblical Archaeology Review (BAR) and Bible Review were very helpful for me when I was trying to make sense of things back in the mid-1990's. The latter one has since merged into BAR. I originally received BAR as an anonymous gift subscription. I have no idea who sent it, but it was exactly what I needed at the time. (Thank you whoever you are!)

At the time I belonged to a church but I was having serious doubts about what was being taught. I had started to "check the references" and it wasn't looking good. These periodicals armed me with an outside perspective that helped me see through what my church (at the time) was up to and, ultimately, what various elements of modern Christianity have been up to.

I AM PROUD OF CONVERSATION WITH LAURA!
I have read "Who wrote the Bible" on the site Cassiopea.
GREAT SITE!

Write short sentences to be understood better.

I appreciate the readership.

Hello Dawn.
I understand you do not understand the meaning of the post.
Machine translation is not good.
The meaning is:
The Christian religion is disinformation?
It comes from unseen forces to mislead people?
The church has developed a lot Ponerology,
but the message of Jesus seems genuine and good.
How much of deception and how much really?
I believe the Gospel "humanized."
At the same time Christians behave rarely.
I was looking for texts to clarify this point.

Megan said:
The periodicals Biblical Archaeology Review (BAR) and Bible Review were very helpful for me when I was trying to make sense of things back in the mid-1990's. The latter one has since merged into BAR. I originally received BAR as an anonymous gift subscription. I have no idea who sent it, but it was exactly what I needed at the time. (Thank you whoever you are!)

Best to keep in mind that BAR is generally considered a disinfo rag among more serious researchers. They tend to use archaeology to 'prove' certain things in the Bible, when the evidence doesn't justify them to do so, basically keeping the myth alive.

Barsanufio said:

My point of view is that there was never an objective problem with anything Jesus is supposed to have said. The problem was/is with the original translations of the Gospels from the Greek to other languages and then the interpretations of these teachings from those cultural mindsets.

From a 'spiritual' point of view, it seems to me that humanity is always divided into those who "have eyes to see and ears to hear" and those who don't.

Approaching Infinity said:
Best to keep in mind that BAR is generally considered a disinfo rag among more serious researchers. They tend to use archaeology to 'prove' certain things in the Bible, when the evidence doesn't justify them to do so, basically keeping the myth alive.

It was/is oriented toward the public, and that might in itself draw criticism. You've got to take all of it with a grain of salt. I found many of the articles helpful and some of them not.

I remember the "cancel my subscription" letters. They enjoyed publishing them and the letters could be fun reading. The magazines seemed to manage to run over somebody's sacred cow every month.

These days I was wondering where I could start to find some clues for this subject.I thank you all for the book recommendations.Also I want to have a better understanding about monotheism and its impact on our way of thinking.Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom