Childhood weird experience

I guess what I was getting at was - how about next time you have this, instead of perceiving it as a negative thing, try to be objective about it and just explore it, and see how far you can go with it ?

Maybe you will be shown something you never thought possible...

You never know what you may find or learn :-)
Yeah. I can do that :D I can take that risk and love that kind of adventure. Dyou think it'll be safe? As long as I will not wake up in 5D or in a different reality, I am up for this trip. :scooter:

I will update this thread if I happen to explore and see what I can find. :)

I know someone who've had similar things happening to her in adult age few times, like it's been hard for her to perceive the size of her body when waking up middle of sleep. I don't think it's nothing to worry and probably goes away later in life.

If not already then maybe you could check your sleeping routines, for example incorporate some relaxation habits before going to bed and remove anything that affects sleep quality negatively (such as blue light exposure, eating too late etc)?

Many people think that out-of-body experiences (consciousness/soul detaches from the physical body) are to some degree similar to the dream state.

It's not like that.

When it happens, one is "awake", aware at the highest level. In fact there is no difference between being out of the body and being awake in your body.

So, perhaps it is an experience close to that, which allows you to have that special perception.

It has only happened to me once in my life (leaving my body), so it does not serve as proof that this is the case always and for everyone, but as I say, the state of consciousness is exactly that of being awake.

Now, I say this to you as one more possibility to assess and the possible "consequences".

Now, I say this to you as one more possibility to assess and the possible "consequences".
Yes. I can attest to this as I have experiences of being out of my body too and more experiences where I tried experimenting with "spiritual stuff". I have attended christian forums about translocation/out of the body practices which have been useful for me in that phase of my life. Now, whenever I meditate or catch some vibe, I ask my higher self if I can tune in with it, then I go from there. This may sound weird I know and I may need help. :nuts::shock:

Rest assured I will not anything stupid from what I do not know fully. 😅

I've had similar experiences, and it was usually when I was ill or had a fever, it happened a lot when I was younger, and it has happened to me a few times as an adult.

it was strange as my mouth would feel too full, as if my tongue was too big for it. It is a definite switch in perception and interestingly enough, whenever they would talk about people being punished for their bad deeds by demons or angels or apparitions, in the lore of the country where I come from, they'd always say that "their tongue was huge". So as a child, I would get really worked up about the experience.
I know someone who've had similar things happening to her in adult age few times, like it's been hard for her to perceive the size of her body when waking up middle of sleep. I don't think it's nothing to worry and probably goes away later in life.
I experienced this again last night. I just checked this thread and I can point out similar factors that I can remember compared to when I was young.

I had fever yesterday because of colds. While I was about to sleep, I had tinnitus in my left ear. I find it a little annoying because it took me a long time to relax and now tinnitus? T.T So I waited for that to pass and noticed Im feeling this weird sensation again. Feels so odd and I figure to check what I feel this time and compare it to my past experiences.

It feels as if my organs are too small for my body. While trying to examine my perceptions, it is as if I cannot perceive the size of my body though I do not think I feel heavy. I was trying to breath and noticed I can do it though I feel that my lungs were somewhere deep down in this enormous body. I feel like my body is "filled with something" that gets me thinking for it to be too large and the shrinking feeling comes when I feel that my organs are too small.

I had to open my eyes and looked at other things in the bedroom so I wouldn't focus too much in this odd state. Closing my eyes just aggravates the weird sensation and discomfort. I waited for that to pass. Maybe it lasted for about 3-4 min which can seem forever esp when you do not know what is happening.

So while trying to sleep again, I noticed I can see images in my head. I didnt took the time to observe the images because theyre just flashing pictures. So I just gave some time for these different mental thoughts to settle and prayed to the Universe to help me relax again. :D

I hope I will be able to find the right term for it. 🌸

It feels as if my organs are too small for my body. While trying to examine my perceptions, it is as if I cannot perceive the size of my body though I do not think I feel heavy. I was trying to breath and noticed I can do it though I feel that my lungs were somewhere deep down in this enormous body. I feel like my body is "filled with something" that gets me thinking for it to be too large and the shrinking feeling comes when I feel that my organs are too small.
When I was in my 20s I would have somewhat similar experiences while laying in bed at night. For me it was like an "Alice in Wonderland" syndrome, where it felt like I was either really tiny or really huge compared to my surroundings. While your perceptions are a bit different than that, seems like it could be a similar thing. The C's were asked about this in the 22 Feb 2010 session:

(L) So anyway, his question is:

"What is the cause of Alice in Wonderland syndrome?"

A: Brain disorder.

Q: (L) Well, we kind of know that it's a brain disorder.

A: Signaling function due to improper or defective myelinization.

Q: (L) In other words, they've got short circuits in the brain?

A: Yes. And in the optical pathways particularly.

Q: (Ark) Can it be of some use or advantage for people that have it?

A: None that we can find.

Q: (Ailén) Is there any cure?

A: Possibly dietary adjustments over the long term.

Q: (L) He says, "What are the implications of the altered perception of 3rd dimensional space while undergoing these symptoms?"

A: Diminished objectivity.

Q: (L) He then asks, "Is this some form of 4th dimensional 'bleedthrough'?"

A: No.

Q: (L) Well, what his wife is describing sounds more like an optical thing, so that sounds like something is wrong with her eyes.

A: Retinal disorder.

Q: (L) And his, he says he feels like he could lay in bed and reach out and touch the ceiling, and this particularly happens when he's about to go to sleep.

A: In his case it is mainly brain chemistry triggered.

Q: (Perceval) She's gonna be walking into doors, and he's gonna be opening them before he gets to them.

(Burma Jones) I have a quick question about that. When I was a kid, I had that a lot. Was mine then brain chemistry triggered?

A: Yes. Lots of serotonin then.

Q: (L) I had that happen to me once.

(Bubbles) So did I.

(L) I think it was when I was laying in bed going to sleep.

(Burma Jones) It was always when I was laying in bed.

(Perceval) I would get it when I would sit and concentrate for too long. Things would seem a little magnified.

(L) It seems to be brain chemistry induced.

(Perceval) Or maybe eye strain.

(Burma Jones) Mine definitely wasn't my eyes. It would seem like the door on the far wall over there would be like 50 feet away.

(L) I had a couple little glitches happen with my eyes when I was growing up. I remember once I was seeing double for about 10 minutes. But it was so intense that I couldn't make it stop. I don't know what triggered it, and then it never happened again. And then I woke up one night and I was blind. I couldn't see at all. I felt my way through the house to the bathroom, and got myself back to bed. For some reason, I wasn't terribly distressed about it - I just went back to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, everything was back to normal.

(Bubbles) I've had that happened to me before, but it only lasted a couple of seconds.

(L) So I think there's all kinds of interesting things that can happen in the brain. The brain is a really delicate complex structure. That it works as well as it does with so few glitches is a miracle!

(Ark) But I wonder because it is a very small probability that two people meet and have the same essential condition. Maybe there is some chemical in their house?

(L) That triggers it? Is it possible that there is something in their house, some kind of toxicity they're exposed to?

A: Yes. Dietary!

First described in 1955, Alice in Wonderland syndrome (AIWS) is a perceptual disorder characterized by distortions of visual perception (metamorphopsias), the body schema, and the experience of time.

Yes, it is similar to AIWS but just different sensations. I havent perceived things to be magnified though or feel anything unusual with my eyes. To provide more context, one probable factor aside from my fever was, before sleeping, I was thinking of my job and the concept peace of mind. I would say that I am bothered with my colleague but I wouldn't say that I am stressed at work. So while trying to understand my lesson and figured it out, I was just lying in bed and trying to sleep.

Checking my diet yesterday, I didnt eat anything funny 😝 or something that is not a usual part of my diet. Although it could also be my hormones because I just finished my period and women have higher glucose spikes during that time. While checking some resources and recalling my dreams in the last few days, I think Im leaning to excess serotonin. 🤔

I don't have any useful suggestions, but, I've felt this way (or something similar, I think) when I was little and sick/feverish too, and still occasionally get it when I'm half asleep while lying in bed at times when I've been exhausted or stayed up for way too long.. It feels like "I" am much too big for my body.. The walls of the room feel very close, as if the location of my consciousness has expanded to fill the room.. The only specific body part I always seem to have the sensation in is my tongue, for some reason.. feels like my tongue is way too big for my mouth.. There is no optical distortion, if I open my eyes I start feeling normal again.. I like the sensation and usually just lie there enjoying it until I fall asleep. Haven't had it actually wake me up, or last for longer than a few minutes though, for me it is very mild. So I'm not sure if it's the same thing or not. But I always thought it was related to out of body experiences, like my body has fallen asleep but my mind hasn't, or I'm partially in my "astral body" and sort of half floating out of my physical body. Don't know how much validity that has though...

There are even Pink Floyd song lyrics that I think refer to this state. From 'Comfortably Numb':
When I was a child, I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons

When I was little, I was sick many times. On several occasions, my vision suddenly went "in." It was like a tunnel and reality was at the end of the tunnel. I was going inside and reality (what I was seeing) was getting smaller and smaller and further away in the tunnel.

I was scared and I had to make "force" to return.

I had a similar experience during a fever when i was about five.I recall looking down the stairs that seemed to go down for ever and my parents at the bottom of the stairs looked tiny (a million miles away). I also had other disconcerting sensations like the feeling my nose was in-feasibly large (much larger than my head) and that my limbs were very long.

So it seems that there is a factor of having fever.

What does the brain do during fever

Fever, and temperature regulation at large, are controlled by intricate processes of the human brain. The brain, or more specifically, the region of the brain known as the hypothalamus, plays a central role in the cause and resolution of fevers.

What are the components involved?​

Before we get into the nitty gritty of how fevers are caused and how they are subsequently normalised, let’s find out more about the key players involved in this response.

1. The Hypothalamus

The hypothalamus is a tiny, almond-shaped structure located at the base of the brain. The hypothalamus is instrumental in regulating many vital processes that govern our life, such as hunger, sleep, thirst, circadian rhythms and relevantly to us, body temperature. The hypothalamus is also crucial as a bridge between the nervous and endocrine systems, playing a key role in the activation of several “master” hormones of the pituitary gland.

2. Pyrogens

The term “pyrogen” (Greek, meaning “fever producer”) refers to a class of cellular messenger proteins which play a key role in the signalling response associated with fever.

Pyrogens can be exogenous or endogenous. Exogenous pyrogens (eg. Lipopolysaccharide) are substances produced by infectious agents like bacteria, which our bodies have evolved to respond to with a temperature increase. Usually, they work indirectly by stimulating the production of endogenous pyrogens (eg. Interleukin-1, Interleukin-2, TNF-alpha), which are “cytokines” which form a part of the body’s immune system. They play the role of alerting the hypothalamus to signs of infection, which prompts an increase in the “set-point” of the hypothalamus.
3. Prostaglandins

Prostaglandins are a class of physiologically active compounds that have a variety of effects on the body. In our case, the most relevant is prostaglandin E2, which plays a key role in alerting the hypothalamus to increase its “set-point” to a higher temperature setting.

Hypothalamic Dysfunction

Since in fever, we are fighting infections and infections can cause hypothalamic dysfunction, maybe this is why these sensations occur in wake-sleep cycle? and it depends on our brain chemistry, when we have fever, which kinds of hallucinating stuff we'll witness?

Back
Top Bottom