Chaldaic Oracles

susy7

Jedi Master
I would like to know what the Cassiopaeans think about the Chaldean oracles and if the work of Proclus was well detailed?

I would like to know what the Cassiopaeans think about the Chaldean oracles and if the work of Proclus was well detailed?

Hey susy7, for those of us not familiar, perhaps you could tell us what you think about the Chaldean oracles? What it is in particular about them that interests you and that motivated you to ask the question? The same goes for Proclus; are there any works of his in particular that you had in mind, and if so, why?

susy7, that’s not the way the forum works.

What you expect is for others to do the job for you. You want me to read the PDF, research the content, come to some conclusion and then post my result. Why don’t you do that yourself?

It’s like Laura asking the Cs some questions she could find out the answer herself, and their answer is always ‘Research!”. Research the issue, come to some conclusions, then you might ask some clarification about some of the things that are unclear or ambivalent.

But in general, they ask everybody to do the work themselves, as far as they are capable. Because the goal is understanding, and this you only get if you delve into a topic and look at it from multiple sides. And think about it, and then research some more. If I do the work for you, you won’t really come to some understanding.

Of course it’s a bit more complicated than that - and that is where networking comes in. Which means that we do the work together. I contribute a piece, you contribute another, and so over time we come to a conclusion. So my suggestion would be that you contribute the first piece, and then we can take it from there.

As the Cs say - there is no free lunch.

susy7, that’s not the way the forum works.

What you expect is for others to do the job for you. You want me to read the PDF, research the content, come to some conclusion and then post my result. Why don’t you do that yourself?

It’s like Laura asking the Cs some questions she could find out the answer herself, and their answer is always ‘Research!”. Research the issue, come to some conclusions, then you might ask some clarification about some of the things that are unclear or ambivalent.

But in general, they ask everybody to do the work themselves, as far as they are capable. Because the goal is understanding, and this you only get if you delve into a topic and look at it from multiple sides. And think about it, and then research some more. If I do the work for you, you won’t really come to some understanding.

Of course it’s a bit more complicated than that - and that is where networking comes in. Which means that we do the work together. I contribute a piece, you contribute another, and so over time we come to a conclusion. So my suggestion would be that you contribute the first piece, and then we can take it from there.

As the Cs say - there is no free lunch.
I'm working on it! Thank you!
These tips I know!

Hey susy7, for those of us not familiar, perhaps you could tell us what you think about the Chaldean oracles? What it is in particular about them that interests you and that motivated you to ask the question? The same goes for Proclus; are there any works of his in particular that you had in mind, and if so, why?
I answer you seeing that the message has been erased, in the Oracles it is first of all a theogony, or on the one hand there is the notion of Idea of Plato. What I found while reading these fragments are the links and what the Cassiopaeans say. Proclus, was a Neo-Platonic author who had worked on it. Unfortunately the pdf does not correspond to the fragments I read

I answer you seeing that the message has been erased, in the Oracles it is first of all a theogony, or on the one hand there is the notion of Idea of Plato. What I found while reading these fragments are the links and what the Cassiopaeans say. Proclus, was a Neo-Platonic author who had worked on it. Unfortunately the pdf does not correspond to the fragments I read

Once you get the material together and you can provide a bit more information as to what your query is, we'll all have a better idea, and others on the forum may even have information or leads that may be of help.

Just going off the keyword: Chaldean, i found this thread by Laura that, if you haven't seen it already, may be of interest: Origins of Comets = Origin of Astrology

Once you get the material together and you can provide a bit more information as to what your query is, we'll all have a better idea, and others on the forum may even have information or leads that may be of help.

Just going off the keyword: Chaldean, i found this thread by Laura that, if you haven't seen it already, may be of interest: Origins of Comets = Origin of Astrology
Hello, yes I have read them; but the part on comets is a "part" of all the fragments, I will cite several and this in order to think about it. If I posted this question here it is because it is question to Cassiopaeans

Hello, yes I have read them; but the part on comets is a "part" of all the fragments, I will cite several and this in order to think about it. If I posted this question here it is because it is question to Cassiopaeans

It was clear that you intended your question for the C's, however as Laura often says - in the most recent session, for example - and as Nicklebleu stated above, we are encouraged to try to find answers to questions ourselves first, to 'figure it out' for ourselves, if we can.

And so a part of doing that is to share as much information about the problem/question as we can with others - networking - along with our comments and thoughts, and this in turn allows others to do the same. In this way, we're helping each other and it makes it possible for us all to learn something along the way :-)

It was clear that you intended your question for the C's, however as Laura often says - in the most recent session, for example - and as Nicklebleu stated above, we are encouraged to try to find answers to questions ourselves first, to 'figure it out' for ourselves, if we can.

And so a part of doing that is to share as much information about the problem/question as we can with others - networking - along with our comments and thoughts, and this in turn allows others to do the same. In this way, we're helping each other and it makes it possible for us all to learn something along the way :-)
to give an idea of how the Démiurge is described
Fragment 57
the father blew the 7 firmamaments of the worlds
fragment the Démiurge is described as follows for men
There is a certain Intelligibles, which you must conceive by the flower of the Intellect; for if you incline your intellect towards it and seek to conceive it as if a determined object, you will not conceive it; for it is the strength of a luminous sword which shines with intelligent intellectuals. This Intelligible must not be conceived vehemently, but by the subtle flame of a subtle intellect, which measures everything except this Intelligible; and it should not be conceived with intensity, but by carrying there the pure glance of your diverted soul (of the sensitive), tend towards the Intelligible an empty intellect (of thought) in order to learn (to know) the Intelligible, because 'it subsists out of (the catch) of the (human) intellect
And this is the first fragment, the rest consists in the creation of worlds and according to the notion of Ideas, which is also cited by the Cassiopens, the Démiurge uses ideas in creation

Back
Top Bottom