Cassiopea jazz-fusion band

Thank you for the band info ... for me I will never guess they are from Japan, sound is quite summerish for summer nights by the beach .... ;)

And thank you for the link to this covers .. incredible .. :)

Keit said:
Thanks for recommendation! Take a look at this album image ;)
Casiopea%20-%204x4%20%5BLIMITED%20EDITION%5D.jpg

or this:

Casiopea%20-%20Work%20in%20%28Best%29.0.jpg

or this

Casiopea%20-%20Main%20Gate.jpg

Around 80s it looks like that in music was a trend of that kind of "Wave" look visuals. One of them that gets me off the ground, that I found actualy when I started reading Wave few months ago, is this short Michael Jackson video for the very famous song "Can You Feel it"

https://youtu.be/mWu15I56gvE

And if I remember right 80s was a time when Ra Material get collected through channeling by the Carla L. Rueckert, that built foundations for Cassiopaea and Laura experiences.

Takashi Takahashi said:
Laura said:
I guess you have to have special ears for this kind of music. It's not unpleasant, but it all sounds rather bland and the same to me.

Surely you don't think this bland. Not suited for BGM. Progressive rock band "Shingetsu" in which Haruhiko Tsuda, who taught me Cassiopaean material, plays the guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILzlqYdGWcE

No, not bland. Kinda Pink Floydy.

solarmind said:
Around 80s it looks like that in music was a trend of that kind of "Wave" look visuals. One of them that gets me off the ground, that I found actualy when I started reading Wave few months ago, is this short Michael Jackson video for the very famous song "Can You Feel it"

Geeze, I have a cousin with a voice exactly like that.

Don't like the music, though.

solarmind said:
And if I remember right 80s was a time when Ra Material get collected through channeling by the Carla L. Rueckert, that built foundations for Cassiopaea and Laura experiences.

I wouldn't say it laid the foundations though it made us aware that others had similar ideas and were trying to be scientific about it.

Approaching Infinity said:
Laura said:
I guess you have to have special ears for this kind of music. It's not unpleasant, but it all sounds rather bland and the same to me.

A lot of jazz fusion from the 70s and 80s sounds like elevator music to me, and I like jazz! :lol:

A couple of my favorites, with quite different styles:

Django Reinhardt playing 'Brazil', with two fingers (he lost use of 2 fingers on his left hand in a fire, and re-learned how to play guitar, apparently better than he had before). Reinhardt was one of those guys (like Louis Armstrong) who could improvise perfect solos that sound as if they were pre-composed.

I liked that.

And one of my favorite jazz pianists, Bill Evans, playing 'Gloria's Step'. Again, this guy could improvise solos with the skill of a composer (permutation, retrograde, inversion, etc.). And that's not even to mention the interplay between all the members of this trio. This song actually has a pretty complex chord progression, but Evans's first solo over the changes fits perfectly.

Didn't like that.

And just for fun, here's Joey Alexander, an 11-year-old Indonesian prodigy, playing 'Over the Rainbow'. He's played with some of the biggest names in jazz, and they all praise his skill, not only technically, but improvisationally and in a group. As one of them put it, for him jazz is like a language, and when he learns a new 'word', he knows exactly how and when to use it.

Liked that.

voyageur said:
Heck, I'll throw in, Al Di Meola, while playing in Moscow - a short funky version of the Beatles 'And I Love Her':

Liked that.

But I didn't like them well enough to choose to listen to them if I was sitting around. For me it's kinda like elevator music.

Laura said:
solarmind said:

Geeze, I have a cousin with a voice exactly like that.

Don't like the music, though.

solarmind said:

I wouldn't say it laid the foundations though it made us aware that others had similar ideas and were trying to be scientific about it.

I just remembered that in 1988 I actually had kind of very deep spiritual experience in the Diocletian mausoleum, one that is turned into city chatedral in Split, and that year was also very important in my life for a 1st big change I decided to make in my life as a teenager ... watching this M. Jackson video now ( apart form music, just visuals), kind of made me think, is there some times on earth that were more captivated for this knowledge of higher densities to be spread among human on a more "visible" and more "present" way? Like this Ra material channeling, is it possible that through subconscious art work of pop art ( music, images etc ) that can be intentionally spread by higher densities entities to more people than just to those who will go by them self to look for it?

And thank you for the note about Carla link to your work.

I just realize that she died this April.

Thank you for that link, quite interesting! :flowers:
Found that live-Version which makes me understand how one comes to like it.
Only from the CD it does not sound too interesting to me. But hearing them live could be quite an adventure!

https://youtu.be/oMiw0f-qVPk

I absolutely love jazz fusion! I can see how people would think it sounds like elevator music though. I just happen to love elevator music. I am a huge fan of anything Chick Corea does! This is one of my favorite songs to ride my bike to while the sun is rising http://youtu.be/EZ69-99wu4g

He made an incredible jazz-flamenco fusion album in '76. The piano is so animated in this album
http://youtu.be/JLR1Un97Myg

He did another jazz-bluegrass fusion album which is so lovely
http://youtu.be/e4HM98Amp_E?list=PLjPgmWrSqGoGSRA3sUCnmNMbfYCcRCgOX

Thank you for that link, quite interesting! :flowers:
Found that live-Version which makes me understand how one comes to like it.
Only from the CD it does not sound too interesting to me. But hearing them live could be quite an adventure!

https://youtu.be/oMiw0f-qVPk

After the above exchange, I studied some about the band Casiopea and liked the hardest first track of their first album, which also includes “Midnight Rendezvous”. The saxophonist is Michael Brecker.
上の方のやり取りの後、僕はカシオペアというバンドを幾らか勉強し、♪ミッドナイト・ランデブーも収録されてるファースト・アルバムの1曲目がハードで気に入りました。サックスはマイケル・ブレッカーだよ。

I also love this tune from the 4th album. There was a grammatical problem, and Harvey Mason corrected it to "Eyes of the Mind".
あと4thのこれも大好き。文法的に難があって、”Eyes of the Mind” という風にハーヴィー・メイソンに訂正されたのはご愛敬。

Back
Top Bottom