Cass Sunstein's Minions at Work on Alternet?

psychegram

The Living Force
Found this via Rense (yeah yeah, I know, potential disinformation....)

_http://www.alternet.org/news/147851/top_10_right-wing_conspiracy_theories/

It's a longish piece so I'll just post the first bit:

Top 10 Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories
The American radical right has to be considered a strong contender for the title of modern conspiracy champion.
Conspiracy theorizing has flourished as a virtual art form in all nations and across all political persuasions. But the American radical right has to be considered a strong contender for the title of modern conspiracy champion. A vast body of academic literature exists exploring this history, of which Richard Hofstadter's 1964 essay, "The Paranoid Style in American Politics" is the most famous. Hundreds of books and articles have chronicled the rise (and fall) of an unceasing march of disparate conspiracy-based movements that, at different points in American history, have trembled before and warned against imaginary threats posed by Catholics, Mormons, Jews, American Communists, Freemasons, bankers, and U.S. government officials and agencies.

The piece covers all the usual bases: 9/11, of course; chemtrails; martial law; fluoridation; vaccines; you name it, it's in here. In virtually every case - as one might expect from the title - the conspiranoia is associated with radical rightwing militia types ... which of course makes sense, as AlterNet is a primarily leftwing news source. The game is thus, "make sure the lefties associate all these theories with their cultural whackjob enemies on the 'far right'."

What made me immediately think 'Cass Sunstein' with this piece was that, throughout, the author points towards government sources (FEMA in the case of FEMA camps, the FAA in the case of chemtrails, etc) as the authoritative final words on these issues. Which of course, is precisely the tactic Sunstein was suggesting....

All in all a pretty slick piece of propaganda. And the comments are absolutely infested with supporters! *sigh*

Mod's note: Deactivated link.

Back
Top Bottom