Candida/Detox-Diet Friendly Recipes

JonnyRadar

The Living Force
It seems as though the recipes that are 100% candida/detox-diet friendly are kind of interspersed throughout the Recipes board. I thought I'd start this thread to collect them all together, so people can either post their own recipes or link to other ones within the forum that are "kosher" for the detox diet.

I found that when starting the diet, I was really bummed out for the first couple days, thinking I'd only be eating brown rice and spinach. :lol: Yet there's such a plethora of good recipes that are detox-diet friendly, perhaps we can help other people who are just starting out to see - sooner rather than later - than one can indeed eat well, healthily and tastily!

Here's a short list to start off with. A few of them have non-diet-friendly ingredients but they can be substituted with other things. I also left out recipes that contain nightshades.

Buckwheat Crepes and Pancakes
Candida Diet-Friendly Pesto Pasta Dinner
Chickpeas and Cavalo Nero
Ginger Papaya Salsa
Home made almond milk
Home-made Rice Milk
Laura's Chicken Soup
Laura's Dahl
Laura's Lamb Stew
Laura's Onion Soup
Lamb Tagine

And this one is in response to Perceval's question in the chocolate thread:

Perceval said:
Anyone got any good "make your own sugar-free chocolate" recipes?

We made this last night and ate it with some blueberries, strawberries and almonds. You wouldn't believe it, it tastes exactly like chocolate mousse!

Raw Vegan Avacado Chocolate Mousse

4 Avacados
1 Rounded Tsp. Stevia
1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Organic Cocoa (or Carob) Powder
2 Tsp. Milled Flaxseed
1/4 Cup Olive Oil (or other - Safflower, etc...)
1/4 Cup Rice Milk
2 Tsp. Coconut Milk (optional - to add a slight coconut flavor)

Scoop out the avacados and chop them up into small pieces. Add avacados and everything else to a blender or food processor, mix thoroughly, and enjoy! Takes about ten minutes to make, and can be used with berries, gluten-free/yeast-free cakes/crackers, buckwheat crepes, and lots of other things!

:)

Nice, thank you JonnyRadar. I had been thinking it would be a good idea to gather up all of the friendly recipes. This will be helpful because there are so many recipes listed but some contain things that conflict with one or more of the diets.

Awesome!! Thank you JonnyRadar!! :thup:

As I am just starting the detox diet this comes in at the perfect time for me!!

Many thanks to all the contributors as well!!

I'm slowly but surely making my way towards an all-detox diet too -- thanks for putting this together in one place, and I second Pete02's thanks to the contributors as well!

Made these last night and after some experimentation they turned out pretty good. They're called super cookies 'cause each one is almost enough for a meal!

Buckwheat Super-Cookies

What you need: Buckwheat Flour, Sea Salt, Vanilla Extract, Crushed Almonds, 1 Carrot, 2 Apples, Cinnamon, Olive Oil, Hemp/Rice/Almond Milk (or water), Stevia, Milled Flax Seed

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups buckwheat flour
1/2 cup milled flax seed
1 & 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup crushed almonds
2 & 1/2 tsp. stevia

Wet Ingredients:
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup olive oil
1 cup hemp/rice/almond milk (or water, if you use water, add a pinch more salt and stevia to the dry mix)
1 carrot, peeled and shredded/finely chopped
2 apples, peeled and shredded/finely chopped

Topping:
In a small side bowl, mix 1 tsp. stevia and 1 tsp. cinnamon

To Make:
Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry bowl, stirring until completely mixed. Let dough stand and cool for at least 45 minutes (in the fridge or outside if it's cold where you live).

Once set, make the dough into balls and place them on the cookie sheet. Flatten each one slightly. With a basting brush, coat all the cookies lightly in olive oil, then sprinkle the stevia/cinnamon mixture on top and bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes. The outsides should be crispy and the insides should be moist and chewy.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom