Cancer: causes and cures

Nancy2feathers said:
I would appreciate advice on this, please!
I'm not sure how helpful or relevant this would be, but in addition to what LQB said, perhaps she might be interested in the book "When the Body Says No". I realize she has quite a bit on her plate right now, but it was just a thought I had (thinking about the section regarding the cancer personality).

Nancy2feathers said:
Hi Everyone. I was looking for the right thread to post in, so I hope this one will do. I found out today that someone dear to me has pancreatic cancer. My youngest daughter called and told me the news today. My daughter and I have been friends with this person for years. My daughter would call P over the years when we were going through rough times and I know P would give my daughter sound advice. I want to call P to see if she`s up to having a visit with me. I want to give her a hug and let her know how much our friendship means. I also want to be externally considerate, but I`m thinking "Keto Diet". I don`t know any details of how far the cancer has progressed. How would I approach someone in her situation to give her Keto diet advice. It breaks my heart and I know if I don`t share with her about the Keto diet, well there`s always that question of "what if?". What if the Keto diet would work for her? How do I even bring it up in conversation in an externally considerate way? I would appreciate advice on this, please!

Thank you, N2F

I'm sorry N2F. There are a couple of things that could help with the pain and progression of the disease. Hopefully, the material would be useful.

Gaby said:
Thought I would share a couple of posts with you. I'm thinking that it might either help him with his pain, provide some relief and/or slow down the cancer's progression:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21599.msg258583.html#msg258583

Researchers at the MD Anderson Cancer Center have found that Boswella can deactivate the key receptor on cancer cells (pancreatic and breast cancer cells were tested) that allows the cancer to spread and invade.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13241.msg135209.html#msg135209

_http://www.sawilsons.com/cancersenema.htm

By Kristen Philipkoski
02:00 AM Oct, 30, 2002 EST

A study testing a controversial pancreatic cancer treatment that uses coffee enemas should by all rights be nearly complete.

But three years into it, Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez has only 25 of the 90 patients he needs to complete recruitment for the trial.

His clinical trial has been stalled by economics, logistics and outright prejudice against the twice-daily enema regimen, despite a promising pilot study.

"I'm the first person to say it: In the oncology world I'm a very controversial guy," Gonzalez said. "But we're trying to do very serious research."

Because pancreatic cancer is one of the most deadly types, it doesn't take long for researchers to find out if one treatment extends life longer than another. In the pilot study, Gonzalez's treatment more than tripled the 5-1/2 month life expectancy of pancreatic cancer patients on standard treatment.

Still, because the program is unusual, oncologists have not been chomping at the bit to refer their patients to the Gonzalez trial, which is being carried out by the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons.

Many seem troubled by the coffee enemas.

"I respect his willingness to have his regime studied," Barrie R. Cassileth, chief of integrative medicine at Sloan-Kettering, told the New Yorker last year. "But the coffee enemas are ludicrous. He ought to just get rid of them."

But Gonzalez said they are an integral part of the program. Caffeine stimulates certain nerves in the lower bowel, he said, that trigger a neurological reflex that makes the liver -- the body's main detoxification organ -- work more efficiently.

He says he follows the program himself as a preventive measure, works 14 hours a day and feels great.

"I thought (coffee enemas) were yucky when I first started doing them -- I had to get used to them," he said. "But I felt so much better from the first day that I never looked back."

Gonzalez began his latest study in 1999 with a $1.4 million grant from the National Institutes of Health -- a coup for an alternative treatment. The NIH predicted he would sign up the patients he needed in three years, but it's taken Gonzalez much longer.

"In the United States it's hard for a therapy that represents not only a different paradigm clinically but a different paradigm economically," said Peter Chowka, an investigative journalist who has reported on alternative medicine for 25 years and served as a consultant for the NIH Office of Alternative Medicine.

Gonzalez's treatment includes two coffee enemas every day, plus about 150 supplements in pill form and a strict organic and vegetarian diet -- none of which are patentable and therefore are not potential blockbusters for drug companies.

You can't even buy the supplements used in the treatment at a health food store. Gonzalez has them specially made for the clinic.

"You're not going to go to the store and find 'Gonzalez Supplements' with my smiling face on them," he said.

It's not the kind of treatment most oncologists are accustomed to. But Gonzalez believes conventional pancreatic cancer treatment is much more unpleasant.

"When dealing with oncologists I always say, 'You give bone marrow transplants to patients, injecting toxic drugs and almost killing them,'" Gonzalez said. "Compared to that, coffee enemas are not that big a deal."

Another reason oncologists might prefer to send their pancreatic cancer patients elsewhere is that pharmaceutical companies often pay a "bounty" of around $8,000 per patient when doctors refer them to drug makers' trials.

"It's a very common practice, and the competition for subjects is fierce these days," said Arthur Caplan, director of the University of Pennsylvania's Center for Bioethics. Study volunteers are not always told about this potential conflict of interest, he added.

The rationale behind the bounty is that the oncologist loses a patient and should be compensated for lost income. But Gonzalez believes the practice skews trials.

"I don't think it should be that way, although it's perfectly legal and legitimate," Gonzalez said. "We're not doing that. This is a government study and government studies don't do that."

However, Jeffrey White, director of the Office of Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine at the National Cancer Institute, said that financial incentives don't actually work very well: Less than 5 percent of cancer patients in the United States participate in clinical trials.

Surveys also show that about half of patients never hear about the trials. And when they do, only about half of those patients are willing to participate.

What really gets Gonzalez riled is that some researchers suggest the patients in his pilot study may have been healthier than those in other pancreatic cancer studies to start with, thereby skewing results. One National Cancer Institute website, for example, mentions this possibility.

"That's a pile of garbage," he said. "There's no such thing as a group of pancreatic cancer patients that lives a long time."

Outside labs performed the diagnoses and biopsies for the patients in Gonzalez's pilot study, he said. Of 11 patients, eight were in stage four, meaning the cancer had spread to other organs.

Such a diagnosis is almost always a death sentence. Only 4 percent of all pancreatic cancer patients live five years or longer, and more than 80 percent die in the first year.

Gonzalez was incredulous that anyone might believe he could handpick "healthier" cancer patients.

"I have this magical ability to find pancreatic cancer patients no one has ever been able to find? We can outsmart an entire pharmaceutical company in our puny little office with one other doctor?"

In the National Cancer Institute's largest study of 126 patients, none lived longer than 19 months. In Gonzalez's pilot study, two patients lived for four years and one for almost five. The median survival time was 17 months.

Although Gonzalez looked at just 11 patients, it was impossible to ignore the data.

Despite the promising evidence, some patients are not willing or able to comply with the demands of the therapy, which also requires that patients take some of the supplements in the middle of the night.

But at 78, Edmund Rubin of Sarasota, Florida, says he's happy to comply with the regimen. Rubin was diagnosed with liver cancer in 1990. He took an interferon drug for nine months, which caused constant flu-like symptoms. Despite the treatment, doctors found a second tumor behind his ear. Fifteen radiology treatments later, the tumor was still there and doctors gave him six months to live.

That's when he heard about Dr. Gonzalez's treatment.

"In six months I regained my weight and the second tumor completely disappeared," Rubin said. "I had a CAT scan and bone scan a year later and there were no signs of tumors."

Rubin has been in remission for 11 years and still faithfully adheres to the Gonzalez regimen. He calls it "labor intensive" -- he can spend up to six hours a day administering it. It costs him about $6,000 per year and, although it's not covered by insurance, he gets about $2,000 back from the IRS.

Gonzalez began developing his treatment at Memorial Sloan-Kettering School of Medicine in the early 1980s.

During this time, Gonzalez compiled data from an orthodontist who became famous for treating Steve McQueen's cancer with coffee enemas and nutritional therapies, William Donald Kelley. For five years, Gonzalez analyzed Kelley's data, and by the time Gonzalez finished his immunology internship, he had written a 300-page treatise on Kelley's therapy.

Gonzalez was called crazy and a fraud, but he says the data was compelling and that's what mattered. He opened his own practice in New York City in 1987.

Despite the criticism, Gonzalez has played by the book. He wanted the opportunity to test his treatment, and he's gotten it. But he may have to wait several more years for results.

"No matter what one thinks of his approach," Chowka said, "I think you have to give him credit for the way he's gone about trying to validate it -- by working closely with the NCI and the NIH and all that entails, and by adhering to the scientific method."

There should be more research, but just so you know. Never mind the vegetarian nonsense, the pilot study was centerered around coffee enemas and the results were so incredible that I never forgot that study. You'll find more info and the recipe for the coffee enema here:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13241.msg135209.html#msg135209

N2F I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I understand your dilemma with whether or not to talk to her about going keto. My boyfriend's father was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic and liver cancer this last November. He is still with us today, but he is a die hard "listen to what the doctors tell you to do" kind of a guy. I had gently tried to introduce him to making some dietary changes, but it was a no go. I started by just saying that I had read a lot about sugar feeding cancer, and that people were having good results "starving" their cancers. He doesn't believe it, and says his doctor told him he could eat whatever he wants.

You could gently try with your friend and test the waters, so to speak. My heart goes out to you and your friend. :hug2:

Fwiw N2F, and it is difficult as an outsider to make suggestions around illness; it's just never easy. If possible, the high Iron thread of hemochromatosis speaks to iron feeding cancer, so this would be one of many things to have checked.

Very sorry for both you and your daughters friend. :hug:

Thank you all, for your suggestions. I`ll contact my friend, P today to see if she`s up for a visit with me. If she is up to seeing me, then I`ll go with the the intention of being a good listener. If there`s an opening where she expresses an interest in alternative treatments, I`ll share with her what you all have suggested. In the past P has shared with me different detox fasts her and her husband have done over the years, so I think she might me open to alternative treatments. We also talked about the keto diet in the past and she seemed interested and asked a lot of questions. At this point I know very little about how the cancer has progressed and what course of treatment she`s following.
Thanks again, for all your well thought out an excellent suggestions: Detox, low carb juice fast, then keto, (I was thinking bone broth). The book, "When the Body says No". Her personality type. Boswella, to deactivate the key receptors on cancer cells that allow cancer to spread and invade. Dr Nicholas Gonzalez treatment with coffee enemas and supplements. Starving cancer cells by illuminating sugar. High Iron and vit. C feeding cancer cells.

LQB said:
Nancy2feathers said:
Hi Everyone. I was looking for the right thread to post in, so I hope this one will do. I found out today that someone dear to me has pancreatic cancer. My youngest daughter called and told me the news today. My daughter and I have been friends with this person for years. My daughter would call P over the years when we were going through rough times and I know P would give my daughter sound advice. I want to call P to see if she`s up to having a visit with me. I want to give her a hug and let her know how much our friendship means. I also want to be externally considerate, but I`m thinking "Keto Diet". I don`t know any details of how far the cancer has progressed. How would I approach someone in her situation to give her Keto diet advice. It breaks my heart and I know if I don`t share with her about the Keto diet, well there`s always that question of "what if?". What if the Keto diet would work for her? How do I even bring it up in conversation in an externally considerate way? I would appreciate advice on this, please!

Thank you, N2F

That's a tough one N2F - I'm very sorry to hear that. From what I know, pancreatic cancer is very serious and usually quick. Options for her now may depend on what treatments she has done or planned to do. If it were me right now, I might go for a low carb juice fast to support detox and take strain off the digestive system. My own idea would be to enter ketosis on the juice fast and transition to the keto diet as things improved - but there are so many unknowns including what she wants to do.

I second that - plus high-dose liposomal vitamin C (or intravenous, if available).

As to how to breach the question, I guess there is no easy or universal answer. But I think that it would be worth trying. You could tell her about your own experience, how your health has improved, what you have read etc. And then you might add that there are good reasons that this diet has beneficial effects on cancer. See how she reacts, and if she takes up the thread.

Another thing would be to talk about alternative cancer treatments in general. I read an article about Essiac tea recently, which apparently has had many successful cures from cancer, even in advanced cases. It's not all that expensive and can go in parallel to more conventional treatments, if that is the road your friend chooses to take.

In the end it is her decision, and her body and life. There is only so much you can do, even if it is exceedingly painful to go through.

All the best.

I thought this would be a good article to add to this topic.

Excerpt: “Everyone should know that most cancer research is largely a fraud, and that the major cancer research organisations are derelict in their duties to the people who support them.” (source)

The above quote comes from Linus Pauling, Ph.D, and two time Nobel Prize winner in chemistry (1901-1994). He is considered one of the most important scientists in history. He is one of the founders of quantum chemistry and molecular biology, who was also a well known peace activist. He was invited to be in charge of the Chemistry division of the Manhattan Project, but refused. He has also done a lot of work on military applications, and has pretty much done and seen it all when it comes to the world of science. A quick Google search will suffice if you’d like to learn more about him.

This man has been around the block, and obviously knows a thing or two about this subject. And he’s not the only expert from around the world expressing similar beliefs and voicing his opinion.

Here is another great example of a hard hitting quote when it comes to scientific fraud and manipulation. It comes from Dr. Marcia Angell, a physician and long time Editor in Chief of the New England Medical Journal (NEMJ), which is considered to be one of the most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals in the world. I apologize if you have seen it before in my articles, but it is quite the statement.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of the New England Journal of Medicine” (source)

The list goes on and on. Dr. John Bailer, who spent 20 years on the staff of the National Cancer Institute and is also a former editor of its journal, publicly stated in a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science that:

“My overall assessment is that the national cancer program must be judged a qualified failure. Our whole cancer research in the past 20 years has been a total failure.” (source)

He also alluded to the fact that cancer treatment, in general, has been a complete failure.

Another interesting point is the fact that most of the money donated to cancer research is spent on animal research, which has been considered completely useless by many. For example, in 1981 Dr. Irwin Bross, the former director of the Sloan-Kettering Cancer Research Institute (largest cancer research institute in the world), said that:

“The uselessness of most of the animal model studies is less well known. For example, the discovery of chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment of human cancer is widely-heralded as a triumph due to use of animal model systems. However, here again, these exaggerated claims are coming from or are endorsed by the same people who get the federal dollars for animal research. There is little, if any, factual evidence that would support these claims. Practically all of the chemotherapeutic agents which are of value in the treatment of human cancer were found in a clinical context rather than in animal studies.” (source)

Today, treating illness and disease has a corporate side. It is an enormously profitable industry, but only when geared towards treatment, not preventative measures or cures, and that’s an important point to consider.

Another quote that relates to my point above was made by Dr. Dean Burk, an American biochemist and a senior chemist for the National Cancer Institute. His paper, “The Determination of Enzyme Dissociation Constants (source),” published in the Journal of the American Chemical Society in 1934, is one of the most frequently cited papers in the history of biochemistry.

“When you have power you don’t have to tell the truth. That’s a rule that’s been working in this world for generations. And there are a great many people who don’t tell the truth when they are in power in administrative positions.” (source)

He also stated that:

“Fluoride causes more human cancer deaths than any other chemical. It is some of the most conclusive scientific and biological evidence that I have come across in my 50 years in the field of cancer research.” (source)

In the April 15th, 2015 edition of Lancet, the UK’s leading medical journal, editor in chief Richard Horton stated:

“The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Science has taken a turn toward darkness.” (source)

-http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/05/11/one-of-the-most-important-scientists-in-the-world-most-cancer-research-is-largely-a-fraud/

Here is another interesting article regarding pain relief therapy.

-http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/11/13/she-was-given-lsd-psilocybin-and-mdma-in-the-final-days-before-her-death-what-happened-after-was-beautiful/

Knowing what we know about psychedelics, i wonder what the implications may be in the final days of life?

I want to try something a bit different here, if I may. I’m dealing with melanoma, the bad kind, and I’d like to sketch out the protocol I’m currently using to self-treat. This isn’t meant as medical advice or as a suggestion to follow this same path – it’s simply what I’ve come up with through research and a small bit of experience. It’s a treatment that appears to be working for me and has worked to remove a full blown melanoma lesion. I want to share it in case it might help others - and as a way to network on how to heal cancer with an intensely practical focus.

Once I’m able to follow up more deeply on research then I’ll be able to modify the protocol based on what I can find and what I can figure out. It’s a work in progress and probably always will be. Feel free to jump in with suggestions and questions.

For now, I don’t have any good objective measure of how well the protocol is working (other than the current absence of lesions) but I hope to eventually get a more professional evaluation of if/how the cancer is spreading. I have no idea if it’s spreading internally, but I’m not feeling any sign of that subjectively.

This will be fairly long and involved so I’ll chunk it up into discrete parts as I’m able. This may take a few days or longer to get it all put down as I’m not a fast writer and I want take time to be as clear as I can without writing a novel.

I won’t be putting in many references for why I’m using a particular therapy – I just don’t have time or space for that and my research isn’t organized well enough for me to easily find where I got the data. I’m sure the greatest part of my information comes from the research articles you can find at greenmedinfo-dot-com. They have a HUGE database of research, much which can be accessed free of charge (at least in abstract form). With a paid subscription you can get research tools and greater access (fairly inexpensively to my mind). Of course SOTT articles have been of great help, especially in pointing out unexpected paths of treatment for further follow-up.

Please feel free to constructively question and critique this stuff – it’s all about learning and I’d appreciate help in finding better info, better treatments, more truth. This is my effort to put the info I’ve learned on the table for others to use and modify so we all get a little smarter and healthier in the process.

Onset, relapse and external treatment of melanoma:
5 years ago I had a malignant melanoma lesion surgically removed, apparently with good success. The oncologist warned me though that if it came back I was pretty much a dead man walking (but in a nice professional way – he wasn’t being unkind, just honest).
Fast forward: a few months ago an unmistakable melanoma lesion appeared on my lower abdomen (the most common spot for men in general). Conventional medical treatment was out of the question for several reasons - so I dug in on how to treat myself as inexpensively as I could manage. Here’s the basic protocol:

I mixed up a 1:1:1 topical solution of Olive leaf extract : Turmeric extract : DMSO. With this I saturated a piece of cotton or gauze cut to the size of the lesion, applied that to the lesion and bandaged it over to hold It in place over the next 12 to 24 hours. I generally re-applied this twice a day for the next 12 days or so. About that time I was beginning to feel some significant irritation at the site, though I think the irritation may have been mostly around the margin of the lesion, not the lesion itself. It was enough to affect sleep so I changed tactics.
I switched to using 10% Lugol’s solution on the lesion 2 to 4 times a day, generally without use of a soaked piece of cloth – just apply the lugol’s, let it soak in, then cover with a bandaid to prevent staining. (Note that turmeric extract will also stain anything and everything it touches.) I continued this for another 7 to10 days or so and started to notice the lesion had hardened into a crust like a late stage scab – and the edges started to flake off. In 2 days the lesion finished flaking off and there was nice new looking skin underneath – a bit like fresh scar tissue.

Note here that another topical product that is used for this same kind of treatment is a blood root paste. It was formerly called Cansema (and you can still find it on the web using that name) but the US version is now called amazon black salve. That’s as in amazon rain forest, not the online mega retailer. The site with the amazon salve has a treasure trove of info on using it and ancillary products and info on melanoma as well.

Dr. Sircus has a protocol for using a strong lugol’s for removing lesions but it might take a bit of hunting around his web site to find it.

It’s been over 2 months since the lesion came off and there’s been no sign of that or any other lesion showing up anywhere else. I’ve read a few stories of people having similar success with lesion removal, and further, in removing new lesions that show up later. This protocol seems to be effective for melanoma lesion removal – but of course it is no indicator, and probably no help, with any internal tumors that develop. I’ll detail my efforts towards internal cancer control in a later post.

Good on you, dj. :)

My mum had a weird growth on her leg a few years back and we used a mixture of turmeric and DMSO and left it bandaged for a couple of days. It promptly fell off. I don't know if it was cancerous as it was never checked by an MD but whatever it was it never came back.

Thanks for the info Odyssey. Do you remember how you mixed the tumeric and DMSO? ie was it turmeric powder with DMSO to make it into a paste?

Also do you recall if she had any irritation or pain from the herbal treatment?

This gives me hope I could use the turmeric extract and DMSO without the Olive leaf in it -- I suspect the olive leaf may have been the most irritating part of the mixture.

If she's gone several years with no recurrence then I'd guess she's out of danger. I've read of one or two people who used topical application (iodine or black salve (bloodroot)) to treat ongoing melanoma lesions - when a lesion popped up they'd chase it away topically and repeat as necessary. So apparently you can treat the external melanomas successfully for an extended time. And maybe by staying on top of treating the lesions you prevent the internal tumors from starting.

That's my happy thought for the day, anyway.

Congratulations to you and your mom for coming up with a successful treatment that didn't require expensive and needless surgical intervention.

For my internal treatment and/or prevention of internal tumors I’m using a number of oral supplements. One of the foundations is using lipophilic vitamin C.

I take the C at night – basically a big dose over 8 to 12 hours, starting at bedtime. Dosage for now is about 8 to 12 grams/evening. I tolerate it well but I get slightly loose stools in the morning that probably is from the small amount of unemulsified C in the mixture. That’s a good thing by the way – helps keep the guts moving nicely.

Here’s the recipe for the Vit C that I’ve settled with for now. It’s pretty highly concentrated – I’m not pushing for higher concentration for now as this formulation has been very reliable to produce – no failed batches that separate or get gloppy – and with apparently good emulsification. If anyone has better or easier formulas I’d love to hear about it.

Lipophilic Vit C home recipe

Overview:
Dissolve high concentration of vitamin C in water
Dissolve high concentration of emulsifier (lecithin) in water
Combine the two solutions and mix in a way that the emulsifier encapsulates the vitamin C in very small lipid soluble bubbles.

Process for 1 liter batch – scales up nicely for 2 liter batches if desired.

Materials:
1 Mason 1qt jars, wide mouth, with lid and 1 mason 2qt jar wide mouth
Ultrasonic cleaner/mixer to hold 1 liter
8 level tablespoons of powdered lecithin (no granules), Sunflower rather than soy if possible. Using powdered, NOT granular, lecithin allows much more accurate measurement of how much lecithin is used = more reliable batches
8 level tablespoons of vitamin C powder or crystals – ascorbic acid (not sodium ascorbate = buffered vit. C)
2 to level tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) food grade (arm and hammer OK)
Counter top Blender that will hold at least 1 liter
Stick blender if available

How to make it
1-Warm up at least 3 cups of water - not above 125 F
2-While warming water, add powdered lecithin to one quart jar; add vitamin c to the 2qt jar
3-Pour 1.5 cups warm water over lecithin and swirl or stir to fully wet the lecithin
4-Pour 1.5 cups warm water over the vit. C – stir or shake until fully dissolved. OK to add a bit more water if needed.
5-Once vit C is dissolved, slowly add in the sodium bicarbonate, no more than 1 tablespoon at a time. It will foam like crazy so add slowly enough that it doesn’t foam over. Putting the C into the large 2qt jar gives plenty of room for foaming and speeds up the process. Keep lid handy to cover while foaming subsides between tablespoonfuls
6-Stir, shake or (better) use stick blender to mix lecithin and water into smooth mixture. Try to get lumps out, if needed, let lecithin and water sit for an hour to let water soak into lecithin then mix until smooth.
7-Pour lecithin water into jar with Vit. C mixture. Blend very well with stick blender if available. Other wise mix together as best you can. I thoroughly blend with a good stick mixer.
8- This should result in a yellowish to white thickish smooth fluid. Pour into blender container. Add sufficient water to blender to bring volume up to 1 liter (or 1qt if blender marked in qts)
9- put top on blender and blend like crazy – start low speed and go to a high speed and blend for several minutes (at least 3 or 4, more is OK)

------- at this point you should have a lipophilic solution that’s emulsified as much as 50 or 60% - not bad but not as good as we want it to be. ---
10-Add blended ingredients to ultrasonic cleaner and run ultrasonic for 20 – 30min. Lift lid and stir around a bit – close lid and run the ultrasonic again for another 20 to 30min. ** do not turn on heater if ultrasonic has one. Just run the ultrasonic function alone with NO heat. --- at this point your solution should be more like 75 to 85% emulsified (estimate only). Probably as good as you’ll get without professional equipment and techniques.
11- pour contents into storage jar, preferable glass. I use a tightly sealed mason jar – store in fridge, good for at least 2 weeks by my testing.
Now yer done! Congrats.
With a successful batch the approximate concentration should be (very roughly)
100mg/ml
500mg/tsp
1500mg or 1.5gm/Tablespoon
3gm/oz.
Many factors impact concentration but the above is based on getting about 80% emulsification – which is a good batch.

Dosing is something you should use due diligence in establishing. I don’t know of any firmly established or verifiable dosing tables but this has a very low toxicity and should be pretty safe to experiment with.
Personally, for use on cancer I’m taking about 10 to 12 grams over an 8hr period – not daily, but at least several times a week. To get and keep good blood levels it may require taking a dose this size several days in a row, then once blood levels are high enough it may be enough to take that dose every 2nd or 3rd day. It might be worth testing blood levels to see where you’re at. Since this form of Vit C is lipophilic, it will cross cell membranes and can get into tissues other forms of C might not easily reach. This may reflect in tests showing a lower blood level while a high level of C is actually inside the tissue cells (where it won’t show up on blood tests)
I repeat, due diligence for dosing and use. It’s complicated and different sources will give different opinions.

Trouble shooting – what failure looks like: -
If your solution isn’t a uniform milky solution then it’s not properly emulsified. A fairly quick test is to let the solution sit in a clear container for an hour or more – a solution that separates into layers, with one layer clearly more watery looking, is telling you that you didn’t get the vitamin C solution fully encapsulated by the lecithin solution. Bummer.
--- note that this is different from a solution showing a head of foam on top – that is natural and merely air bubbles rising out of the solution. – that presents no problem.

If you have the clearly separated solution then you can possibly fix it by adding in some more lecithin solution to the mix and re-blending it and running the ultrasonic on it. If that doesn’t work then you may be dealing with a bad batch of lecithin – which happens at times, usually when using old lecithin or lecithin that has been exposed to air or heat too long.

This is the one of the most concentrated forms of homemade lipophilic vit C I’ve been able to make with fairly consistent success. If you’re having problems getting it to come out properly then just reduce the amount of vit. C you’re using – that will make it less likely to separate.

Using powdered lecithin is important to get consistent results in such a concentrated solution. The granular form of lecithin gives less consistent results than powder. Powder form is a bit denser and measures more accurately than granules when using a level tablespoon as the measure instead of a weight measure.

Note that when using an ultrasonic cleaner you’ll need to fill the cleaner at least to the fill line – underfilling can risk burning out the transducers (so I’ve heard). So – get the size cleaner that will match the size batches you’re making. I make 2 liters at a time, but I only have a 1 liter cleaner – so I have to break it up and run ½ batch at a time in the ultrasonic cleaner. That’s no problem, but it takes more time to finish.

Most people will likely need 1 liter batches at a time. The solution (for me) has been stable for at least 2 weeks in the fridge, but don’t expect to keep it around much longer than that without verifying it’s not breaking down. Therefore I suggest you don’t make more than you will use in 2 weeks or so

The Vit C gives me strong anti-cancer effects nightly. To build on the anti-cancer effects during the day I drink an anti-cancer tea throughout the day. Here's how I make it:

ingredients for concentrated tea of Tulsi leaves and liquid Dandelion root extract:

I buy organic tulsi tea in 16oz. organic bags from Amazon – it’s inexpensive and lasts a long time. The company name is Davidson’s

For a more spice taste they also sell a 16oz. Tulsi tea blend that makes it a chai like tea. It’s a bit hot if using concentrated tea but works nicely to mix with straight tulsi tea. I sometimes mix 2 parts plain tulsi to 1 part tulsi blend to get a more interesting flavor:

dandelion root extract. A 2oz. bottle lasts me about 2 weeks or so. You can make your own extract from roots but it involves good bit of time and trouble if you want to make a high quality extract.

For sweetener I use stevia liquid sweetener with lemon flavor
Directions:
-- I make up the tea concentrate in 1 or 2 qt. batches. Here's how to make 2 qts at a time.
1)Heat to boiling about 1.5 qts of water. While waiting for water to boil add 12 Tablespoons (heaping) of tulsi leaves to a 2qt (1/2 gallon) mason jar. (or use 8 Tablespoons Tulsi plain along with 4 Tablespoons of Tulsi blend leaves)

2)Pour boiling water over the tea leaves, shake or stir to combine leaves with water. Cover and let steep for at least 2 hours, I usually steep for 6 hours or so.

3)pour tea concentrate through strainer into large enough pot. I first line the strainer with a layer of fine cloth like a big square of clean T-shirt or silk shirt. Also pour the leaves into the cloth/strainer. Tie up the ends of the cloth and squeeze it to press all the liquid out of the leaves. -- At this point you could steep the left over leaves for a short while and re-strain and re-squeeze it to get the last bit of goodness out of the leaves.

4)Pour Add water to concentrate to make it equal 2 qts total. then pour the concentrate into containers of choice - I often use mason jars, I suggest using glass containers that seal tightly for best quality. Mason jars (if they aren't over-filled) are sturdy enough that you can freeze them and keep them in the freezer for longer term storage. -- the concentrate will keep well in the fridge for 2 weeks or more, maybe as long as a month.

5) I add about 1oz. of concentrate to water in a qt size yeti style stainless steel travel cup. Add in about 2 droppersful of Dandelion root extract.
I sweeten to taste with about 7 drops of liquid stevia with lemon flavor and up to 1tsp of xylitol - use what works best for you. It's not bad even with no sweetener.
For an extra measure of anti-cancer effect I'll usually add something to make the solution more alkaline. Sodium bicarbonate would work, but I use a product called Ph10Max - adding 5 or 6 drops. Stir well, add ice and enjoy over several hours or more. I drink 1 to 2 qts of this type tea a day. I find it more refreshing than regular tea, and so far I haven't tired of the taste.

that's all there is to it. The tea is healthy in many many ways other than the strong anti-cancer properties of both the tulsi and the dandelion root.

Please note that I don’t have any good measure or science based estimate of what blood levels I’m getting in drinking this tea. Solving that puzzle is high on my list of things to research and calculate on. It will probably be at least another month before I’m in a space where I can resume my studies.

In the meantime I’m supplementing consistently at what I think is a fairly high, but not extreme dosage. Given time and space to buckle down and study for a few weeks should allow me to fine-tune dosage a bit.

There are still a few parts to this therapy left to sketch out – I’ll continue later

dj said:
Thanks for the info Odyssey. Do you remember how you mixed the tumeric and DMSO? ie was it turmeric powder with DMSO to make it into a paste?

Also do you recall if she had any irritation or pain from the herbal treatment?

I used turmeric powder and DMSO liquid. It was just enough of each to make a paste and apply to the skin without it dripping. She didn't complain of any irritation or pain.

Back
Top Bottom