Canadian Orwellian world: Lockdowns, vaccines passports and more

Here we go again, triple down - "study says".

The dumbest headlines I've seen, and people will buy it. :nuts:
Rebel News reported that Byram Bridle and other researchers have written rebuttal of the new "study" purporting to show that the unvaccinated are dangerous to the vaccinated:

From the article:
In less than 48 hours after the original “study” hit mainstream news, there have been multiple publications refuting these assumption-based findings. Bridle’s rebuttal, titled “Fiction Disguised as Science to Promote Hatred,” approaches the deeply flawed article from an immunological standpoint.

The first flaring error that he points out is the assumption that unvaccinated people only have 20% baseline immunity. Sourcing a robust, peer-reviewed paper, Bridle notes that a more evidence-based number would be in the ~90+% range. For arguments sake, he changed this one assumption in the model to a more practical number and “it flips the entire thing on its head.”

By adjusting even just one assumption to a more practical real-world number, the modeling then reflects what the real world data is showing.

Researchers at the Ontario civil liberties association, namely Denis Rancourt, published a separate statement on this article. Rancourt calls it a travesty that Fisman et al “concocted a new parameter, never before defined in the scientific literature” to falsely obtain a desired conclusion.

The second publication was by researchers from Kaleidoscope Strategic and the University of British Columbia titled, “Dispelling the Myth of a Pandemic of the Unvaccinated.” Their 20-page report examines government data and concludes that while “health officials claim that the unvaccinated are driving infection rates and that mandates are necessary to keep from overwhelming hospital capacity, a careful inspection of the data indicates that not only were policies based on low quality and seriously biased evidence, but closer examination of the actual data demonstrates the opposite of what the government claimed.”

Citing Public Health's terminology, Bridle calls the current scenario "clearly an epidemic of the vaccinated, especially the boosted. In fact, he says, "when you plug in the correct parameters of the model, you end up with an output that says that the unvaccinated are the safest people to be around and are actually serving as a buffer for the vaccinated."

For anyone interested in who is behind the Bikers “Rolling Thunder” organization, here is a bit I snipped from an article which is linked below.

“Neil Sheard worked as a long-haul trucker and joined the Canadian Forces at age 38. He served two tours in Afghanistan, was injured and then was released.

When the pandemic began, he didn’t like the lockdowns and wearing a mask, Sheard said in a Live from the Shed interview. “I started doing a lot of research, looking at the World Economic Forum.”

Sheard said he started anti-mandate protests in Peterborough. He received tickets for violating pandemic regulations, but said he received help to fight them from Rebel News, the far-right media platform that promoted the “Freedom Convoy.”

The YouTube live coverage is called “Live from the Shed”.
I am enjoying watching the wonderful interviews and on the ground coverage of ordinary Canadians, who suited up, and showed up.
Man, there are some beautiful bikes, and people!

Rebel News reported that Byram Bridle and other researchers have written rebuttal of the new "study" purporting to show that the unvaccinated are dangerous to the vaccinated:

From the article:

Saw this also :

Translation :

The conclusions of this study (based on a simple mathematical model) are very surprising because they do not correspond with the real data collected.
I was therefore interested in the funding received by Professor Fisman from the University of Toronto and downloaded his declaration of interest form (link provided below).

His form mentions in section C that he receives honoraria from the vaccine branch of Pfizer and AstraZeneca. This is not illegal but I think it is a pity that our journalists do not even take the time to do this verification and to mention a possible conflict of interest.

If a study is trying to justify the implementation of public health measures such as vaccine passports and mandatory vaccinations, it would be better if it was conducted by someone who is not advising the companies that would directly benefit from this recommendation.

Link to Professor Fisman's declaration of interest form: https://lnkd.in/dQuesyz5

The article in the Canadian Medical Association Journal states, "A version of the model in Microsoft Excel is available at 10.6084/m9.figshare.15189576." I wanted to download the model and the dataset used but the reference provided by the article points to elements that have nothing to do with the study in question: dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.6025748 It is therefore difficult to get an idea of how the model was calibrated ...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

For anyone interested in who is behind the Bikers “Rolling Thunder” organization, here is a bit I snipped from an article which is linked below.

“Neil Sheard worked as a long-haul trucker and joined the Canadian Forces at age 38. He served two tours in Afghanistan, was injured and then was released.

When the pandemic began, he didn’t like the lockdowns and wearing a mask, Sheard said in a Live from the Shed interview. “I started doing a lot of research, looking at the World Economic Forum.”

Sheard said he started anti-mandate protests in Peterborough. He received tickets for violating pandemic regulations, but said he received help to fight them from Rebel News, the far-right media platform that promoted the “Freedom Convoy.”

The YouTube live coverage is called “Live from the Shed”.
I am enjoying watching the wonderful interviews and on the ground coverage of ordinary Canadians, who suited up, and showed up.
Man, there are some beautiful bikes, and people!
And again :

Today’s motorcycle ride past the cenotaph and veterans memorial was wonderful! The turnout was high, and the same theme and spirit, was Freedom for Canadians rights, choices and removal of all federal mandates, was first and foremost.

From an article I have linked below:
“Perhaps partly due to the pleasant weather, the Rolling Thunder biker convoy demonstration is seeing thousands more Canadian demonstrators than anticipated.”

26CCF056-18F8-4178-A76B-02040C668EAE.jpeg

RT:

New Freedom Convoy-style rally in Canada

The mayor said authorities want to avoid a repeat of the previous disturbances

Apr. 30, 2022

Canadian police said seven people were arrested and 24 vehicles were towed at a motorcycle rally in downtown Ottawa on Friday.

Bikers rolled into the country’s capital, while a group of anti-Covid mandate protesters on foot gathered outside the parliament building, some holding Canadian flags and playing loud music.

“There have been no reported injuries, and police remain in full control of city streets,” the Ottawa Police Service said, as vehicles were barred from entering certain areas around Parliament Hill.

The organizers were not clear about the goal of the Rolling Thunder rally, saying only that they wanted to “peacefully celebrate our freedom.”

Canadian media, however, reported that the event is linked to Freedom Fighters Canada (FFC), a group that opposes Covid-19 mandates and other so-called “tyrannical” legislation.

Neil Sheard, a key Rolling Thunder organizer, said on Monday that bikers were against blocking the streets, property damage, or “hate and vitriol directed to the residents of Ottawa.” He said the bikers will leave the city after the two-day event ends, according to the Ottawa Citizen daily.

Mayor Jim Watson said before the rally that the city wanted to avoid traffic disruptions that occurred during the Freedom Convoy protests earlier this year.

People rallying against the vaccine mandate rolled hundreds of trucks and other vehicles onto the streets in downtown Ottawa for weeks in January and February. To deal with the truckers, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act for the first time since it was adopted in 1988. Police dispersed the convoy, making multiple arrests.

“We have all hands on deck on this,” Watson said on Monday. “No one wants a repeat of what happened during the truckers’ convoy, and that’s why I believe that we are more proactive and better-prepared to deal with the issue.”

It says quite a bit that a rally meant to peacefully celebrate freedom is regarded with such hostile suspicion. Freedom is the new F word - it implicitly cuts against everything they stand for, and everyone knows it.

I didn't watch too many of the TV news reports yesterday but the times that I did, whenever they showed the gathering they would be constantly talking about the 'evils' of the previous convoy and how this was a 'test' for the authorities this time. They would also have video interviews with 'approved' people who would say people are allowed to protest but it has to be done 'the right way' otherwise you end up with the Freedom Convoy. And, in their view, that's the wrong way to protest.

Now, the mayor of Ottawa just can't see the point of Rolling Thunder, or a bigger picture in general:

"I can't for the life of me figure out what their cause is this time around. Most of the mandates for vaccinations are gone, yet they're still talking about freedom," Watson told CBC News Network.

Yeah. What are they? A bunch of ingrates or something? Well, unvaxxed still can't get on planes. We can start with that. But really, the list of violations is so long from just the past two years. Yes, I know I shouldn't be surprised, but his statement is still quite stunning to me. It's like he's saying it's a waste of time to talk about freedom.

This time around, it seems that the original 'point' of this group was to "honour veterans" and "bring back dignity" to the War Memorial, because it was fenced off at times during the Freedom Convoy. That being said, there were many other people there who attended for different reasons but all of them, as far as I could tell, were for freedom. There were counter-protests, of course.

From reading some reports, it seems to be more of a rally then a protest, but the news people are pushing only the 'protest' view and are directly tying it to the 'Freedom Convoy occupation'. The very large police presence was much more efficient this time, which gets a 'thumbs up' from 'residents'.

Here's a 5:29 video compilation with no commentary that has a few 'sparkly bits' that were not edited out:

Last edited:
I didn't watch too many of the TV news reports yesterday but the times that I did, whenever they showed the gathering they would be constantly talking about the 'evils' of the previous convoy and how this was a 'test' for the authorities this time. They would also have video interviews with 'approved' people who would say people are allowed to protest but it has to be done 'the right way' otherwise you end up with the Freedom Convoy. And, in their view, that's the wrong way to protest.

Now, the mayor of Ottawa just can't see the point of Rolling Thunder, or a bigger picture in general:

Yeah. What are they? A bunch of ingrates or something? Well, unvaxxed still can't get on planes. We can start with that. But really, the list of violations is so long from just the past two years. Yes, I know I shouldn't be surprised, but his statement is still quite stunning to me. It's like he's saying it's a waste of time to talk about freedom.

This time around, it seems that the original 'point' of this group was to "honour veterans" and "bring back dignity" to the War Memorial, because it was fenced off at times during the Freedom Convoy. That being said, there were many other people there who attended for different reasons but all of them, as far as I could tell, were for freedom. There were counter-protests, of course.

From reading some reports, it seems to be more of a rally then a protest, but the news people are pushing only the 'protest' view and are directly tying it to the 'Freedom Convoy occupation'. The very large police presence was much more efficient this time, which gets a 'thumbs up' from 'residents'.

Here's a 5:29 video compilation with no commentary that has a few 'sparkly bits' that were not edited out:

Imagine counter-protesting against freedom. Imagine what kind of person you'd have to be.

Oh. THAT kind of person.

At a strategic level, having rallies without a clearly defined purpose makes a kind of sense. The point is not to to complain about one specific issue - that presupposes that the regime is legitimate, is seen as legitimate, and is open to changing specific policies on the basis of popular discontent. It says 'we think you're all basically good guys, but you're misguided on this one particular thing and we're hoping we can change your mind.'

As we all know, that isn't the case. The regime is not legitimate, and it has precisely no intention of listening to the people on any matter. We can yell ourselves hoarse and they'll just wait until we go home and then continue doing what they were going to do regardless. Or maybe they'll send in the storm troopers to bust some heads.

On the other hand, a rally with no clear message sends the implicit message that, we don't think you're legitimate, and we're here to make sure you know that. This is deeply unsettling to the pathocrats. That's especially the case if the ralliers avoid giving any excuse for a police crackdown - it puts the psychopaths in an awkward position, where they really WANT to shut down the rally as its very existence is a threat, but if they do so they'll erode their legitimacy even further by attacking peaceful people who are just kind of there, smiling and having a good time.

This video just put out by IrnieRacing. It shows to me the influence that the climate of fear has on people, versus the apparent reality of crossing the border.

Canadian girl crosses border Feb.9, 22' - NO Vax , NO Test, NO App

This video just put out by IrnieRacing. It shows to me the influence that the climate of fear has on people, versus the apparent reality of crossing the border.

Canadian girl crosses border Feb.9, 22' - NO Vax , NO Test, NO App

It's not at all surprising that she can cross the land border with no issues. As she says at the beginning, she holds dual Canadian and American citizenship. Neither government can prevent her from crossing.

An unvaxxed Canadian crossing the border would equally have no trouble entering Canada, but it would be a one-way trip.

I rode with the Rolling Thunder bikers from Hornby (401 and Trafalgar Road, Milton) to Ottawa on my Kawasaki 900, leaving Hornby about 11:00am and arriving in Ottawa about 7:00pm. It was great to see so many bikers, about 200 on the Windsor-Ottawa leg, I don't know how many bikers were coming from the West, East, or North, as we never met up Friday,
There were trucks and cars honking in support, lots of Canadian flags, people on the overpasses(though not as many as during the Trucker Convoy), and people handing out free pizza, water, and ear plugs.
I met people who had been vaccine injured, and/or had family and friends who'd been vaccine injured and were angry and adamant that they'd never get jabbed again. To say they were mistrustful of the government and political parties would be an understatement. I suggested sott.net to them as an useful information source.
Riding in a group was much different than riding solo. I always had to pay close attention to the riders in front of and to the side of me as we were only separated by a few bike lengths, moving sometimes at 140 km/hour. The view topping a rise in the road and seeing hundreds of motorcycles in front of me was inspiring!
Arriving in Ottawa we tried a few times to ride past the War memorial, but were stymied at every turn by the police, and fire trucks. I saw evidence of the Ottawa police, the Ontario Provincial police and the RCMP.
I would have liked to visit family in Ottawa, and stayed overnight for the main event on Saturday, but I wanted to leave at 8:00pm to return home as I didn't want to miss the FOTCM meetup on Saturday, and with stops to warm up (-0 temperatures en route) it took 8 hours. Probably the most enjoyable 1,000 km ride I've done!

I rode with the Rolling Thunder bikers from Hornby (401 and Trafalgar Road, Milton) to Ottawa on my Kawasaki 900, leaving Hornby about 11:00am and arriving in Ottawa about 7:00pm. It was great to see so many bikers, about 200 on the Windsor-Ottawa leg, I don't know how many bikers were coming from the West, East, or North, as we never met up Friday,
There were trucks and cars honking in support, lots of Canadian flags, people on the overpasses(though not as many as during the Trucker Convoy), and people handing out free pizza, water, and ear plugs.
I met people who had been vaccine injured, and/or had family and friends who'd been vaccine injured and were angry and adamant that they'd never get jabbed again. To say they were mistrustful of the government and political parties would be an understatement. I suggested sott.net to them as an useful information source.
Riding in a group was much different than riding solo. I always had to pay close attention to the riders in front of and to the side of me as we were only separated by a few bike lengths, moving sometimes at 140 km/hour. The view topping a rise in the road and seeing hundreds of motorcycles in front of me was inspiring!
Arriving in Ottawa we tried a few times to ride past the War memorial, but were stymied at every turn by the police, and fire trucks. I saw evidence of the Ottawa police, the Ontario Provincial police and the RCMP.
I would have liked to visit family in Ottawa, and stayed overnight for the main event on Saturday, but I wanted to leave at 8:00pm to return home as I didn't want to miss the FOTCM meetup on Saturday, and with stops to warm up (-0 temperatures en route) it took 8 hours. Probably the most enjoyable 1,000 km ride I've done!
Hats off to you! Too bad you didn't have a big flag with "SOTT.NET - The World for People Who Think." printed on it.

Back
Top Bottom