Calico Cats and Orange Globes

G

I have had my fair share of strange occurrences in my life but since a couple of incidents have been on my mind lately I thought I would share them.

The first incident I'm going to share took place over twenty years ago.

My husband was at work and I was home by myself. It was about 10:00 or 11:00 at night. I was sitting in a chair in the living room reading a book. It was a beautiful summer night and I had all the windows open to let in the evening breeze.

Suddenly I had a very strong feeling of being watched and felt very afraid. My first thought was to close all the windows and curtains. I did this starting in the living room and working my way to the bedroom. When I got to the bedroom I paused in the doorway and hesitated because I had to cross the room in order to close the patio doors. I was truly terrified at the thought of doing this. The bedroom light was off and I debated weather it would be better to turn it on or leave it off. I decided that if the light was on whoever was out there would be able to see me more clearly so I left it off and hurried over to the patio doors.

Just as I was pulling the door shut I happened to look up in the sky and off in the distance I saw an orange globe about the size of an softball.. It was moving toward me and I stood and watched it as it came closer and increased to the size of a basketball and disappeared over the top of the house.

The strangest thing about all this was the degree of fear I was feeling. My husband got home soon after this occurrence and said he needed to run over to his brothers house for something. I was terrified at the thought of leaving the house but did not want to stay there by myself so I went with him. When I walked outside my fear increased to the point where I was actually shaking and my teeth started to chatter.

By the time we got back home from my brother-in-laws I had calmed down enough that I was able to go to bed.

This next incident occurred about five years ago.

One night about 11:00 pm my daughter picked me up from work. We were sharing a car at the time and she was tired as she had worked an earlier shift. We got on the highway and were about a fourth of the way home when she suddenly put her seat back,.laid down and closed her eyes. At almost the exact same moment that she did this I noticed a cat in the middle of the highway. It was a dark moonless night and I was almost on top of the cat before I was able to see it in my head lights.

It was an abnormally large calico cat, the size of a small dog and it was just sitting in the middle of the highway. I did not have time to swerve and hoped by some miracle the cat would get out of the way in time.

I did not feel a bump as I went over the cat and when I looked in my rear view mirror there was nothing in the road where the cat had been.

This all happened in the space of a few seconds and I looked over at my daughter and asked if she had seen it. She looked at me sleepily and asked me what I had been smoking. Funny girl.

First it did not make sense that a cat was just sitting there in the middle of the highway and I have never seen a cat that large. I had a Persian cat once that people mistook for a dog if it dashed past them. But this thing was even bigger. It also occurred to me that maybe it was a stuffed animal but it was so windy that night that it would have blown away.

Sue

Calico cats are considered very good luck. They have a connection to the underworld that most cats do not. They are not as a familiar like most cats, but they are more in tune with the Universe. It is a special bond and a link when you own a Calico cat.

lady dunsany said:
Calico cats are considered very good luck. They have a connection to the underworld that most cats do not. They are not as a familiar like most cats, but they are more in tune with the Universe. It is a special bond and a link when you own a Calico cat.
Hi lady dunsany, could you please provide some documentation for these statements you've made about calico cats? I'm not saying they are not true, since I have no data to justify such a statement one way or the other - it is just that providing data to back up such statements would be in keeping with the spirit of this forum.

I do not have any documented proof and why would I. I am of the Magical realm and can only go by what I was taught at my Mother's knee. I am a welsh Witch and we had Calico Cats our whole life. They have served me and my family well. There are all kinds of cats, but Calico Cats are the ones my family always tuned into to do our bidding. The only thing I can tell you, is get one of your own and look into their eyes. They will talk to you and help you in all your magickal workings. I wish I could tell you more, but it is a personal and family tradition. I guess you could believe it or not. It is entirely up to you. I am not into scientific explanations as a theosophist I believe that philosophy, religion and science and yes Magi ck all go together. This is just my personal experience and upbringing. This is what I know. Many blessings and nice to meet you.

Uhmm, yes. Did you, perchance, take the opportunity to read the forum rules to understand the purpose of this forum? From this post of yours, it seems you might not enjoy your stay here very much.

Well I guess I must leave. I was under the assumption that being a Theosophist and a fellow in the society I would be accepted. I guess I was wrong. I thank you for you courtesy and i guess you are right, this is not the forum for me. I did not realize the narrow minded egotistical and self doubting and judgemental people i would find here. Good luck and i am sorry i bothered you. Thank you for the warm and kind welcome. I hope I never have to go through this again.

lady dunsany said:
Well I guess I must leave. I was under the assumption that being a Theosophist and a fellow in the society I would be accepted. I guess I was wrong. I thank you for you courtesy and i guess you are right, this is not the forum for me. I did not realize the narrow minded egotistical and self doubting and judgemental people i would find here. Good luck and i am sorry i bothered you. Thank you for the warm and kind welcome. I hope I never have to go through this again.
Sarcasm and insults are an interesting reply to simply being presented with the truth of the situation. There are thousands of forums that welcome subjective discussions about magical realms and the 'black arts' - this is simply not one of them.

The offense taken and attempts at provoking pity speak to rather impressive self-importance and sacred cows - neither of which would make interacting on this forum very easy. It has nothing to do with not 'accepting you' - you are not what you write; there is a difference between the two and who you are is perfectly acceptable.

So, really, no need to be so melodramatically offended, you were simply presented with the truth of the matter and it is your choice to either abide by the forum rules and spirit or to leave - it really is as simple as that. I hope you find the forum you are looking for.

lady dunsany said:
Well I guess I must leave. I was under the assumption that being a Theosophist and a fellow in the society I would be accepted. I guess I was wrong. I thank you for you courtesy and i guess you are right, this is not the forum for me.
So, if you are able to acknowledge Anart's courtesy, why do you then come out with this:

I did not realize the narrow minded egotistical and self doubting and judgemental people i would find here. Good luck and i am sorry i bothered you. Thank you for the warm and kind welcome. I hope I never have to go through this again.
It seems to me that you pretend to be one kind of person (accepting and polite) but then contradict that image in the very next sentence (by being downright rude and narrow-minded). So if anyone is being judgmental, it's you I'm afraid, which also happens to make you a classic hypocrite.

If this is the kind of person the "black arts" and Theosophy turn you into - I don't want none of that!!!

Back
Top Bottom