Caesar Soup

I made it a while back. I used red onions so it turned out yellowish, so I wasn't sure how much saffron to add. I wasn't sure what "well cooked onions" are like, so I accidentally scorched the onions, which I think made the flavor worse. Everyone liked it though.

beetlemaniac said:
Made it some time ago, delicious! Added some mussels to the mix as well. Now I know what saffron actually tastes like. Craving some fatty soup right now actually... yum! Good idea Diplodocus, this coconut millk/butter base could be used for other meats and seafood as well, it's so quick and easy.

My husband is allergic to shellfish, so I'm going to try it with some wild salmon I have in my freezer. Will let everyone know how that turns out.

Didn't have any saffron or shrimps but I used scallops and it came out awesome. Easy, tasty, and filling. I only had a half-bowl or so.

Puck said:
Didn't have any saffron or shrimps but I used scallops and it came out awesome. Easy, tasty, and filling. I only had a half-bowl or so.
Yep -- I think it will be fine without saffron, it's actually quite a delicate and understated flavor that it provides, I wouldn't really miss it if I hadn't put it in.

That you for providing this wonderful recipe. I just made it today for my family and we all enjoyed it.

I've made this a few times now, simply scrumptious! Thanks so much for this recipe. I didn't have saffron, so I used turmeric instead which creates a lovely taste. Using fresh herbs (chives) always makes a difference too. Yum!

I've personally not made CS yet, however, my partner has made a number of big pots and we both agree it is simply amazing soup, a soup like no other! :cool2:

Thank you very much for this so tasty soup recip! We've made some on yesterday and it was just, sooo goood!

Ave Caesar Soup... ;)

Thank you for the recipe!

I tried it the other day, only I wasn't able to find scallops and saffron (I used turmeric instead), and it was heavenly.

The beast soup ever (unless we count bone broth ;))

Oh Yummy! This is the first time I've seen this recipe and it looks simply Scrumptious! :D

I'll give it a try very soon. I really like its made with coconut cream which I've never cooked with but have wanted to try.

mmm will cook it this weekend ... :) ... only that I am not sure if I could find coconut cream in our stores? I read about that it can work also with having coconut milk in the fridge to separate feat from water? Or do you maybe have some other suggestion for replacement, as I am not sure either if we have coconut milk.

thanks!

Thanks for sharing this recipe Alana, I just made it for the first time and it was great :). So filling.
I used fresh bears garlic from my garden as topping, pretty good.
It struck me when making it that the butter/coco cream/ onion can serve as a great base for alot of different soups, will definetively experiment.

I am very glad to hear that y'all are trying it out and liking it! :headbanger:

solarmind said:
mmm will cook it this weekend ... :) ... only that I am not sure if I could find coconut cream in our stores? I read about that it can work also with having coconut milk in the fridge to separate feat from water? Or do you maybe have some other suggestion for replacement, as I am not sure either if we have coconut milk.

Coconut milk will be ok, as long as it is not coconut water. That's a totally different thing. If your coconut milk is not creamy enough, add more butter. But I don't know how to replace coconut milk/cream though, if you can't find it. Maybe others will have suggestions.

Alana said:
Coconut milk will be ok, as long as it is not coconut water. That's a totally different thing. If your coconut milk is not creamy enough, add more butter. But I don't know how to replace coconut milk/cream though, if you can't find it. Maybe others will have suggestions.

thank you, yes I am not sure either for replacement, I was thinking, but than it will get different basic taste ... adding butter seams to be a good idea, if it is not creamy enough, will try it :)

Made the soup this past weekend with chunks of wild salmon. It was yummy….although the salmon chunks left some shreds in the creamy broth.

Back
Top Bottom