Caesar Soup

RflctnOfU

Jedi Council Member
Made this soup last night for a friend and myself. DIVINE!!! Though following the recipe as originally posted, I don't understand how this pot could be for just two people, two servings each. I was only able to finish about 2/3 the bowl I poured for myself. My friend finished hers, but there were at least 5-6 bowls left. At any rate thank you for posting this. Amazing!

Kris

NormaRegula

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
RflctnOfU said:
Made this soup last night for a friend and myself. DIVINE!!! Though following the recipe as originally posted, I don't understand how this pot could be for just two people, two servings each. I was only able to finish about 2/3 the bowl I poured for myself. My friend finished hers, but there were at least 5-6 bowls left. At any rate thank you for posting this. Amazing!

Kris

My husband and I could barely eat half the recipe because it was so rich. It heated up okay the following day, but it's best when eaten fresh. The broth is truly divine.

Alana

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
NormaRegula said:
RflctnOfU said:

Kris

My husband and I could barely eat half the recipe because it was so rich. It heated up okay the following day, but it's best when eaten fresh. The broth is truly divine.

As I wrote in the original post, me and my husband can be eating the soup for at least two days. Normally, it lasts us three. And we don't mind having it even the third day, we think that it tastes even better then when heated up, after all the ingredients had huddled for longer.

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Just bumping this up to say I make this fabulous soup often and made it again last night. If you've not tried it, you're missing out on a very simple to make, absolutely amazing soup!!

Thanks again, Alana. :hug2:

Ant22

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
1984 said:
Just bumping this up to say I make this fabulous soup often and made it again last night. If you've not tried it, you're missing out on a very simple to make, absolutely amazing soup!!

Thanks again, Alana. :hug2:

Just as I was trying to think of something "simple to make" yet "amazing" for dinner. You saved me from scrambled eggs tonight, thank you 1984 - and Alana! :thup:

monotonic

The Living Force
Here is an interesting bit of text about how to use saffron properly:

Mind you, you really don't need much of it in cooking: a classic saffron risotto for four, for instance, takes 10 or so strands, that's all. I just wish people would use it properly – even some top chefs don't seem to know what to do with it. I saw one on telly the other week who just put in a big handful of unprepared saffron at the end. That's madness – no one could afford to do that in real life, and you don't get any of that unique aroma and flavour, which is the whole point.

To get the best out of your saffron, you have to soak it for a few hours – preferably overnight – in a little warm water. And keep it out of the light: like all spices, saffron hates the sun. After infusing, the strands should be very pale and the colour should have leeched into the liquid. In other words, if you can see bright red saffron strands in a finished dish, you can tell it hasn't been prepared properly. You wouldn't believe the difference doing it properly can make.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/nov/16/meet-the-saffron-producer-uk

Top Bottom