Bush's poll numbers sink to martial law levels

Mr. Premise

The Living Force
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060228/pl_nm/bush_poll_dc

Bush job rating falls to all-time low: poll

Mon Feb 27, 11:52 PM ET

President George W. Bush's job rating has fallen to an all-time low of 34 percent, amid strong opposition to the Dubai Ports World deal and increasing pessimism over the war in Iraq, according to a CBS News poll released on Monday.

Bush's overall job approval fell eight points from 42 percent last month. Fifty-nine percent of respondents said they disapproved of Bush's performance on the job, the poll found.

Bush's previous low job approval rating of 35 percent came last October, a month after Hurricane Katrina laid waste to the Gulf Coast and shortly after the U.S. death toll in Iraq reached the 2,000 mark, CBS said.

Long among his strongest suits, ratings for Bush's handling of Iraq fell to a new low of 30 percent, down from 37 percent in January, the poll found.

In addition, 62 percent of Americans said they think U.S. efforts to bring stability and order to Iraq were going badly compared with 36 percent who said things were going well.

In recent days, the Bush administration has faced increasing sectarian violence and fears of civil war in Iraq as well as strong bipartisan congressional opposition to a deal allowing an Arab state-owned company to operate six key U.S. ports.

According to the poll, 70 percent believe the Dubai Ports World transaction should not be allowed to go through while only 21 percent did not see the ports deal as a problem.

One surprising bright spot for the administration in the polls was that Americans appeared ready to move on after Vice President Dick Cheney's hunting accident. Seventy-six percent said it was understandable that the accident could happen.

However media coverage of the accident may have made the public's generally negative view of Cheney a bit more so, CBS said. The poll found that 46 percent hold a negative view of Cheney and 18 percent hold a favorable view, down from a 23 percent favorable rating in January.

The telephone poll of 1,018 adults was conducted February 22-26 and had a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.

Dancing the Bush Lambada: how low can you go?

Out of the 34% that approve 30% will stick to their guns even if Bush comes at them with a forked toungue and a pitchfork. They probably all have nano-implants in their heads with tiny US flags printed on them. The rest (4%) are just that way to spite their friends.

I guess we can at least expect another Bin Laden "tape" to surface out of the woodwork right about now...

Polls mean little, those with eyes to see will see, those with ears to listen will hear, and everyone else will sway with the proverbial wind.

What i find disturbing is his new trend in speaking the truth. The other day i saw on the daily show him discussing our need to get off of oil, calling it a national security issue, and he rattles off a list of alternative energy sources... creepy. Next thing ya know he'll be championing the environment... or becoming prochoice...

Cyre2067 said:
What i find disturbing is his new trend in speaking the truth. The other day i saw on the daily show him discussing our need to get off of oil, calling it a national security issue, and he rattles off a list of alternative energy sources... creepy. Next thing ya know he'll be championing the environment... or becoming prochoice...
Maybe his handlers are encouraging him to memorize his responses more thoroughly. I'm sure they all cringe when he has to speak extemporaneously on any topic. :)

I don't think his handlers are worried in the slightest.
I mean, does his words mean anything? Not only could he just be plain lying about his intentions, but what I'd watch out for is what he will promote as a "solution", maybe he will suggest using humans as batteries or something... Wait a minute! don't they... :p

I think polls are meaningless as they are obtained by asking the wrong question (most off the time). I could perfectly imagine polls asking questions like:

Should Vice President Cheney be indicted for attempted murder yes/no/don't care
or: Should he be indicted for attempted man's slaughter yes/no/don't care

In order to find out the truth about 911 do you think it would
be justifiable to torture member of the Bush Administration yes/no/don't care

In order to find out the true reasons for starting the Iraq war do you think
it would be justifiable to torture member of the Bush Administration yes/no/don't care

For members of the Bush Administration that will be convicted of
High Treason in the very near future, should the punishment be:

a. execution
b. imprisonment for life
c. torture
b. imprisonment at Guantanamo Bay
d. all of the above

Back
Top Bottom