Bush: U.S. Must Get Free of Mideast Oil

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Was it just me, or did GW not really look like the GW that usually delivers his speeches? He rarely made a mistake, hardly looked at the teleprompters, didn't talk in half-sentences, didn't have his usual sneer....maybe they've leveled off his doses....

I lack the capacity to watch or listen to his highness - I get headaches and nausea almost instantly - so, I did not witness the performance. However, since he was totally in his element, being the center of attention and being the recipient of many an insincere standing ovation (as is part of the theatre of the thing) - he had absolutely nothing to be nervous about. He knew there would be no protesters and that the State of the Union Speech is basically a soliloquy; part of the theatre for the unwashed masses to watch in awe. Also, it's very possible that with the neocons upcoming plans firmly in place (of a nuclear strike in the usa to produce a national emergency and kick off another war in the middle east), he feels very safe in his position, believing that he will never lose that office. Face it, he ain't a sane fellow - so god only knows why he seemed so calm cool and comfy last night - it does produce a feeling of foreboding, though, to know he came off as being so polished. ruh roh.

Back
Top Bottom