Burnout from too much pathocracy interface lately

PopHistorian

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm just ranting today from psycho burnout. I turned on CNN and saw police with guns marching students one by out of a high school somewhere, hands over their heads like they were criminals under arrest -- all in response to a report of someone on campus with a gun. No proof, no shots fired, just some report. How does this affect the kids? Being marched outside with hands on top of head. This really affected me.

Then I heard on the radio about the first school system in my state to have school cameras piped directly to the police station. The ClearChannel station immediately lauded it as a success because as soon as the system was turned on they saw someone crossing the school lawn with a toner cartridge or something under his coat, thus causing police to be dispatched to the scene to catch the petty thief.

Then the same radio station conducted a poll on the street, "How would like to have one card that you could use to pay for tolls, the subway, car parks, all your transportation needs?" Of course, the response given from the citizenry was overwhelmingly positive.

Then I suffered a four-day internet outage, two days longer that the general outage that my provider said affected my area. After being cut off during a phone session with one technician, I finally got a house call. They ended up replacing my modem with one of theirs, so they can charge me another $50/year. And the technician made off with the power adapter for my old modem. I had just signed up for a bundling deal at a special price and they overcharged me $100 on my bill, and another $40 the next month. Still unresolved.

Then I took my wife to the cell phone store to extend her pre-paid plan by a year. The store didn't have any $100 cards and the clerk said call this number to use their automated system and pay with a credit card. Nearing the end of the transaction, they said, "to expedite this transaction, please enter the last four digits of your social security number," which they should not have, though the credit card company probably does. We declined, then the system refused to take no for an answer. So we entered it. Apparently, this "thinking twice" caused us to be bumped out of the system to some third-party security center who halted the transaction and proceeded with, literally, a cross-examination. "I will ask you a series of multiple-choice questions, and your answers are time-sensitive, so answer immediately. In which of the following counties have you ever owned property: Benton, Arkansas -- Garfield, Colorado," etc. They wanted prior addresses and all kinds of intrusive stuff or we wouldn't be allowed to buy phone minutes. When I asked what prompted us to be bumped out of the phone company's system to this mysterious "security center," I got no straight answer. Just because we didn't need to "expedite the transaction?" Come on. How long does a credit-card transaction normally take, anyway? About 10 seconds? Sick.

Yuck, headache. And all this is just nothing, nothing at all, compared to what seems to be brewing.

A vent is always a bit of relief from time to time.......I feel for ya Ad.

Myself, I just spent 30 mins trying to get my new printer cartridge to work :(

AdPop, when I read your message I felt inclined to vent the same. However, I vent all the time and I am trying to watch this presently. There does seem to be something going on with all things tech lately. In short, I am a software architect and my machine died last Thursday. Due to bureaucracy and the economy, it will be weeks before I get anything decent to work with. It's demotivating.

Yeah I'm having loads of fun listening to Zio-apoligists on newsvine call me an antisemitic on a daily basis. Its fun half the time, exhausting the other.

Had a great example where a deviant totally accused someone else in the thread of doing what he was doing. Felt good to point that out and then quote some Lobazewski at him.

It is nice to see the community attempt to counter the deviant logic found there. They mostly resort to name calling, which does make it easier. I do pity few of the viners who don't seem to get that deviants get off on arousing your negative emotions. They argue for the sake of eliciting an emotional response, and then like to act all cool about it, as if they're above it or aloof to what they were doing.

Twas a nasty spat of nonsense ya had to deal with there Ad, props and my intangible support from across the 'net. And you're right, it is nothing compared to what lies in store.

AdPop said:
And all this is just nothing, nothing at all, compared to what seems to be brewing.
Cyre2067 said:
And you're right, it is nothing compared to what lies in store.
What's in store/brewing is nothing other than the "ultimate" learning experience. Reminds me of this:
don Juan said:
By understanding the nature of man, [the seers] were able to reach the incontestable conclusion that if seers can hold their own in facing petty tyrants, they can certainly face the unknown with impunity, and then they can even stand the presence of the unknowable.
. . . nothing can temper the spirit of a warrior as much as the challenge of dealing with impossible people in positions of power.
I just hope I'm 'ready'...

AdPop said:
I'm just ranting today from psycho burnout....
sHiZo963 said:
What's in store/brewing is nothing other than the "ultimate" learning experience. Reminds me of this:
don Juan said:
By understanding the nature of man, [the seers] were able to reach the incontestable conclusion that if seers can hold their own in facing petty tyrants, they can certainly face the unknown with impunity, and then they can even stand the presence of the unknowable.
. . . nothing can temper the spirit of a warrior as much as the challenge of dealing with impossible people in positions of power.
AdPop: I feel ya. This past week I've dealt with so many psychos, my head is spinning.

sHIZo963: Thank you for reminding me that I am in the midst of a spirit-tempering learning experience -- rather than just being pecked to death by mad ducks.... :shock:

A good friend of mine is an assistant manager at a large apartment
complex. a couple of weeks ago she got an award for her ability
too rent ( close the deal) on apartments. They raised the rent 100$
and now say she *ucks at her ability to sell and must go to "how to sell"
classes..

AdPop I feel it too ...

AdPop, buy some good chocolate, red-wine and a really good cigar. That might be an effective antidote.

At my office, this entire thing goes to different level. My company started constructing 4 yrs back, new buildings for our office ultra modern, huge , high ceiling, wonderful wood , modern design chairs the only exception is no separations what so ever. The entire thing is so ridiculous that no separation in this 60ft into 40ft room which houses 30 to 40 people or so who mostly do tele conferencing to do their work. Most of the seats are adjacent to each other. We were asked how the new building is like , which we disliked for lack of basic privacy and lack of space , then said you hae no choice. and they designed this builiding 4 years back. So the only conclusion, I can derive is they are not happy with all the wire tapping , internet traffic proifling which is easily available to each manager, radio frequency zamming and even they want to watch us while working to hook us.

AdPop, i'm also burnt out, and for a similar reason with cc. Can someone from admins/mods hook me with qfgpublishing guys - there is no e-mail form on qfgpublshing site.

At work I got denied a transfer to a closer location because of some technicalities. I am supposed to get my commercial drivers license within 6 months according to the facility, but HR had me sign a paper that said 3 months when I was hired. So, basically they are denying me this transfer because of that. Never mind, that the person who does the training for the license was MIA for the last month and a half. I'm annoyed that they are blaming me for something that they can't even get straight. I know its nothing like your situation Ad... but yeah, the pathocracy is kicking into high gear it seems!

Talk about the pathocracy kicking it into high gear. I've been having trouble obtaining my British Visa. I have been directly denied after applying for my IGS (international graduate scheme) visa @ the british embassy in barbados. It was due to a technicality. I had all the supporting documents, but they denied me on the detail, (or lack thereof) of my letter (university ) stating that I have successfully completed my university studies and have obtained an award.

The weird thing is that the website clearly states that an application can be made for that visa while awaiting examination results.

So, I finally obtained my results, I passed all my subjects, obtained my award, and I do have the letter stating that I have successfully completed my studies, and obtained a degree.
But, guess what, the British embassy in Barbados closed to the other OECS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OECS ) Caribbean countries at the end of (31st) January 2008, and I was left with the option of applying via the embassy in my home country of St. Lucia. What was a source of frustration was not being able to apply for the IGS visa, (for which i obtained all my supporting documents) because the website wouldn't allow it.

I tried calling the embassy in st. lucia, and I was told that i needed to email the website. (let's say i'm a bit skeptical about emailing the administration of large organizations).

So, I decided upon an alternative uk visa plan, had the appointment in my country, but, guess what, another setback. I was told that I needed a police record check / (CRB for the UK). I was told by a lady in charge that that bit of information with regards to the criminal check, was on the website (which in fact, it isn't). So, basically, i need to obtain the police record check by tomorrow and submit it to the embassy before 10 am, or else my application doesn't go through.

Its quite interesting that this will be my 3rd time applying for my uk visa, and for the previous applications, there was never any mention of a Police record check. Not even for my US visa, which i renewed last year.

(By the way, with the embassy in Barbados being closed to the majority of other caribbean islands, the visa application is being sent to New York, and instead of 5- 10 days maximum through Barbados, the waiting period is now 15 to 20 working days. Talk about systematic frustration via organizational/ institutional policies.).

Can anyone provide me with the link with regards to gordon brown and the new policies that will be implemented to curb down on the immigration of ethnic minorities? I wanted to present a web link, but i can't seem to find the article.

IMHO, the pathocracy is trying to limit the immigration of people from 3rd world countries. It's not being done overtly, but covertly. I think the goal is to frustrate applicants like myself by tedious and lengthy administrative and bureaucratic processes, especially with regards to visa applications by foreign nationals, with the exemption of eastern European immigrants.

Has anyone else had any recent interactions with British Immigration Services or even an overseas British embassy? It is almost unbelievable the technicalities which could be the basis for denial of a visa for entry to the UK.

wiley, there's loads of news bits for years now that have indicated a clamping down on travel for everyone (naturally that includes immigration, as you point out). For example, to get a visa that I used to get through the mail soon became possible to get through an agent only, and now I have to make a personal appearance in a consulate 200 miles away to get it, and of course the consulate is now so swamped that you may not be able to get it in a single day's attempts -- this situation itself discourages people from trying for visas. This evolution of strictures occurred in only six years, maybe less.

Heard on the radio the other day a prediction that soon there'll be only a handful of US domestic airlines and that a coast-to-coast ticket will rise in price, for a variety of factors, from $400 to $4000. Whether or not that's true, things seem to be heading in that general direction.

wilecoyote wrote: IMHO, the pathocracy is trying to limit the immigration of people from 3rd world countries. It's not being done overtly, but covertly.
You can say that again. Romania has supposedly entered the EU, but Romanians can not get legal residence in Italy without first having 5,000.00 in the bank. Consequently, they pay the commercial rate for electricity, which is 2 or 3 times what residents pay.

Back
Top Bottom