Buckwheat & Brown Rice Oh My Chocolate Goodness Muffins

JonnyRadar

The Living Force
Made these last night and they turned out really good. The only sugar is whatever's in the dark chocolate bar. For this I got 88%, so it's relatively low. If you're going 100% no sugar at all, you could make your own chocolate pieces with raw cocoa powder, ghee and coconut milk, and then use those.

Dry Ingredients:

1 & 1/2 cup Buckwheat Flour
1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Xanthan Gum
2 tsp. Carob Powder
1 tbsp. Raw Cocoa Powder
1 & 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 Chopped Bar Organic Dark Chocolate (88%)
1/4 cup Chopped Whole Raw Almonds

Wet Ingredients:

1 cup Pure Olive Oil
1 cup Rice Milk (or substitute)
2 Eggs (Remove Yolks: Optional)
1 tsp. Raw Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Agave Nectar

Mix wet and dry ingredients (except chopped dark chocolate chunks) in separate bowls, then combine and mix well, slowly adding dark chocolate chunks until everything is combined.

Pour into muffin pan, preferably with paper muffin cups, bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, let cool for 10 minutes, and enjoy!

Batch makes 12 muffins. They're really good with whole peanut butter on top (make sure it's only peanuts).

2502818409_90746f6731.jpg

EDIT: Ryan alerted me on Facebook to some issues with agave Nectar, which I didn't know. Here's the link to the Mercola article: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/07/02/Agave-A-Triumph-of-Marketing-over-Truth.aspx

So you could substitute the Agave with Xylitol or Stevia. Xylitol makes me gassy, so I'll probably try the next batch with Stevia. I'll report back how they come out.

Update: made an impromptu recipe for Chocolate Frosting this evening. It's pretty simple and turned out really good. These measurements are approximate, I didn't measure anything out precisely.

2 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Rice Milk (or substitute)
1/2 tsp. Raw Vanilla Extract
Between 2/3 and 1 tsp. Stevia
Small pinch Xanthan gum (maybe an 8th or 16th tsp.)

Mix in a bowl and then add raw cocoa powder while stirring until it turns into a paste. Voila, frosting!

JonnyRadar said:
Update: made an impromptu recipe for Chocolate Frosting this evening.

Another method is to put xylitol in a coffee grinder to turn it into fine powder, then mix that with some butter -- if you can eat those two things.

Looks really tasty. I have yet to make my first bread or cookie, never gotten around to it. This might be a good start though :) Thank you for the receipt!

Back
Top Bottom