Buckweat Pasta with Zucchinni

Z...

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Chop one middle size onion, few cloves of garlic and throw it in the sauce pan where you already warmed some olive oil.

When onions and garlic start turning yellow add one dollop of pesto genovese, mix everything and add some water. You have to be careful because garlic tends to burn very quickly.

After you added some water let it simmer for few minutes until the onions become glassy and then add zucchini which you sliced in dices or round thin slices.
Now you have to add some fresh pepper and spices to your taste and one cup of dry white wine.
Let it all simmer on very low fire for 10 minutes.
In thew meantime boil some water and start cooking pasta. Buckwheat pasta takes longer time to cook then regular pasta.

After zucchini are nice and soft add some Gorgonzola chunks and as soon as they melt some fresh cream. Mix thoroughly and remove from the fire, Your delicious pasta sauce with zucchini chunks is ready.

The whole dish doesn't take longer then 15 minutes to prepare and it is finger licking.

Bon apetitovic

OMG! :cry:

Ok CM, as an Italian I cannot be objective here, as pesto genovese it's a very elaborate sauce and should stand of its own! Arrrrgh!!

Then make sure you're free of candida. Gorgonzola and white wine (could be way more toxic than red wine and full of bisulphites!) are a big no no for a healthy diet.

...If I had that I would consume no less than a pack of cigarettes to metabolize :lol:

Yep, that recipe is definitely not detox or maintenance diet friendly - gorgonzola is a 'no-no', even if cream can be tolerated by some, and the white wine, well, I think Gio covered that. It sounds finger licking, but the kind of finger licking the body really pays for. How does the buckwheat pasta taste on its own? Does it contain wheat or is is pure buckwheat?

anart said:
How does the buckwheat pasta taste on its own? Does it contain wheat or is is pure buckwheat?
#

It is actually surprisingly ok, or maybe I was too hungry.
It should be gluten free if I am not mistaken, as I don't have the package anymore.

In fact this recipe with many other good ones was given to me by an Italian student who was a chef when I use to teach English couple of years ago. Could be that pesto is my addition as I tend to be very adventurous when cooking and I do use pesto to enhance flavors.

Well this forum is about completely healthy food, so that disqualifies my delicious quick dish :(

I tried buckwheat pasta yesterday (made by OrGran) and thought it was actually nicer than wheat pasta. It also takes less time to cook, definitely going to be a staple part of my diet now. Also will recommend it to my mother who is a coeliac.

Back
Top Bottom