Bookmarks function

T.C.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Is there anyway to make the bookmarks function applicable to pages in threads, or even a single post?

Say I'm on page 7 of a thread and up to reply 91. If I hit the bookmark function, could it save where I'm up to?

Hi T.C.

It may depend on the browser you're using, but generally speaking each and every post on this forum as well as every page of it in any topic can be saved as a bookmark. I'm doing this myself on a regular basis.

To do so, just right-click on the title of the post (the part to the right) or of the page where you are at and then choose in the drop-down menu Make bookmark for this location coupling or similar words to that effect. Because I'm Dutch and my browser uses Dutch also, I'm back translating a Dutch phrase into English without knowing the standard phrase in English but I'm sure you'll find the right one.

Then save the bookmark into a suitable folder, like Ongoing or Urgent of whatever. And Bingo ! Now you can restart where you left off at any time you want.

You'd better practice a few times to make sure you get it right when it really matters.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

An alternative could be when you multiple tabs: Click on the title of the post (i.e. #91) and the page will reload and stops exactly at the post since it has a unique htlm address. I.e.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=39218.0;last_msg=593657

And when you restart your browser and when you have the option active restore last session the topic will open at the place. Or another way you click on the title of the post as described and save it as a bookmark in a folder or wherever you want in your browser.

I hope this helps a bit.

Added:

Its the same process as written by Palinurus :D.

I think T.C. refers to the built-in bookmark feature of the forum. I tried it and it doesn't seem to handle page numbers. But as Gawan and Palinurus said, you always can use your browser's bookmark feature.

Data said:
I think T.C. refers to the built-in bookmark feature of the forum.

Yes, that's right. As has been suggested, I can use the bookmarks option in my browser. Just wondered if the forum one could do it too.

Back
Top Bottom