Bill O'Reilly vs Cronkite

joeshmoe

The Force is Strong With This One
I wasn't sure what topic to put this under. I've been a reader of mapinc.org for years, and its one of the best services out there. If you read the article: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v06/n267/a01.html?397
you will see the following towards the end:

A year earlier, in a bizarre segment with Drug Policy Alliance executive director Ethan Nadelmann, following the drug czar's cue, O'Reilly tried to paint marijuana and ecstasy users as supporting terrorism. When Nadelmann explained that neither drug had much to do with Afghanistan or Al Qaida, and that ecstasy was being manufactured in Holland, O'Reilly objected.

"No, but it's not run by the Dutch, it's run by Middle Eastern guys," O'Reilly exclaimed, and challenged Nadelmann to a $100 bet. The next night, he gloated he had won the bet. "OK, here's what the Office of the National Drug Control Policy says, and we quote, 'Drug Enforcement Agency reporting demonstrates the involvement of Israeli criminal organizations in ecstasy smuggling. Some of these individuals are of Russian and Georgian descent and have Middle Eastern ties.'"

So, the presence of Israeli mobsters in the ecstasy trade constitutes "Middle Eastern ties" that link ravers to Al Qaida. Only in Bill O'Reilly's world. You know, the one where respected American newsmen and left-wing billionaires team up to wage "crazy" wars on the drug war, and undoubtedly, on Christmas, as well.
I know that even a broken clock is correct twice a day, but wow, did he really mean to say that? Oh, that's right,
people like him cant keep track of there own lies.

P.S. As I implied earlier, I've been following the drugwar in all its perversion for years. Is there a better forum to put news about this topic under?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom