Being reunited with fluffy loved ones who have passed on

Wisteria

Jedi
For many years I shared my life with five beautiful felines that I couldn't have loved more even if I had given birth to them myself. Five years ago, my first born, Kismet passed on. (I am not going to go into details of their deaths, as to this day it is still extremely painful to think about). Six months after, his half brother Thorfinn joined him, another six months and Freya followed, again similar time frame and Twist leaves, then finally, around seven months later, my youngest Sokat was taken from me.

With each death a part of me also died alongside them. I won't go into this aspect any further because even though a couple of years have passed since I've been on my own, their absence still devastates me more than I can express.

About a year and a half ago I had two friends contact me with cats that needed homes. I was still very much in mourning and did not feel ready. It felt wrong somehow...... yet on occasion since then I have wondered whether that was a mistake, and that maybe the universe was perhaps reuniting me with one of them?

I was basically wondering if anyone out there has experienced their fluffy beloveds returning to them in this life? And how you knew it was them? Did they find you, you them, or was it a "coincidence"?

I very rarely feel their presence these days, but they still visit me in my dreams. 💔

I am sorry for your loss, Wisteria. I know the feeling very well. However, it's not really healthy for you to be in mourning for so long. At least, not if you are still suffering with it. I still mourn each and every 4-footed family member I've ever had. But not to the point of being continually saddened. I think of the good memories I had with them and am grateful for the time I shared with them. I hope that is all you are going through, too.

As for getting another furry friend, I think that it would be a great tribute and honoring of your past friends to have more furry friends because you would be giving them a wonderful home with lots of love. Something they might not have if given to the wrong people or left on their own. I think your passed furry friends would be most happy to see you share your love with more furry friends so that they may experience the love you have to offer, too.

fwiw

James Herriot, vet and author, wrote about his experiences in Yorkshire, UK, during the 30s, 40s, maybe 50s. He mainly treated farm animals, but also pets. His books were very famous, and a series
was also produced, called All Creatures Great and Small. I highly recommend the books! I think any animal lover would profit from reading his memoirs
and warning: Do not read in public because you will laugh out loud!

He wrote that whenever a dog had passed, leaving
behind a grieving, absolutely heart-broken owner, although it may seem disloyal, the best thing the owner could do would be to get another dog as
soon as possible.

I agree with Nienna! There are so many fur-balls out
there who need a good home and they would probably enrich your life in return. Win-win!

Désolée d'apprendre la perte de vos petits amours... J'en ai perdu moi aussi beaucoup, chiens Yorks et chats, mais j'en ai repris d'autres le trimestre suivant leur départ, il y a tellement de petits malheureux qui n'attendent seulement qu'on leurs ouvre les bras...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your little loves... I too have lost many of them, Yorks and cats, but I took others back the trimester after they left, there are so many unfortunate little ones just waiting for someone to open their arms...

James Herriot, vet and author, wrote about his experiences in Yorkshire, UK, during the 30s, 40s, maybe 50s. He mainly treated farm animals, but also pets. His books were very famous, and a series
was also produced, called All Creatures Great and Small. I highly recommend the books! I think any animal lover would profit from reading his memoirs

You just made me laugh out loud cassandra. I have lovely memories of watching that series on t.v. Never read the book though the series was wonderfully funny and so down to earth. Those vets, in the wild countryside, out in all weathers. The Yorkshire Dales were beautifully captured in all their splendor hail rain or snow. Thanks for a blast from the past.

Hello Wisteria, I understand your loss, three of my five dogs passed away within less than 3 years, last one being my furry soulmate, miniature pinscher Amy and it broke my heart completely. She was always by my side, even when I showered she would waited for me in front of the tub, if I tried to close the bathroom door with her outside she would cry out loud in the most pathetic lil voice ever! :lol:

It also all happened during the very traumatic period of my life so it was particularly hard for me to deal with. I thought the pain will never go away. Even now while writting this tears appear in my eyes, I can't help it... But I never expect of her to come back to me. Even if she does, I would prefer not to know just so that I can get to love her all new. I wish even more for her to graduate further, beyond animal existence, cause she seemed ready for it, she was the most loyal, brave, patient and nurturing animal I ever knew. So much heart in such a petite body. 🥰

I wholeheartedly support other's suggestion to adopt another pet. It's not about replacing the old ones, it's about giving more love, more care to those who need it. My remaning dogs and cats gave me tremendous comforth in my darkest moments. You can do it to honor the ones that are gone, keeping their memory alive through positive action. Think about it, it may help your own healing. Take care ❤

Thank you everyone for your lovely responses.

I remember watching that series many many years ago, but I was not aware of the books. I shall definitely have to have a read. Thank you for the recommendation. :-)

Hello Wisteria, I understand your loss, three of my five dogs passed away within less than 3 years, last one being my furry soulmate, miniature pinscher Amy and it broke my heart completely. She was always by my side, even when I showered she would waited for me in front of the tub, if I tried to close the bathroom door with her outside she would cry out loud in the most pathetic lil voice ever! :lol:

It also all happened during the very traumatic period of my life so it was particularly hard for me to deal with. I thought the pain will never go away. Even now while writting this tears appear in my eyes, I can't help it...

I am so sorry for your loss Color. It seems that we had quite similar experiences.

And I also had one of my boys who got quite upset whenever I had a shower or bath. I was always frightened that he would slip into the water with me since he so loved to precariously pace up and down along the side of the bath....

Instant spa bath with added claw action! :lol:

But I never expect of her to come back to me. Even if she does, I would prefer not to know just so that I can get to love her all new. I wish even more for her to graduate further, beyond animal existence, cause she seemed ready for it, she was the most loyal, brave, patient and nurturing animal I ever knew. So much heart in such a petite body. 🥰

I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding graduation. The last thing I have ever (and would ever) want to do is to stop their development. After each one passed I would speak to them and tell them that they had to move on and continue on their personal learning path.

I have never expected them to return to me, I just thought that it may be a possibility is all, and was wondering if anyone had experienced it.

But thank you all again for your responses. Much appreciated.

For those of you who haven't read James Herriot's series of books starting with All Creatures Great and Small, you really should. They are so much better than the TV series. (I saw the series, too, and thought they were excellent). And, yes, you will laugh out loud at times, as well as shed a few tears. They are wonderful books!

For those of you who haven't read James Herriot's series of books starting with All Creatures Great and Small, you really should. They are so much better than the TV series. (I saw the series, too, and thought they were excellent). And, yes, you will laugh out loud at times, as well as shed a few tears. They are wonderful books!

My copy just arrived! 😸

Back
Top Bottom