Avocado pasta recipe

foofighter

Jedi Council Member
Inspired by the salsa, here's my favourite recipe: avocado pasta!

For two people:
2 avocados
3dl sour cream/creme fraiche
1 piece of garlic (or more)
150g of bacon

Mix the avocados into the sour cream along with the garlic, and use a blender on it.
Cut the bacon using a scissor into a pan, fry it up, and add to the sour cream.
Serve with some kind of pasta. Shell pasta works very well.
Done!

Simple and tasty :-) In fact, I'm gonna have me some right now...

That sounds DEEEE LICIOUS. Since I can't eat wheat, I'm going to try it on spaghetti squash or maybe on steak or chicken. Heck, it sounds like it would be good on salad.

Laura said:
That sounds DEEEE LICIOUS. Since I can't eat wheat, I'm going to try it on spaghetti squash or maybe on steak or chicken. Heck, it sounds like it would be good on salad.
Chicken does sound like a very good alternative, yeah! And yes, it IS delicious. And yet no sugar, just goodies!

foofighter said:
Inspired by the salsa, here's my favourite recipe: avocado pasta!

For two people:
2 avocados
3dl sour cream/creme fraiche
1 piece of garlic (or more)
150g of bacon

Mix the avocados into the sour cream along with the garlic, and use a blender on it.
Cut the bacon using a scissor into a pan, fry it up, and add to the sour cream.
Serve with some kind of pasta. Shell pasta works very well.
Done!

Simple and tasty :-) In fact, I'm gonna have me some right now...
I tried this tonight and it's good! also very rich. I subsituted with turkey bacon. I used sour cream so it was a little thick. I want to try it again with creme fraiche if I can find it here. Small town USA. (south)
Thanks

Creme fraiche IS sour cream. That's just what they call it in Europe.

Laura said:
You are right that it is a (lightly) sour cream, but "sour cream" differs from creme fraiche in the fat content, acidity and texture.

Are you sure? There are different types of creme fraiche here, like "light" and regular. The regular is exactly like sour cream in the U.S. And the light is exactly like "light" sour cream in the U.S. also. I can tell no difference.

Laura wrote:

Are you sure?

It was my first reaction based on where I grew up (think Eddy Merckx), and after having done some reading*, I did remember well.

* (http://www.dekooktips.com/warenkennis/z … m.htm#zuur ; http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creme_fraiche
http://www.cniel.com/prodlait/CREME/Creme3.html

Laura wrote:

There are different types of creme fraiche here, like "light" and regular. The regular is exactly like sour cream in the U.S. And the light is exactly like "light" sour cream in the U.S. also. I can tell no difference.

Having made the geographically opposite move as yourself it is quite interesting to buy in US stores. Sour cream sold here bares no resemblance (to me atleast) to creme freche in many European countries. I think it is the way they regulate it here vs the EU (this offers a clue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_(food)).

Those French and Belgians are particular about their food, that is for sure. I can remember farmers breeding the "right" potato with all the attributes to make best possible 'frites'.

Got to stop now, this is making me hungry...

domivr said:
Those French and Belgians are particular about their food, that is for sure. I can remember farmers breeding the "right" potato with all the attributes to make best possible 'frites'.

Got to stop now, this is making me hungry...
talking about creme fraiche and french fries, I remember back in London, I saw English pple having creme fraiche with their fries, it was quite common there. Weird, I thought. Not in France where people prefer to have mayonnaise with fries.
NB: for lactose intolerant pple creme fraiche is said to be the most poisonous of all the dairy products, along with butter. (according to my book "Take your health in hands").

Laura said:
It does sound nice. Can't you get pasta made out of rice in France?

Laura said:
Oh!
I guess I could make it a bit thinner by adding some cream. I thought it was a little different from sour cream because I did a search and it described it as a smooth heavy cream so I thought it may not be as thick as sour cream. I didn't know it was the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom