AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

I've been doing AHT more or less consistently for over a year months now (the largest gap was probably 2 weeks), and I think for that year I've experienced the least amount of sickness, or if I do it just feels like I underslept instead of feeling knocked out and unable to function. In terms of... iduno, "personality" or other changes it's hard to untangle from all the Neuroptimal, trauma release, meditation, etc effects, but there's been improvements there also, and at least it helps to rule out cryptic infections for certain issues (or at least subdue them to an extent).

I've had some issues with rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis that cleared up initially with iodine, but which then relapsed after reducing its use. This to me seems more like an immune system malfunction than something acutely wrong with the skin microbiome. I've checked out Elliot Overton's videos about vitamin deficiencies associated with suborrheic dermatitis so eating more organic liver and riboflavin/biotin supplements is next on my agenda. Just because the superficially responded with an antibiotic doesn't necessarily mean that it's the root cause, and settling on constant "maintenance" of chronic symptoms is for suckers.

Last edited:
I have been suffering from ankylosing arthritis for many years. In the past 5 years, a severe form of atopic dermatitis has been added to it (which, I believe, also has an autoimmune nature). Unfortunately, official medicine does not help much with the treatment of these diseases. Therefore, I am looking for good advice here.
Cs say that knowledge protects, but unfortunately, my many years of searching, reading books and articles on rheumatology, medicine and the work of the human immune system have led me to nothing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or not.

I have been suffering from ankylosing arthritis for many years. In the past 5 years, a severe form of atopic dermatitis has been added to it (which, I believe, also has an autoimmune nature). Unfortunately, official medicine does not help much with the treatment of these diseases. Therefore, I am looking for good advice here.
Cs say that knowledge protects, but unfortunately, my many years of searching, reading books and articles on rheumatology, medicine and the work of the human immune system have led me to nothing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or not.
well, hard to respond to that. what did you try? grainless? dairyless? supplements? Weightproblems in any form? thyroid?
We have to get used to treat everybody differently, because of different conditions. There is no "one size fits all".
if you can do it, then detox safely first. Look for help. I found my doctor half a world away and consult her via video fone, because I cannot see her in person. But I do not say this is the way. your way may be totally different.

Hello N1mTzo, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information in this thread alone and if you search specific words such as arthritis or dermatitis you will find there have been many discussions on health issues over the years and lots of good advice. I'd recommend you read up on the ketogenic diet and the information here in this thread for some ideas where to start. It does sound autoimmune and it could be related to an underlying infection as a lot of us have found our health problems are.

Hi N1mTzo,

It is very difficult to give any pointers without knowing more information about you and your situation in some more detail. What have you tried? What is your current diet? What other health conditions (if any) do you also have?

If you could share some more information, then people will likely be able to provide you with more advice

I've had some issues with rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis that cleared up initially with iodine, but which then relapsed after reducing its use. This to me seems more like an immune system malfunction than something acutely wrong with the skin microbiome. I've checked out Elliot Overton's videos about vitamin deficiencies associated with suborrheic dermatitis so eating more organic liver and riboflavin/biotin supplements is next on my agenda. Just because the superficially responded with an antibiotic doesn't necessarily mean that it's the root cause, and settling on constant "maintenance" of chronic symptoms is for suckers.

Hi whitecoast, thanks for sharing. I used to have a pretty severe skin condition on my face which gradually faded away with time but never really disappeared. I still get an occasional breakout when the skin becomes very dry or when I get bloated after eating.

I just watched @Keyhole's video on vitamin C and I can definitely associate with the examples he presents, namely:

- easy bruising of the skin
- bloated stomach --> gut disfunction?
- bleeding gums when flossing
- very dry skin on hands and face
- joint pain on my left knee when running

I haven't taken vitamin C in years so I think I will start taking it again and eat lots of organ meats, and see how things develop.

I'd recommend you read up on the ketogenic diet and the information here in this thread for some ideas where to start. It does sound autoimmune and it could be related to an underlying infection as a lot of us have found our health problems are.
Yes, I have tried many different diets. There was a time (about six months) when I lived only on water and a little buckwheat porridge, since any other products caused me an IMMEDIATE allergic reaction (until the Quincke edema). There was a time when I was starving (nothing but water) and it did not help at all.

It is very difficult to give any pointers without knowing more information about you and your situation in some more detail. What have you tried? What is your current diet? What other health conditions (if any) do you also have?
I tried what you can imagine, any research: thyroid gland, internal organs, hormones, antibodies in the blood, a study of the stomach, even a colonoscopy!

I just watched @Keyhole's video on vitamin C and I can definitely associate with the examples he presents, namely:

- easy bruising of the skin
- bloated stomach --> gut disfunction?
- bleeding gums when flossing
- very dry skin on hands and face
- joint pain on my left knee when running
I am allergic to vitamin C (and other vitamins, even folic acid), allergic to sugar and sucrose (doctors say there is no allergy to sugar - hahaha). Therefore, I can’t eat any fruits, and I only eat cucumber from vegetables.
Yes, I don’t have diabetes, prediabetes and other similar conditions, because I tested for different hormones and everything is fine with them.

well, hard to respond to that. what did you try? grainless? dairyless? supplements? Weightproblems in any form? thyroid?
We have to get used to treat everybody differently, because of different conditions. There is no "one size fits all".
I am allergic to many nutritional supplements and many medications.

Yes, I forgot to write that before (more than five years ago) I ate a lot (sometimes too much) of sweets, sweets, chocolate, any fruits, vegetables, etc. I was never fat because of this (and did not smoke, did not eat alcohol). An allergy started at one point 5 years ago amid psychological stress.

PS
Yes, when I write my allergy, it means that I have been using antihistamines 24/7 for five years (every day). And I’m allergic even while taking long-acting antihistamines.
Now I am taking TWO antihistamines at the same time (24/7). One of them, an antidepressant with a strong antihistamine effect, was prescribed to me (last year) as an anesthetic for ankylosing arthritis.

Yes, I already wrote that I consider arthritis and dermatitis to be different manifestations of the same autoimmune disease, when blood t-lymphocytes begin to attack their own body as an alien. It just happens at different levels (joints and skin).

PPS Yes, thanks to everyone who responded to my message

Yes, I forgot to add that I have certain problems with my teeth (against the background of many years of taking pain medications, and not only this).
I read a session where Laura asked Cs about bacteria in her mouth. I know about that.
Perhaps some of my problems are due to this. But for now, I can’t take my teeth seriously, because:
1) I can not deal with allergies, serious reactions to anesthesia are also possible.
2) My spine is inflamed, and my neck also hurts. It hurts me to sit in the dental chair. Last year I went to treat a tooth without anesthesia and this was a real torture for me. In addition, the tooth was poorly treated and it hurt for several months.

Hello NImTzo. In no way could I recommend anything to relieve your problems, but I notice you have not made any mention of meats and fats.

I'm wondering if you could start on an elimination diet and slowly start to reintroduce foods. Your reaction to so many food varieties must have left your body seriously stressed. Meat and meat fats seems to help heal a lot of problems. This is purely a personal opinion.

Yes, I already wrote that I consider arthritis and dermatitis to be different manifestations of the same autoimmune disease, when blood t-lymphocytes begin to attack their own body as an alien. It just happens at different levels (joints and skin).

PPS Yes, thanks to everyone who responded to my message

Hi N1mTzo,

Still, your post does not really give us much information on what you are currently doing. I should probably rephrase my questions:

What exactly are you eating now, and how long have you been doing that?

If you could be more specific, then it would help in providing you with advice

I'm wondering if you could start on an elimination diet and slowly start to reintroduce foods. Your reaction to so many food varieties must have left your body seriously stressed. Meat and meat fats seems to help heal a lot of problems. This is purely a personal opinion.
Yes, I eat a lot of meat, because I need a lot of energy. With ankylosing arthritis, you can lie all day on the couch and do nothing, but your muscles (throughout your body) will still contract as if you are doing hard physical work. This constant tension of the muscles leads to their inflammation (and enthesitis).
I used to get a lot of energy from glucose (I already wrote that I ate a lot of sweets from childhood), but after an allergy to glucose and sugar started, I began to weaken very much and lose weight (although I was not always fat).
Then I began to eat a lot of meat to replenish the energy for my body: pork, beef, chicken, turkey. Often boiled, without any spices and only with salt.

Still, your post does not really give us much information on what you are currently doing. I should probably rephrase my questions:

What exactly are you eating now, and how long have you been doing that?

If you could be more specific, then it would help in providing you with advice

Now I eat almost the same food as a few years ago. My body gradually adapted to the complete abolition of glucose, and I stopped losing weight. My diet is not very diverse, in fact I eat the same thing every day:
- This is buckwheat porridge with boiled meat (pork, beef, chicken) WITHOUT spices, only salt. I'm not sure that you know what buckwheat is. This is a purely Russian food, it is not common in the WEST. This is a plant whose small seeds are boiled in water (like rice is boiled, for example), and then eaten. It has many vitamins, it is hypoallergenic and very useful for digestion. But she is not too nutritious (you can eat a lot and become full).
- This is pasta with boiled meat. Without spices (ketchup and other), only salt.
And in pasta and porridge I put butter. A minimum of dairy products, they are very allergenic.
- Cucumbers, I eat a lot of them. I had problems with the balance of potassium in the body and the only product with potassium (but it is very small there), which does not cause allergies, became a cucumber.

- I drink tea (black), or water. Sometimes mineral water (with gas)

- I eat a lot of wheat and rye bread (with boiled meat, a sandwich).
Sometimes boiled rice, boiled potatoes - there used to be an allergy to them, now much less.

- Chicken broth (+ carrots), Pork broth. Soup. Sometimes (very rarely and mainly in summer) I cook beetroot soup with beets (it contains a lot of sugars) - it causes an allergy
- Rarely boiled river fish (and fried VERY rarely very little)

Yes, I eat a lot of meat, because I need a lot of energy. With ankylosing arthritis, you can lie all day on the couch and do nothing, but your muscles (throughout your body) will still contract as if you are doing hard physical work. This constant tension of the muscles leads to their inflammation (and enthesitis).
I used to get a lot of energy from glucose (I already wrote that I ate a lot of sweets from childhood), but after an allergy to glucose and sugar started, I began to weaken very much and lose weight (although I was not always fat).
Then I began to eat a lot of meat to replenish the energy for my body: pork, beef, chicken, turkey. Often boiled, without any spices and only with salt.

Now I eat almost the same food as a few years ago. My body gradually adapted to the complete abolition of glucose, and I stopped losing weight. My diet is not very diverse, in fact I eat the same thing every day:
- This is buckwheat porridge with boiled meat (pork, beef, chicken) WITHOUT spices, only salt. I'm not sure that you know what buckwheat is. This is a purely Russian food, it is not common in the WEST. This is a plant whose small seeds are boiled in water (like rice is boiled, for example), and then eaten. It has many vitamins, it is hypoallergenic and very useful for digestion. But she is not too nutritious (you can eat a lot and become full).
- This is pasta with boiled meat. Without spices (ketchup and other), only salt.
And in pasta and porridge I put butter. A minimum of dairy products, they are very allergenic.
- Cucumbers, I eat a lot of them. I had problems with the balance of potassium in the body and the only product with potassium (but it is very small there), which does not cause allergies, became a cucumber.

Sometimes boiled rice, boiled potatoes - there used to be an allergy to them, now much less.

- Chicken broth (+ carrots), Pork broth. Soup. Sometimes (very rarely and mainly in summer) I cook beetroot soup with beets (it contains a lot of sugars) - it causes an allergy
hm, ankylosing arthritis, isn't that the same condition that Mikhaila Peterson has? She treats it with her "lion diet" which consists of fatty meats, water and salt. No greens no nothing. BTW I emphasize herewith loud and clearly that I don't recommend this diet for you. It could be a good approach, but it could be bad aswell. This form of pure carnivore diet is highly critisized by e.g. Nora T. Gedgaudas (go to her blog primalbody primalmind and search for her entry called "My beef with the carnivore diet").

That said I realize that you are quite on the carb side (btw buckweat is common here and elsewhere in europe), with bread and rice and potatoes and pasta. you know that starch is also a kind of sugar, right? maybe try reducing that?

What I also wanted to ask: are you in treatment, I mean do you see a medical doctor of any kind more or less regularly?

Thanks for clarification,

So here is some advice for you, if you are aiming to improve your autoimmune condition and reduce your burden of symptoms:

- You should remove all grains, including the "hypoallergenic" grains. They are likely going to be driving the autoimmune process. This is the buckwheat, the pasta, any form of bread - wheat or rye.

- You should reduce the potatoes, and potentially eliminate them completely - at least for 3-4 months.

- Rice is likely OK in small amounts. Although for someone with your condition, generally the more restrictive the better... at least for a short period of time.

- Your best bet temporarily is to focus primarily on animal foods - mainly meat, fat and organs. Egg white is likely going to cause an issue, but it might not (that is for you to find out)

- At least 3-4 months of a diet containing 90-95% meat & fat generally resolves most symptoms in the majority of people who do it strictly. Can't make any promises, but in my experience it works well in a short period of time.

- Eating approx 200g-300g organ meat (liver/kidney)

- Get your vitamin D checked. If it is low, it would be worth pumping that up slightly with a good quality D3/K2. You are aiming for anywhere from 40-60 ng/ml (conservative estimate).

- A good quality probiotic can help. I prefer the spore-based ones such as bacillus subtillis and bacillus coagulans

-
There is some cool information on here about auto-hemotherapy. You should take a look!

- Liposomal colostrum and sodium butyrate are useful tools that can be employed, either taken orally or rectally as an enema, especially if the issue is stemming from the gut.

If you can do all (or most) of those things for at least a few months, I would be VERY surprised if you don't see significant benefits 🙂

Back
Top Bottom