ASTROLOGY

Hi Ruth, thank you for introducing Rik's channel to me! 🥰 I started to explore astrology when only 13 yo, before internet time, with limited books I found in libraries, always felt there's 'something to it'. 🙂 Unfortunately I didn't follow up much, later in life, except for one instance when I took my then 1yo daughter to a Vedic doctor and astrologer to get our body system diagnosed (pitta, kappa etc readings) and for her to make our charts. She was supposed to send those to us few days later, took my money but never delivered. That was it for me, I put it all aside, which I do regret now.

I feel astrology is best used for insight and assistance (i.e a head up) for the individual. Applying it to others can be problematic especially if a person isn't a trained astrologer and also if they had a difficult experience in the past with one particular sun sign. I know this has happened to me. It has led me to wonder if the person giving me 'grief' wasn't actually reflecting back at me something of the shadow within myself.
I share those insights too, it reminds me of channeling, same way people who channel can sometimes get some good informations but only concerning themselves, not applicable to others. It takes a lot for a person to be able to discern properly for another.

I discovered, relatively recently, the sidereal zodiac (which is used in Vedic astrology). It is based on the fixed stars and constellations rather than the seasons, being shifted around 24 degrees retrograde. For instance, in the tropical zodiac, my sun is in Sagittarius, however in sidereal it is Scorpio.

As I began my studies of astrology I always thought “Yeah, I can see that”, regarding my natal chart and interpreting the planetary aspects, and positions in the signs. When I looked into the positions in my Vedic/sidereal chart, my mind was Blown!! The aspects are of course the same, but the energies of the signs change the picture quite a bit, and it was me to a T.

So, long story less long, IMO, sidereal is the way to go when interpreting. One tool in the Vedic kit that I haven’t done a deep dive into yet, but seems interesting after a surface examination, is the lunar mansions - Nakshatras. It is based on the mythology in the Vedas, so if you look past the religious gloss in that, I think it is a useful analytical tool.

This does change the picture somewhat with the mundane astrology doom and gloom as Jupiter and Pluto are still in Sagittarius at 25 and 28 degrees respectively. Though, to be fair, the aspects are still pinging things. The final Jupiter Pluto conjunction this year is on Nov 12 at 28 degrees Sagittarius. The Jupiter Saturn conjunction occurs later in the calendar year in Capricorn - Dec 21. At the same time sun is conjunct Mercury in Sagittarius and Moon is conjunct Neptune in Aquarius. That ought to be quite interesting!

Today Mars starts going retrograde, which will last for about 10 weeks.
It happens usually once in two years.

Most astrologers expect this to be a tough time, especially since Mars is riding through its own sign - Aries, which amplifies its energy.
Couple that with the times we live in.

Mars retrogrades signal times of crisis for the warrior in each of us, and can manifest as times of struggle to accomplish one’s goals, physical lethargy, or feelings of fighting a losing battle. In the collective, Mars retrogrades can herald both major human rights violations and atrocities, but also their rectification in the forms of new legislature or reparitive movements. Mars retrogrades challenge progress of both individual and collective aims, prompting the question, “what is worth fighting for?”

Buckle up, folks - and stay safe!

Today Mars starts going retrograde, which will last for about 10 weeks.
It happens usually once in two years.

Most astrologers expect this to be a tough time, especially since Mars is riding through its own sign - Aries, which amplifies its energy.
Couple that with the times we live in.

Buckle up, folks - and stay safe!
I’ve been watching Mars in Aries from my kitchen window, which faces East. It’s very bright and glinting red. It’s been close to the moon and it’s a sight for sore eyes. It will be interesting to watch it retrograde from 28 degrees Aries and then back again until next year.
The next time Mars will visit Aries again will be in 2067!

Also Uranus was visible next to Mars, very bright, at ten degrees in Taurus. It too is retrograding. In fact, altogether 8 planets are retrograding, which is highly unusual.

I tried to photograph both planets and the bright orangey moon, but no go. This one was taken on 9th August, but doesn’t do the real thing justice. It shows Mars conjunction Moon in Aries.
1599740387869.jpeg

Looks like the pandemic/reset year has almost run it's course, but not until the fat lady sings.
Specifically Jupiter, and it's much anticipated conjunction with Saturn, which happens every 20 years, and is already visible in the sky now.

As Susan Miller explains it:

"Jupiter is the planet of good fortune and happiness. Saturn is the planet that teaches maturity through working hard on long-term goals that add structure and foundation to our lives. When they have a conjunction, the sign they meet in has an effect on art, entertainment, music, food, fashion, government, and politics, and creates the very tenor of the times. We started to see everything change when Saturn made a brief entry into Aquarius from March 21 until July 1. The world changed, and it’s only a hint at what is to come."

Now, bear in mind (forgive but not forget) - this year reset was all under the bad omen of Pluto-Saturn conjunction in Capricorn, which is not done quite yet, it's still fading away through January. But a new dawn of power will begin to suppress it, where the sad Pluto is replaced by Jupiter, the harbinger of fulfillment and good vibes in its conjunction with Saturn.

But wait, there's more. On December 21st 2020 (yep, that date!) both planets will officially enter Aquarius.

As Susan Miller further goes on to say:

"When a normal conjunction happens between Saturn and Jupiter, we call it a Grand Conjunction. When Jupiter and Saturn will meet in a new element—air instead of earth—we call that a Grand Mutation.

Jupiter and Saturn will not meet in earth signs again in our lifetime. Get set for huge innovation with scientific and medical discoveries that we could never have imagined possible. The Grand Mutation will bring on the full blooming of the Age of Aquarius. We are very lucky to be alive to witness a change like this—most people live within the 200-year period of one cycle and never get to experience the change as we all will see as citizens of an exciting new world."

Wait, did she say mutation?

I had this intuition all along this year with all the pandemic turmoil, lockdowns, altering ways of living, BLM protests and the change in US political structure of power, that this year was nothing else but a proofing, an accelerated phase of transformation as described in alchemical literature, for something bigger a more significant phase in human evolution. Whether it was "designed" and intentionally stretched by PTB's or just happened naturally as in "we're all in it together" and came out as it is now it's anybody's interpretation, but here we are almost at the end of 2020, getting ready for a new beginning. "Life keeps happening":-)

You can search and read more on the Grand Conjunction or Mutation, some call it no less than the event that truly that heralds the Age of Aquarius.

Last edited:
north american indian astrology: the article below is on indian astrology, their totem animals and the personalities of the corresonding persons. the illustrations are nice.
the chinese astrological system is also insightful- animals and relation to the five elements used in traditional chinese medicine

in the link below you can caculate what animal you are by ones birth year- then on a more detailed level the time and location which all coresspond to the five elements etc

time interpretation below

Last edited:
the chinese astrological system is also insightful- animals and relation to the five elements used in traditional chinese medicine

in the link below you can caculate what animal you are by ones birth year- then on a more detailed level the time and location which all coresspond to the five elements etc

the chinese is well too complex... in the indian, i am a snake. i fit astonishingly well...

Back
Top Bottom