Assistance Changing Display Name

eleusis

Jedi Master
Wasn't sure who to email or contact regarding changing my display name. Problem is, I can't find or remember the old password. Sorry about the inconvenience and I'll make certain to know where I put my password this time. Also, could I have the information through the message function and not email if possible. Thank you.

Hi joe seppe,

Once you are logged in, click on "Profile" at the top of the page and then "Account Settings". There you will be able to change your displayed username. :)

Vulcan59 said:
Hi joe seppe,

Once you are logged in, click on "Profile" at the top of the page and then "Account Settings". There you will be able to change your displayed username. :)

As I remember it, you need then to confirm this change with your password :).

joe seppe said:
Wasn't sure who to email or contact regarding changing my display name. Problem is, I can't find or remember the old password. Sorry about the inconvenience and I'll make certain to know where I put my password this time. Also, could I have the information through the message function and not email if possible. Thank you.

Log out entirely and then click on Forgot your password? and you should be able to reset it and do the changes you like.

Gawan said:
joe seppe said:

Log out entirely and then click on Forgot your password? and you should be able to reset it and do the changes you like.

Although I'm not sure, I think you want to make sure that your current email is associated with the account, otherwise you could get locked out. This brings you back to needing your password to update your email though, if that is an issue.

Renaissance said:
Gawan said:
joe seppe said:

Although I'm not sure, I think you want to make sure that your current email is associated with the account, otherwise you could get locked out. This brings you back to needing your password to update your email though, if that is an issue.

Good point, your current email address can be found under your only accessible profile settings.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Now I simply need to settle on something appropriate, inspirational and externally considerate.

Hi, I know this thread is fairly old now, but I was wanting to change my screen name but I could not find the facility to do so. Will I be stuck with this alias forever, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Hi, I know this thread is fairly old now, but I was wanting to change my screen name but I could not find the facility to do so. Will I be stuck with this alias forever, or am I looking in the wrong places?
I think at some point they switched forum formats. I’m not sure how to do it either. I don’t see where it’s editable. I’ve wanted to change mine for some time as well.

Hey K-JACK mark7, you need to message Scottie your desired username so this can be changed for you, as per the below exchange in another thread:

Hi @Scottie, I read I have to send you a PM to have my username changed, is that still working like that? If so I'd like to change mine. Thanks!
Yep, send me a PM with your desired new username!

Back
Top Bottom