Are Dogs Smarter Than Cats?

Ruth

The Living Force
Well I don't know if dogs are smarter than cats or vice versa. It depends how a person defines 'smart'. Actually I think some dogs are very smart, especially the sheep dog types. They most likely are bred for their intelligence.

Cats can be very entertaining and I'm not sure if that just means they are attention hogs. Here's how to interrupt your owner during a virtual parliamentary meeting.

Nienna

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Cats can be very entertaining and I'm not sure if that just means they are attention hogs. Here's how to interrupt your owner during a virtual parliamentary meeting.
If nothing else, it seemed to have lighten the mood. Maybe the kitty thought things were getting a bit too stuffy? :-D

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I always thought that the fact that people use dogs as a reference when talking about a remarkable cat was enough to settle the debate about cats and dogs. You've probably heard someone say about a cat "wow, he/she is almost like a dog" (or something to the effect) when commenting positively on the qualities of a cat, but you've probably never heard a person say about a dog "wow, he/she is almost like a cat", unless it was in a less than positive context.

gnosisxsophia

Jedi Master
..."wow, he/she is almost like a cat", unless it was in a less than positive context.

Reminds me of a quote from Christopher Hitchens;

Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.

Truer words I’m yet to one across 😊

neema

Jedi Council Member
I also think it’s a little matter of perspective.
I mean think about it. Which one is really smarter?
The one that obeys your every command and does amazing deeds to keep you happy, or the one who ends up giving you commands and makes you do amazing deeds to keep it happy! ;-D

Top Bottom