Apartment building partially collapses near Miami Beach, rescues underway

While it could simply be an architectural failure, which actually seems rather unlikely, I have to say that it was a rather odd occurrence.

Yeah, it certainly looked like a controlled demolition. What also came to mind is target practice by space-based weapon, but then it would probably affect entire building at the same time, so don't know.

Snakes in the grass politicize the tragedy with an attempt of undermining Desantis.

I wonder that over time that past hurricanes may have contributed to the possible erosion of the soils stability, and the accelerated coercive property's of Salt air corrosion.

We're Past the Peak of Hurricane Season. Unless You Live in South Florida. - weloveweather.tv
Wilma became a hurricane on October 18th, 2005, over the Western Caribbean, and it became a Category 5 the next day. It intensified faster than any other Atlantic hurricane, dropping from 982 to 882 millibars in 24 hours, and sustained winds peaked at 185 mph. After raking Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, Wilma made landfall in southwest Florida on the 24th, as a Category 3 storm, and went on to cause more than $18 billion in damage in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Countless buildings in South Florida had windows blown out, including the 14-story Broward County School Board building, below. It was built prior to 1992, before post-Andrew building codes were enacted.

And in South Florida, the hurricane risk actually increases in October. The graphic below shows all of the hurricanes in the record, going back to the mid-1800s, that have passed within 55 nautical miles of Miami in September. There were seven, including Betsy (1965) and David (1979). Notice the vectors in the tracks. All but one of the tracks show a westerly or northwesterly motion. These storms were born out of African Easterly Waves, which came across the central Atlantic.

1624574347284.png

Champlain Towers, a Miami-(Proximity to the Atlantic Ocean)
1624597482873.png

In the video at the beginning of the thread, where you see the moment when the building collapses, you can see flashes of light in several windows. Then the building falls completely straight.

And...

I have read in the local press in my country that among the possible victims may be a Consul from Israel and the sister of a "First Lady" from a Latin American country.

Sinkholes are apparently quite common in Florida so my first thought was that this is what happened there. But it doesn't seem that way.

I went on YouTube to watch sinkholes destroying houses and I'm not entirely convinced this is what happened there. First off, it was too quick. From what I've seen it takes longer for a sinkhole to swallow a house. I've watched a few news reports about such disasters and neighbours had time to call the police and say that a sinkhole was eating a house. That means it wasn't an instant process. But maybe sinkholes have varying sizes and depths and this influences the speed of the damage, I don't know.

Also, in the reports I've watched parts of the affected buildings disappeared under the ground. Even the titles of those videos use such phrases as 'a sinkhole swallows a house' or 'a house collapses into a sinkhole'. This suggests partial disappearing under the surface of the ground. This is not what happened in Florida. It looks like the apartment building just collapsed to the ground.

Then there's the fact that news reports are saying that experts are yet to determine why the building collapsed. I'd think that a sinkhole capable of inflicting so much damage would probably need to be quite large or at least deep, and I suspect that it was rather easy to determine the cause if this is what it was.

I found the below article on Yahoo saying that it was determined back in the 1990s that the building had been built on unstable ground and it had been collapsing into the ground at the speed of 2 millimetres per year, but could have accelerated since then. Again, I'm not an expert but at that rate it would have collapsed around 4cm, less than 2 inches. How flimsy would the construction have to be to collapse like this?

And the article doesn't mention a sinkhole, just sinking into the ground.

The building, which was constructed in 1981, has been sinking at an alarming rate since the 1990s, according to a study in 2020 by Shimon Wdowinski, a professor in the Department of Earth and Environment.

When Wdowinski saw the news that the Champlain Towers South condominium in Surfside collapsed, he instantly remembered it from the study, he said.

“I looked at it this morning and said, ‘Oh my god.’ We did detect that,” he said.

Wdowinski said his research is not meant to suggest certainty about what caused the collapse. The building was sinking at a rate of about 2 millimeters a year in the 1990s and could have slowed or accelerated in the time since, he said.

In his experience, even the level of sinking observed in the 1990s typically results in impacts to buildings and their structures, Wdowinski said. He said that very well could have been the case for the Champlain building in the 1990s, based on his findings.

“It was a byproduct of analyzing the data. We saw this building had some kind of unusual movement,” Wdowinski said.

Daniel Dietch, who served as Surfside’s mayor from 2010 to 2020, warned against drawing conclusions too soon.

“This is an extraordinarily unusual event, and it is dangerous and counterproductive to speculate on its cause,” he said.

The recent blast test of a US aircraft carrier off the coast of Florida, which registered as a 3.9 earthquake could have contributed.

Navy blasts new aircraft carrier with explosives to test it
To simulate how its newest aircraft carrier would perform in battle conditions, the Navy blasted the USS Gerald R. Ford with thousands of pounds of explosives about 100 miles off the coast of Florida. Officials say the test was successful.

I don't know a whole lot about florida geology but maybe it was a sinkhole.
I do know that sand below the water table will flow like a liquid. If the sand started flowing...
The way the building collapsed makes me doubt the sinkhole idea a bit.

It seems odd that the central portion of the building collapsed first, given it was secured on both sides by its connection to the other sections (one of which never fell, and the other, which fell seconds later, likely in response to vibrations from the initial collapse). I suppose a sink hole under the central portion could explain this. If so, it must've been one small enough to be hidden by the collapsed debris, which appears to rest on the surface of the ground.

A number of bright lights flashing can be seen during and after the collapse. Might just be electrical short circuits? I dunno. The brightest flash appears right at the beginning, pretty much exactly where the first portion of the building starts to collapse into itself, within the building. It indeed pretty much looks like how a building would collapse in a controlled demolition of some sorts.

Last edited:
Here's cctv footage of the collapse:
I really would like to see the 30 sec of video before the collapse started, but the clip starts right when the collapse starts. Maybe more footage will become available in the future. If it doesn't, then the video starting where it does might be suspicious and meant to hide what contributed to the collapse.
This event had me wondering as well. I've heard shock tests are normally carried out in the middle of the ocean far from land and this was only 100 miles from the Florida coast. 2 more are scheduled and the blast registered 3.9 on the Richter scale.
Yeah, it certainly looked like a controlled demolition. What also came to mind is target practice by space-based weapon, but then it would probably affect entire building at the same time, so don't know.
The recent blast test of a US aircraft carrier off the coast of Florida, which registered as a 3.9 earthquake could have contributed.
When reading the threat and these quotes, I couldn't help but think of the C's session where the Haiti earthquake and 'earthquake weapon' is talked about. (see quote of the session below).

Added: what @c.a. shared is interesting. I guess Paraguay is not toeing the line.
I noticed this in the news today or yesterday in relation to Paraguay looking to go the El Salvador route for Bitcoin. Could possibly have some connection in terms of a message or action in relation to this given c.a.'s post with the tweet that the president of Paraguay had familial relations affected (sister-in-law and family). After El Salvador, Paraguay Is Set To Legalize Bitcoin in July

(L) I have a question. I've been waiting for somebody to ask it, but since nobody is going to ask it, I want to ask it: Was the Haiti earthquake an induced earthquake, or was it totally natural?

A: (Planchette swirls on board) INDUCED! Bet you didn't expect that, did you?!

Q: (L) Frankly, I didn't. Because I've already gone on record saying it wasn't. I just poo-pooed the whole idea as too far out there. (laughter) So now I've gotta...

(Joe) Well, it was the Russians who said that, wasn't it?

A: No!

Q: (Joe) Didn't you tell us the Russians reported that?

(L) The question I want to ask is, how do they induce earthquakes? (To Ark) How do you think they induce earthquakes? (Joe) Space-based satellite

(Ark) Well, just search the internet! (laughter) Yeah, it's on the internet. You create special waves that go into the earth and propagate in the right direction...

(L) I don't believe it. They don't have enough power to do that.

(Joe) I want to know who induced it?

A: U.S.

Q: (Joe) At the government level, or super-secret nonsense?

A: Secret gov.

Q: (L) And how did they do this? Was this from some kind of waves that Ark is talking about?

A: Close. And notice that no one is arguing with them right now!

Q: (L) In other words, you've got something that can do that, nobody's gonna mess with you.

(Ark) But the main question is, did they really want to induce it in the neighborhood of Haiti, or it was a mistake?

A: Yes, the prep was done.

Q: (Andromeda) So they intentionally did it to Haiti.

(Ark) What I would do, I would use a submarine and go near the fault, and do the job using these submarines as a so to say amplifiers for something. There are these faults under the ocean. It's enough to move this fault in the right direction with the right frequency, and you get it.

A: Too dangerous that way because the pulses would also destroy the sub. Better to use triangulated space-based weapons.

Q: (Belibaste) Why did they target Haiti specifically?

A: Close to South America. Convenient, oil, other factors of imperialistic nature.

Q: (Andromeda) Was it like a test?

A: No.

Q: (Burma Jones) Not a test, so they've used this thing a lot before?

(Joe) They used it on the Columbia.

A: Once or twice.

Q: (Joe) Used on the space shuttle.

(Psyche) That's why Chavez was so sure.

(Ark) It's probably much easier for the island than on the mainland...

(L) Yeah, because you've got separation with the ocean bed and different strata. It would be too uncontrollable if you started zapping a fault on a large land body.

(Andromeda) Like California?

(Joe) When they said, "notice how no one is arguing with them now", does that mean that most major nations in the world are aware that this was a...

A: Yes

Q: (Joe) Good way to shut people up.

A: Spy vs. Spy

Back
Top Bottom