Anyone know any good new SF writers?

I'm editing and correcting right now, and preparing a wiki to accompany the book for those who want to explore the themes in the story in greater depth. If you're interested in reading it in a more-or-less finished state, I save the most up-to-date copy to my Dropbox, so you can always retrieve the latest version at this URL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0i1vpl8z3bxlp9/soul-proprietor.rtf
Hi endescent/Drew,

I just downloaded your manuscript which apparently was uploaded about 15 Min. prior to that.
But when I tried to open it, it wouldn't. I got the message: File is possibly damaged. So I deleted it again.

Maybe you could look into this?
I'm always in for some proofreading, especially new SF -- and certainly when it may contain elements of what is studied here...

Palinurus said:
I just downloaded your manuscript which apparently was uploaded about 15 Min. prior to that.
But when I tried to open it, it wouldn't. I got the message: File is possibly damaged. So I deleted it again.

Maybe you could look into this?
I'm always in for some proofreading, especially new SF -- and certainly when it may contain elements of what is studied here...

I uploaded a Microsoft .doc formatted version, which can be read in the browser without requiring a download. Here is the new link, hopefully that should fix it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/far4qv6a4qagc12/soul-proprietor.doc

Thanks Palinurus,

-Drew

P.S. For some reason I'm unable to edit my original post and add the new link to it. :huh:

Thanks for your prompt reply and remedy.

As for not being able to edit, read this:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,15225.msg377499.html#msg377499

Basically, under the new system you have to edit within 30 Min's. After that, this possibility is removed. The link explains why.

I'm a slow reader and I'm encountering quite a lot of outside interference right now that's slowing me down even more, so I thought it might be in order to give you my first impressions after completing Part I of your novel.

First off, I really like your writing style. It's upbeat, to the point, compelling and down to earth. It reminded me of Ernest Hemingway, of all people...
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Hemingway

The story is intriguing, full of action and keeps one compassionate with the protagonists' ups and downs.

I didn't yet discern any obvious flaws in your handling of the materials, but I detected ample use of 'poetic license' so to say -- which isn't a bad thing in itself in my opinion. It keeps the story going.

Having said all this, I cannot in this stage evade posing the following question to you: Have you ever consulted the chateau crew about this project of yours and did you notify Laura in particular to ask her permission to make use of the channeled materials and related contents in the way you do?

If not, I would urge you to do so ASAP just in order to avoid any possible difficulties in the future about copyrights and such. I don't think it will suffice to only mention the Wave (not even the series) as just one of your referenced sources, as you do in the version I'm currently reading.

As this is a first impression I will get back to you when I've finished the rest of it -- which presumably may take me quite a while like up to a week or so.

Meanwhile, two concluding remarks: your text still needs thorough editing because of multiple typos of different kinds, and: I very much enjoyed reading it so far, but to my mind it won't qualify as science fiction -- as far as I'm concerned it rather falls in the category of science fantasy: slightly different genre all together. Different outlook, different perspective, different tone. You've got the voice and the style to match that and I'm very grateful you have shared it with us to read.

Palinurus said:
First off, I really like your writing style. It's upbeat, to the point, compelling and down to earth. It reminded me of Ernest Hemingway, of all people...

The story is intriguing, full of action and keeps one compassionate with the protagonists' ups and downs.

I didn't yet discern any obvious flaws in your handling of the materials, but I detected ample use of 'poetic license' so to say -- which isn't a bad thing in itself in my opinion. It keeps the story going.

Thank you sincerely for the feedback, it means a lot to me. I agree there's quite a bit of artistic license taken with the story, and I think it's necessary to be able to tell the story I wanted to tell.

Having said all this, I cannot in this stage evade posing the following question to you: Have you ever consulted the chateau crew about this project of yours and did you notify Laura in particular to ask her permission to make use of the channeled materials and related contents in the way you do?

If not, I would urge you to do so ASAP just in order to avoid any possible difficulties in the future about copyrights and such. I don't think it will suffice to only mention the Wave (not even the series) as just one of your referenced sources, as you do in the version I'm currently reading

I must admit I have not yet discussed this with Laura and the Chateau crew. I planned to do this as I introduced it to this community, but I'm unclear on the best way to directly contact them for private correspondence (I tried to send Laura a private message through the forum awhile back, but I don't think it went through.) I understand that a derivative work, even one of fiction, should require certain permissions before publishing. I take inspiration from The Wave Series and the transcripts with the utmost reverence and respect intended, so I'm prepared to make any necessary changes to the text.

Laura, if you read this please send me a PM or email, or tell me how best to contact you. I very much want to discuss my work with you and I also value the input of the rest of the crew.

As this is a first impression I will get back to you when I've finished the rest of it -- which presumably may take me quite a while like up to a week or so.

Meanwhile, two concluding remarks: your text still needs thorough editing because of multiple typos of different kinds, and: I very much enjoyed reading it so far, but to my mind it won't qualify as science fiction -- as far as I'm concerned it rather falls in the category of science fantasy: slightly different genre all together. Different outlook, different perspective, different tone. You've got the voice and the style to match that and I'm very grateful you have shared it with us to read.

Please take your time reading it, it's meant to be enjoyed. Yes, it's still plagued by many typographical errors that I am determined to fix. Your categorization of the story as science fantasy is interesting, because when I was reading about all the different sub-genres of speculative fiction, I decided science fantasy was the best fit for my story, but science fiction is a much more widely known term and often used as an umbrella for sub-genres. I'm happy you like it so far, and I hope your sentiments are echoed by others in this community.

Sincerely,

Drew

Just FYI: Would nobody contact you in the coming days, there is a Report to moderator button in the right corner of every post which you can use to signal the need for attention, help or whatever. I suggest your latest post would be the one to use for that. The button opens up a message screen with a box in which you can specify the reasons, etc.

endescent said:
Laura, if you read this please send me a PM or email, or tell how best to contact you. I very much want to discuss my work with you and I also value the input of the rest of the crew.

You can send an email to sott@sott.net

Your novel proved to be a real pageturner. Whenever I could squeeze out a few spare moments I kept returning back reading a bit more and now I already completed it way before the envisaged schedule. That’s a really good sign I’d say.

Reading it was like listening to a piece of music one knows very well, has been intimately acquainted with and has grown fond of in some particular performance, but now being played by somebody else of similar stature: it's essentially the same composition and the same music, all the notes are there, but it gives one a completely different experience as if the piece comes to the fore in a new light. New colors, new accentuation, different nuances, other melodic lines, different rhythmic emphases, and so on. Totally refreshing! That, in a nutshell, is how this novel worked on me.

This novel is very complex yet very straightforward; it's jampacked with action yet deeply profound; all important concepts are encapsulated yet never artificially inserted. It all flows naturally as the story unfolds and I truly enjoyed my reading.

Nevertheless, some minor oddities have to be signalled.

In Chapter #7 the comet cluster is mentioned and for me it came totally out of the blue. During the psychomantium scene in the previous chapter only one major impact is seen in the mirror alongside nondescript chaos which could have implied a cluster, but as a casual reader I hadn't inferred that from the extant text. So the cluster as such came about as a total surprise.

In Chapter #10 a nuke attack on New Orleans is described in such a detached style and with virtually no discernable consternation among those who learn or hear about it, that it borders incredibility. It's also a missed opportunity in the context of the narrative IMO to not have emphasized the ambiguity of an overhead comet explosion or the detonation of a nuclear device, just in order to exemplify the nastiness of TPTB and their preconceived hidden agenda as shown by their reactions afterward.

Chapter #15 was a bit of an anticlimax in so far as the 4D battle for 4D Earth is concerned. This part of the narrative is alltogether too much like standard 3D Star Wars featuring mostly standard SF weaponry and other such devices. I had hoped for something else, more along the lines of a superior strategy (like Bashar Miles Teg from Dune fame, see: _http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Miles_Teg) on the part of 4D STO as a template, with well planned tactics and thoroughly coordinated on the ground improvisations in 3D, and surely some traces of such a scenario are discernable, but all of that remains rather sketchy and thereby a bit disappointing - as nothing but standard 3D guerrilla warfare is depicted, or so it seemed to me.
Maybe this sole chapter needs to be reworked into a part IV of the novel, with several chapters and more details?

One spelling oddity: in Chapter #8 the planet D'Ankhiar is mentioned several times and first time around the link with the ankh symbol is mentioned as well, but the spelling is always off - like D'Ahnkiar, with a misplaced h.

These points really are all very minor and they rather pale into insignificance in regard of the novel as a whole, about which I'm really very enthused. I think it's a truly magnificent work and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my fellow forumites and to regular readers of SOTT as well, maybe. But beyond that circle, I have doubts.

I've tried several times while reading, to imagine the impact of this narrative on an average reader not acquainted with all the background knowledge most of the forumites will have of these materials, and just one word kept steadily emerging: it will be overwhelming.

This novel appears to be nothing short of a compendium of the concepts Laura and others have spent a lifetime of research, reading and networking to acquire, in the course of a specific process of personal development, within a specific social and political context, and related to doing The 4Th Way Work, among other things. All that and more will be lost to a casual reader who will be unaware of this all encompassing process of acquisition, once this novel reaches the market as a consumer item - just one SF story among many others.

Whom will it serve?

I have no clear answer to this question. I can only put it forward to the network to ponder over it, as I will do too.

Palinurus said:
Your novel proved to be a real pageturner. Whenever I could squeeze out a few spare moments I kept returning back reading a bit more and now I already completed it way before the envisaged schedule. That’s a really good sign I’d say.

Reading it was like listening to a piece of music one knows very well, has been intimately acquainted with and has grown fond of in some particular performance, but now being played by somebody else of similar stature: it's essentially the same composition and the same music, all the notes are there, but it gives one a completely different experience as if the piece comes to the fore in a new light. New colors, new accentuation, different nuances, other melodic lines, different rhythmic emphases, and so on. Totally refreshing! That, in a nutshell, is how this novel worked on me.

This novel is very complex yet very straightforward; it's jampacked with action yet deeply profound; all important concepts are encapsulated yet never artificially inserted. It all flows naturally as the story unfolds and I truly enjoyed my reading.

Wow. I'm flabbergasted at your response, in a good way. Your metaphor of a re-worked piece of music is quite suitable, I think. It is like a "remix." It was written to be a page-turner, to keep the reader captivated. In all the fiction books I've read, the most aggravating thing I've encountered is when the story slows down to go into detail about something. Of course, it's important to the story, otherwise the author wouldn't have written it that way, but it breaks the rhythm. Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson is a good example of a novel that did this. I loved how action-packed it was, but the long parts about Sumerian myth, while very interesting, broke the rhythm. So I decided nothing would break the flow of my novel, to the best of my ability.

In Chapter #7 the comet cluster is mentioned and for me it came totally out of the blue. During the psychomantium scene in the previous chapter only one major impact is seen in the mirror alongside nondescript chaos which could have implied a cluster, but as a casual reader I hadn't inferred that from the extant text. So the cluster as such came about as a total surprise.

An excellent point. I need to re-work how the comet cluster is introduced to the story, and emphasize it as the major cause of cataclysms. I'm reminded of something from the infamous "Area 51 call" to Art Bell, when the caller says the PTB want the major population centers wiped out so that those remaining are easier to control.

In Chapter #10 a nuke attack on New Orleans is described in such a detached style and with virtually no discernable consternation among those who learn or hear about it, that it borders incredibility. It's also a missed opportunity in the context of the narrative IMO to not have emphasized the ambiguity of an overhead comet explosion or the detonation of a nuclear device, just in order to exemplify the nastiness of TPTB and their preconceived hidden agenda as shown by their reactions afterward.

I'm in agreement with you, I flopped in that the nuke attack is mentioned almost in passing. It should be a major event, perhaps even witnessed as the group is leaving the city. Between overhead comet explosions and nukes, I think I can find a way to improve this part of the story.

Chapter #15 was a bit of an anticlimax in so far as the 4D battle for 4D Earth is concerned. This part of the narrative is alltogether too much like standard 3D Star Wars featuring mostly standard SF weaponry and other such devices. I had hoped for something else, more along the lines of a superior strategy (like Bashar Miles Teg from Dune fame, see: _http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Miles_Teg) on the part of 4D STO as a template, with well planned tactics and thoroughly coordinated on the ground improvisations in 3D, and surely some traces of such a scenario are discernable, but all of that remains rather sketchy and thereby a bit disappointing - as nothing but standard 3D guerrilla warfare is depicted, or so it seemed to me. Maybe this sole chapter needs to be reworked into a part IV of the novel, with several chapters and more details?

I've had problems with the end of the book since it was written. I was so determined to keep it to 3 parts with 5 chapters each that I foolishly placed unnecessary restrictions on the text. I'm a big Frank Herbert fan, and I know what you mean about superior strategy. John Scalzi wrote great military SF in Old Man's War, and the strategies used in that story mixed with some Dune universe stuff could really spice up the ending of SP. Another thing I should mention is that...*surprise* This is book one of a trilogy. The other two books deal with Terra joining the galactic community and eventually becoming a 6D entity. That's about all I can say about the rest of the story.

One spelling oddity: in Chapter #8 the planet D'Ankhiar is mentioned several times and first time around the link with the ankh symbol is mentioned as well, but the spelling is always off - like D'Ahnkiar, with a misplaced h.

Ack. Duly noted. I felt like mentioning D'Ankhiar was important, and I wanted to tell the story of Kantek, but I couldn't figure how to work it into the Aryan/Celt/Nordic Covenant part of the story.

These points really are all very minor and they rather pale into insignificance in regard of the novel as a whole, about which I'm really very enthused. I think it's a truly magnificent work and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my fellow forumites and to regular readers of SOTT as well, maybe. But beyond that circle, I have doubts.

I've tried several times while reading, to imagine the impact of this narrative on an average reader not acquainted with all the background knowledge most of the forumites will have of these materials, and just one word kept steadily emerging: it will be overwhelming.

This novel appears to be nothing short of a compendium of the concepts Laura and others have spent a lifetime of research, reading and networking to acquire, in the course of a specific process of personal development, within a specific social and political context, and related to doing The 4Th Way Work, among other things. All that and more will be lost to a casual reader who will be unaware of this all encompassing process of acquisition, once this novel reaches the market as a consumer item - just one SF story among many others. Whom will it serve? I have no clear answer to this question. I can only put it forward to the network to ponder over it, as I will do too.

This I think is the best point you've raised. Whom will it serve? Why bother writing a book like this anyway? I myself have been studying ontology, epistemology and eschatology for 10+ years, which is a drop in the bucket compared to some researchers. I agree that it probably would be overwhelming to the average reader. That's why I'm assembling a Wiki to accompany the book, so that the story and its themes can be explored in more depth. Take a book like Finnegans Wake or Gravity's Rainbow. Both novels are famous for being extremely complex and overwhelming, to say the least. Fans of these books created concordances and wikis to help readers understand the books from many different angles. I was inspired to write this story envisioning it as a traditional book, and a hypertext book at the same time. The wiki is still in progress but it has quite a few pages already, and the book is in the process of being hyperlinked and footnoted. The challenge with this of course, is that the wiki text and the regular text stay in sync. If anyone wants a sneak peek at the wiki, please send me a PM.

The feedback I've gotten so far from friends and family who are not familiar with the materials that inspired my novel has been positive. I remember reading a rather depressing article on SOTT awhile back that basically said, "If people haven't gotten it by now, then they're not going to get it. It's better to focus attention on those who do get it going forward." Maybe my book will make a difference, maybe not. One never knows unless one tries. I'm not writing the book to change the world, I'm writing it to tell a good story. Based on all of the feedback I've received so far, I think I have a pretty good chance of achieving that goal. Palinurus, thank you very, very much for taking time out of your busy life give me your feedback. It really means a lot and I will take what you said to heart. :)

E.E.Knight. He has a series that begins with a book called The Way of the Wolf: Book One of Vampire Earth. This book very similar to the things we see coming from Laura's channeling sessions, except put into a fictional work. I stumbled across it at the same time I was reading High Strangeness, and was convinced that I was meant to find that book.

Thanks for the tip SadEyes, I'll have to check that out. I'm sure there are more than a few writers out there covering this subject matter.

REPLAY

After frequent many similar dreams, notions and feelings recently I read the fantastic book Replay, Laura recommended or mentioned many years ago. A science fiction novel by American writer Ken Grimwood.
Curiously it ends with this sentence:

Those years, those familiar and long-past years from 1988 to 2017, were his to live again, knowing the mistakes he’d made before. This time, Peter Skjøren vowed, he would do it right.

:)

In recent years this intensifying new fresh series of dreams became a "second life" for me, where I go after sleep.. that other successful life that maybe my alterego is living in a parallel universe and its potential is merely trickling through in dreams, that successful life I always wanted to live, but never had the chance:
Always back to 19 years old. University environment and my despair, the constant stress in these new series of dreams how I will be able to cope with complex abstract thinking and analysis required for math, economics and physics, when I missed the basics that I should have mastered in high school.

In these new series of dreams (getting better and sharper with time like some favorite TV Shows having a surprising increase in production value and quality) these dreams have become sharpened in quality and freshness, focused, in recent years I met so many new more real people / actors that I began to yearn the moments leading to sleep: So I could continue that OTHER LIFE as a young man in the dream. Always young. At the start of my new life.

Remembering the great esoteric teachers' words referring to this group of terms Grimwood called REPLAY.

Regards Ken Grimwood , as usual nowadays, I felt The Plateau - Laura mentioned frequently reading a book and the author unable to get past limits in understanding - in case of the writer of this book, how far his research and exceptional imagination was able to take him, -- then in light of all the books I read here and absorbed -- looking at the central idea, what it might represent. Still a superb accomplishment by the writer, compact, to the point and creative.

I needed to read something like this. The longing for my -our- real HOME density is getting too strong now. Impatience, anger. It appears this ~life time~timeline~ may be drawing to its close.

Everything is getting more intense, filled with energy. Probably, as was mentioned during sessions, the environment and people are starting to get hit by the first licks of the 1000x times Acceleration. Until the speculated separation, where many will continue in 3rdD and a hopefully good number of us go over back to HOME, finally to satisfy and bring an end to this awful being homesick all the time and get an easing and an end to this increasing feeling of "having gotten fed up to the gills with this density". To say it very politely.

Maybe I remember it wrong, but early in the Cassiopaean Experiment, there was one time only when the answers had a really peculiar flavor and there was a question why and an immediate 6thD-communicator-change-request for one who actually had been incarnated in a body. IIRC the original 6thD member relieved confessed a revulsion toward incarnation into a flesh body.

To say it politely, observing what we are able to do here with a very limited dancing floor and what we are actively barred from here in 3rdD by power of consciousness -- what we are not allowed to do, because it would bust The Control System -- I have grown to dislike 3rdD intensely, seeing the results of my M-hacking experiments and the realization about the absolutely limited options we have here: actively watched and barred from any significant upward motion, because that would mean we could become a serious "System Buster". To use the prophetic words of Barbara.

imagecornertopright.jpg
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Patrick Tilley : Mission : Genesis
MISSION - GENESIS : How the book came to be written
The book had its beginnings in an out-of-body experience I underwent while making a determined but totally untutored attempt to meditate. What I encountered 'out there' cannot be adequately described in words and any attempt to do so merely debases the experience, but from what I have read since, I truly believe I underwent Samadhi.. Yoga adepts describe it as Union with the Ultimate Principle, Buddhists describe it as nirvana - "the dewdrop in the shining sea". It can happen at the first attempt, or never - even after a lifetime of application. I guess I was lucky, or perhaps truly blest.

The experience changed my life totally in that I found I had taken a step back from the world or - as the Sufis say - I had learned "to be in the world, but not of it". I was driven (directed..?) to relate the experience to my own life and the world around me; to put all the apparently conflicting ideas about existence together - like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle - to form a coherent pattern that made some kind of sense; a radical new synthesis that, paradoxically, was as old as Time itself.

Writing MISSION was my attempt to share this journey with others.

Although MISSION in its final form, was written in twelve months, it took more that twelve years to put together and, in a sense, it is the result of a lifetime of questioning. All kind of odd things happened to me along The Way. I would meet people who would tell me something that provided a clue, sometimes the key, to a problem I was trying to resolve. Others would thrust books upon me which seemed to fall open at the right page and I would find my eye drawn irresistibly to the line I needed to confirm some new (old) notion I'd had.

All this was nothing to what was to follow when, after a sequence of apparently unconnected events, I relocated to a new farmhouse in Wales. The woman who then owned it asked me what I was writing. I was reluctant to tell her but she insisted and I confessed with some embarrassment and a nervous laugh that I was working on 'the secret of the Universe'. But she didn't laugh and encouraged me to explain what I meant.

It was a late afternoon in October. We were sitting in an old farmhouse that had built in 1730, in a part of Snowdonia that has more than its fair share of Celtic magic. I got out my notes and tried to outline my ideas as the darkness gathered around us. My host listened intently for a while then stood up from the table saying: "I think I have some books that have been waiting for you." She went up into the attic and returned carrying a dust-covered cardboard box of books written by a guy called Rudolph Steiner.

Now while my general knowledge is fairly good there are great gaps in it, especially in the field of literature. I had never heard of this guy but, apparently, he had been very big on the esoteric religion scene between 1900 and 1920. His main claim to fame is for his enlightened and radical approach to child education which is still being applied in 'Steiner Schools' in Europe and the USA. The story was this: my host's mother had been an ardent fan and member of the Tbeosophical Society and had passed on copies of Steiner's books to her daughter. But knowing she wasn't all that interested, her mother had written her name on the flyleaf so she wouldn't give the books away. And so they had been lying unopened, gathering dust, for several decades.

Waiting...

Imagine my astonishment when I began (by candlefight) to read the first book from the pile and discovered that paragraphs from my notes matched paragraphs out of Steiner's book - some sentences were word for word! It was an amazing experience - like going on an intellectual binge. My brain went into overdrive and I devoured the entire collection, reading till dawn, several nights in a row.

Page after page revealed to me things that I already 'knew' through my out-of-body experience and when I went out each day to walk the surrounding hills I realised I was relating to the earth and sky in a totally new way. I was coming into harmony with the universe and, for the first time, I 'saw' the landscape - clearer and brighter than ever before - was able to 'feel' it, was able to become part of the 'One-ness'.

Finally, in another of Steiner's books, written around 1908, I came across a passage in which he stated that someone would come along later in the century and reinterpret these truths/secrets for a wider audience. I know it sounds presumptuous but, as I read those lines, I knew, with absolute certainty that that was what I had to do. That was my mission. Kind of corny in a way but that's just how it happened and, from what other readers have told me about their reaction to the book, it is clear it wasn't a waste of time and effort.

A lot of people think I must be an American (probably Jewish) and must know a great deal about religion. I'm neither and I don't. The amazing thing about putting all this stuff together is that most of it came down through the top of my head - intuited knowledge which only later, when I started to dig into various books, did I find that bits of it had been set down here and there by far greater minds than my own. What I did - almost by accident - was to draw the ideas together into a coherent proposition that might convince a non-believer in the second half of the 20th century.

Some Templars from Switzerland made contact with me because they were convinced I belonged to one of their Orders. Apparently I had revealed many things which they regarded as their deepest Inner Mysteries and were curious to know who had directed me to 'go public'.

It was an encounter which served to confirm my belief that all knowledge already exists and is within our reach. Learning is the act of discovering what we already 'know'.

Insight. We just have to tune in on the right wavelength.

The thing is - Jesus - The Christ Event/Mystery - transcends Christianity. What he represents concerns the whole world. And if the story is spiced with humour, it is because I believe religion is too important a subject to take seriously.

Think about that...

MISSION is not my first book and is not the last but there wont/can't be another like it. Not from me, anyway. But the ideas and the beliefs behind it colour all my writing. And none of it could have happened without the support and inspiration provided by my wife Janine - companion, friend and wise counsel. A terrific lady.

As to who or what I am...well, I'm just an ordinary guy who writes because it provides an enormous amount of creative satisfaction and because, like most people, I need to keep the bank off my back. I don't own a suit, drive a second-hand car and when I'm not writing, I pump water, repair fences, make things in wood and try to keep the dogs happy now that we've sold the last of our sheep. The usual country bumpkin stuff.

So far, so good.... May The Spirit be in you and with you.

Patrick Tilley

OOPs .. This here is the first part of my premature triggerhappy earlier post re: Patrick Tilley, author of Mission.

I was lent this book by a work colleague about 8 years ago, he inexplicably thought I might like it. I was mightily charmed and engrossed in it all the way through. I have re-read it many times (once a year) until a few years ago and just refreshed on it.

The author sticks with a SF prose all the way with many deeply thought provoking moments in constantly changing stressful situations laced with alot of very witty humor without it being (to me) ever getting preachy. On the lastest read I picked up more on the story's strong theme on the simultaneity of time. Only big puzzlement I got this time was late into the book he had on a very surprising take on Paul of Tsarsus..that is something I will dive into on the Religion material here on the forum to sift out.

The three reviews on the authors website do the book justice I think, much more so than the thin reviews on Amazon.

Always a great read, think it could really gel with some folks here

Back
Top Bottom