Any suggestions for a quick summer low budget trip? (From Mexico)

Marina9

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hey everyone!
Im trying to look for any places to go this summer for just one week, I feel like traveling alone and having some me time. I currently live in Mexico City so i can't go thaat far, but i would like to get out of the country and have som fresh air jeje.

:D

marinarm2890 said:
Hey everyone!
Im trying to look for any places to go this summer for just one week, I feel like traveling alone and having some me time. I currently live in Mexico City so i can't go thaat far, but i would like to get out of the country and have som fresh air jeje.

:D

Your own country is a fantastic place - have you seen it all? I have travelled all over Mexico - it is full of wonders and the air is fine once you get away from Mex DF.

The thing with travel is the cost of the flight. Where can you fly cheaply and how expensive is the place you land? And for 1 week you can not go far - too much time chewed up by travel. And the summer? Hot if you go south unless to go to the mountains. Hot in the Carib, Central America, Yucatan.

so - Canada? expensive when you get there as is the US.
San Juan Costa Rica? Kind of a boring city but surrounded by lots of jungle and wildlife if you like a nature / wildlife trip.
Quito Ecuador?
Cuzco / Macchu Picchu in Peru? Ruinas fantasicos with a mysterious history. (be careful in Lima of course, but no worse than where you live!)
Cuba?
A one week cruise to ... ? alaska?

Just throwing out some ideas - I was a travel agent for many years.

do your homework - read - study the history - ask yourself 'where am I called to go?'
and 'what idea/place do i find exciting?'

and ask yourself - 'what do i like to do?'
and then 'can i do what I like to do in this place I am thinking of going to?'

this is a good opportunity to learn about your self.

I'd recommend the Mayan Pyramids in the Yucatan and elsewhere. Also, some of the best beaches in the world are right next door.

I see, we are past summer now. Have you ever been to Taxco?
The mid-20th Century silver jewelry comes from that area. They say the silver museums are fabulous. Quite a lot to see for a smaller town. Hope to visit one day.

It's always good to go for a change of airs, but I'm afraid you will need to at least stay on the continent to keep low budget.

Definitely there is no better cure than travelling. One can find solution to everything when he changes place. I am interested in Halloween's eve some cheap suggestions?? Anyone better informed?

I'd recommend the Mayan Pyramids in the Yucatan and elsewhere. Also, some of the best beaches in the world are right next door.

Tulum is so beautiful. Cenote diving is a treat. Surf casting for fish is great there. I guess it is the white sand that makes the water into such a soft, warm, beautiful aquamarine.

Have you considered Savannah, GA? It is a lovely small city. So much to see and do. The vibe there is really nice. I have done short term urban camping there (in my car). I had a membership at the YMCA, so I could shower there. That is about as low budget as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom