Any Chinese speakers? New blog

Chu

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Hi, just a few days ago, a Chinese reader wrote to Cass.org asking Laura about any available translations of her material into Chinese, and said she had already found some on a Chinese site. I replied to her/him with my basic Chinese suggesting that she/he helped us with that, and got this back immediately after:

这两个blog有Cassiopaea中文,
http://qun2012.blog.163.com/blog/static/89446015201171345852817/ 和
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/articlelist_2290658321_0_1.html.
这两个blog的文章具体地址http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8888ac110100v6nw.html
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8888ac110100v6pp.html
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8888ac110100tpgm.html ....和
http://qun2012.blog.163.com/blog/static/89446015201123034918222/
http://qun2012.blog.163.com/blog/static/8944601520112304947124/
http://qun2012.blog.163.com/blog/static/894460152011429102450649/....

So it seems that quite a lot has been translated. Could some of our Chinese speaking members have a look and see whether it is accurate or not, and find out if anything is say about the people who created those posts? it's just to see if there are any red flags. If it is OK, then we can publish on a Cass subpage, but first we need to make sure that the translation is good.

Also, did they cite the source each time?

Thanks!

Hi Ailen,

This person's mandarin is very proficient, as for its accuracy, I'm afraid my mandarin is not good enough to interpret. The last post regarding the content on Cassiopaea forum was on October 16th, 2011 (4 days ago). The person seems to have come to the conclusion that he/she is STS, and previous translations were made to encourage others to seek STO. This last post has 629 views with 19 replies, and I think there 523 followers to this site. I read a few comments to the post, and it seems that there are some people who really want to continue reading Cassiopaea contents, but the translator is no longer going to translate.

Maybe this is why the Chinese reader has offered to help translate? I think it is one person doing the translations, and he/she has linked the forum to his/her last post, but not the sessions. I've read passages, and they seem to be very accurate, but again I cannot be sure. Also, he has translated a few parts of the Black Plague article, and linked it with smoking. This was done yesterday.

If you would like my help in corresponding with the person, please let me know.

Correction: On the sessions translated, he did not link the website. On his last post, he linked the cassiopaea transcripts site on this forum.

Sorry, I've made a huge mistake!

The person has NOT come to the conclusion he is STS, but rather he said he is STS at the moment. If I may, here is a translation (to my best ability) so as to not make any more mistakes and inaccuracy.

说明:
Notice:

关于Laura的波场系列,再后续有很多是无关痛痒的提示,今后将不定期更新... 今天是周日,也差不多该对这个博客做个总结。

"Regarding Laura's Wave topic, further reading has many notices/points irrelevant to our primary concerns, from today on I will not continue to update regularly... Today is a Sunday, and it's about time for a summary on this topic."

波场,我们这个时代最伟大的经历和遭遇,我是希望和期待每个同胞每个阅读这个博客的人能够以肉体+精神的方式去体验去经历,而要想感受波场,必须先经历彗星团的攻击以及不可预见的地球变化。这是知识储备系列的意义。

"The wave is the greatest experience and encounter in this Age, I hope and expect every fellow, every person who is reading this blog can experience through the way of body and mind, and to experience the wave, one must first experience/notice the attacks on the Cassiopaea group and the unforeseeable changes in our world. This is the significance of knowledge.

观察和学习金融能够在不经意间提高自己判断事物的能力,原因大家会在本章中发现

By observing and learning one will inadvertently raise one's ability to judge/perceive the matters (in this world), and you will discover it through these chapters (transcripts)

请每个人去关注自己身边和世界发生的一切,去观察自己感兴趣的每件事,然后大家同在第四密度,我们大家彼此可以心灵相通,知识即在瞬间传播,心灵感应...这些是不是很爽让你很兴奋?呵呵,没错,我觉得挺爽的,因此我是在享受物理性的体验,这是STS的显著特征之一。

Everyone, please be aware of your surroundings and whatever is happening in this world, observe everything of interest, and follow the Fourth Way, we can all empathize, knowledge is being spread and the soul can feel it... Doesn't this make you excited? That's right, it's a nice feeling, and so I enjoy the physical experience, which is one of the salient features of STS.

大家不必觉得惊讶,没错,目前我就是STS。之前写的一两篇文章,不过是为了鼓励一些人选择STO模式。

Please don't be surprised, that's right, at the moment I am STS. The previous one or two articles I wrote were, however (or nonetheless?), were written in order to encourage people to choose STO mode.

Again, I'm very sorry! I've read through this a few times already and have tried to make it as accurate as possible. If anyone else can read, please help.

The link:
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8888ac110100v8nb.html

Thanks Eddie! I'm still not sure what to make of it. It might be worth contacting the author of those posts (does he give his contact info?), indeed. There might be someone who is willing to translate some more if they know that we can also publish it, or link to it. It would be better if we had a way to check on what they are discussing, in case things get a bit distorted. But if the translation is good, that's already something! And he is encouraging people to observe and learn, even if he might not get it completely. I don't know.

This person's English is quite basic, so I had to guess what she was asking for:

hi,laura.I come from China,I find the Cassiopaea in a Chinese web,and then I find your web here.My English is not very well,but I want to read more Cassiopaea.So I want to ask you that you can release Chinese web to translate your web into Chinese.If it is hard,can you translate your web for a bit into Chinese.Thank you.

I didn't know about any other translations, so I replied with this:

XieXiangYu, 你好!

我叫楚林。 我是Laura的译者。对不起,但是我的中文不好。 不幸的 是, 我们没有中文Cassiopaea的网站.
你要的时候,你可以翻译一些Laura 的文章。完毕后,做它,我门很高兴将它发布我门的网站.

谢谢你!我门很高兴你喜欢Laura的研究。

楚林

Then I got that list of links. I'm therefore not sure that she is part of that group/website. She might just be one of their readers.

Maybe we could take it from there and contact her too asking her if she knows who created that site, and if there are other translators who are planning on translating more of the material? I'd certainly like to be in contact with some Chinese people if they are interested, and perhaps we could finally have a bigger translators' group for your language. ;)

Eddie said:
If you would like my help in corresponding with the person, please let me know.

That would be great, thanks. Let's wait to see if some other forum member has any more information to add, and then I'll Cc you in the exchange so that you can help with your GOOD Chinese/Taiwanese. Because we won't get very far with mine, LOL!

Thanks Alien,

I think your Mandarin is great considering you haven't used it in a while (I assume)!

Unfortunately, while I'm able to translate the basics, I'm really not confident with my mandarin and this is why I became inactive in the translation group. I'm sorry for this. Even then, translating the above took quite a while.

Nonetheless, if I can help with the corresponding, I'm more than happy to.

Ok, I’ve read through the entire first chapter, word for word, of this piece of translation. I would firstly call it (at best) a subjective interpretation of the Wave materials, or (at worst) an unfaithful translation of the original. They are extrapolating what they want, and leaving out a lot of other, potentially useful, parts.

I get this impression especially from the blog itself, which, firstly, contains a lot of other works, by people who are not necessarily recommended by Laura, and/or who are in opposition to her works.

Now, even though there are lots of writings that are connected to the Wave, the C’s , and Laura, look at his description of the Wave, chapters 6 and 7. His attitude here towards the work is quite telling:

_http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8888ac110100y7kz.html

[quote author=” cassiopaea的博客”]在波場系列第六和第七章節中,除了Laura對個人生活的不滿和發洩外,沒有太多有用的東西.當然,她也一直在和C's抱怨,說幹嗎不把問題的答案說得清楚點,直接告訴我得了.我們可以意識到,一個對什麼都不太瞭解的女人,突然間要接觸那麼多神奇而又複雜的知識體系時,茫然,無知,無助是可能的;而在既定的C's現場試驗後,那個Roger教授因為種種原因不再與C's接觸了,所以物理領域的同伴也沒有了... [/quote]

Below is my translation:

[quote author=” Robin”]On the sixth and seventh chapters (of the Wave), apart from Laura’s dissatisfaction with life and her outcries, there isn’t much that is useful. She keeps complaining at the C’s, asking them why they won’t answer the questions more clearly. We can see that, for a woman for really doesn’t understand anything, to suddenly contact such a mysterious and complicated body of knowledge, her blindness, her ignorance, and her helplessness is possible (understandable). And, after the C’s test drive, professor Roger, for certain reasons, didn’t want to contact the C’s anymore, so she didn’t have a partner in physics anymore…[/quote]

So, as you can see, this person is only giving a summary of the book. He skips entire chapters, not to mention giving a lot of his own interpretation

However, all in all, it’s still a workable piece, in my opinion, and I would love to have a go translating the Wave myself, using his interpretation as a template.

Here are some examples that highlight the problems of the text:

A: They constantly cycle.
A:迴圈,比如一個圓圈。
Q: (L) Does it have something to do with the movement of the planet Earth into it or does it move onto us?
A: Either or.
Q: (F) Does this convention or convergence have something to do with the fact that there are living beings on the Earth?
A: Yes. And because you are at critical juncture in development.
Q: (L) I would like to know in terms of prophecy if the prophecies you gave us in the first session are still valid and upcoming?
Q:(L)我想知道你們在最初給我們的一些預言是否有效或正在發展中?
A: They are evolving.
A:這些“預言”在不斷“進化”

This person didn’t translate the whole chunk in the middle, only the bit at the top, then at the bottom. I don’t think it is good translation practice to just “skip” whatever you feel like, so I will have to translate those missing parts myself.

He also sometimes adds his own words, for example:

A: Self-explanatory. Think.
A:不證自明。建議思考

He translates “think” as “Thinking suggested”, but the original English version does not include the word “suggested.” I would personally suggest that the ellipsis should be left there, and that the Chinese version should also have the corresponding ellipsis present.

Next, look at this example:

A: The Grand Cycle is about to close presenting a unique opportunity.
A:大週期(The grand cycle)即將結束,同時帶給你們一個獨特的機會

Ok, The way he translates it says that “the closing of the grand cycle presents YOU with a unique opportunity”, but in the original, it doesn’t say who this unique opportunity is for (could be a “unique opportunity” for the C’s too, no?).

Now, I think that his word usage can be questionable in many instances, such as:

密度=density.

But 度 implies degree, like 甜度, the “degree of sweetness”, I would suggest密層, which gives a sense of level.
He adds some of his own commentaries on his interpretation. I would suggest deleting those and just trying to stick as close to the original as possible:

A: Realm border.
A:宇宙泡沫的邊界(Realm Border) 是的.(本博管理者:這也就意味著我們先經歷彗星團等的襲擊,然後在波場的幫助下進化)

In his commentary, after (Realm Border), he says: “In my opinion: This also means that we will first experience the cometary onslaught, then, with the help of the wave, we will evolve.”

To be honest, I don’t even agree with his interpretation of ‘Realm Border’, a “Border Of The Universal Bubble”?! Hmm…

Now, look here:

A: It is an opportunity, as in an opportunity to affect whole universe. Picture cosmic playing of “Pomp and Circumstance” AKA “Hope and Glory.”
A:這是一個機會。作為一個機會去改變整個空間/時間。

He only says that “it’s an opportunity to change the whole of space/time, but doesn’t mention the “Pomp and Circumstance” AKA “Hope and Glory” parts. I think it should still be included, with editor’s notes.

Ok, now:

Q: (L) So, a dimensional curtain is a point at which some sort of change takes place… what causes this change?
Q:(L)時空轉換意味著在某個點發生了些改變,什麼改變了?
A: Nature.
A:自然過程

Well, he translates “Nature” into Chinese as “Natural Process(es)”, which is one interpretation, sure, but “Nature” could be referring to the “Natural world” in English as well, so the word ‘Nature’ holds an ambiguous meaning.

‘Natural world’ translated into Chinese is “大自然”. I suggest putting Chinese notes explaining the possible ambiguity of the original answer.

Finally, there are no translations of the footnotes, so those will have to be done ourselves too.

Feedback would be much appreciated!

I hope this helps,
Robin

Very disturbing to read all that for the following reason:

When we began the Cs experiment we were, to some extent, the typical product of New Age seeking at the time. However, none of the standard or New Age answers/solutions really fit all the parameters of the problems of our reality. I felt there was more which is why we began the experiment.

Nowadays, much of the information/ideas/concepts that WE brought through and shared have become "common property" even if often corrupted. So it is particularly galling to see that our work, the end result of that long process, is now being used to judge us AT THE BEGINNING OF IT. Further, that my sharing of that process which explains how the growth and change of perspective took place is being denigrated in this way.

There's a funny bit in one of the transcripts about it back in 1997:

Q: (L) Since we were discussing it, may I ask about the Kryon
material?
A: If you wish.
Q: (L) Can we be more specific. Is the Kryon source one from
a higher density?
A: "Source" of most things in your density is, in one way or
another, from a higher density.
Q: (L) Okay, I understand that, but what I want to know is
this particular source a Being from a higher density who
calls itself Kryon?
A: Infer as you see fit!
Q: (J) If you excuse the expression, you have to consider the
source. (L) Now, it occurred to me tonight while writing
to J, and it rather jumped into my mind while thinking how
best to answer his questions, that it was very strange
that Val was virtually begging me for every session I had
transcribed, and I sent them to him as they were done, he
called every week to discuss them, and then suddenly
silence, no responses, and virtually in the next week
after the last contact, he produces Alex Collier and the
Andromedans. And, the funny thing I thought about
recently is that Andromeda was the daughter of Cassiopia!
The only thing is, there is a core of information in the
Andromedan stuff that is so similar, but it is wrapped in
3rd density garbage. Is it possible that the reason for
this strange interaction is that the material I sent him
has been, shall we say, borrowed?
A: Influences derived from our messages to you are to be seen
more and more due to your widespread sharing of same.

Q: (L) Well, I am not objecting... I just want people to hear
it, so I don't really mind...
A: Good, perhaps, but... there is much opportunity for
corruption!

Q: (L) Well, that is certainly true, considering the stuff
that is coming back to me about the "Wave." But, all my
internet postings are dated, so it would be fairly easy to
track.

My suggestion would be that you could create a blog where you, as an individual, not an official rep of Cass, could write commentary on this other guy's translations and commentary, showing how he is twisting and distorting the material as well as eliminating some of the most important aspects of the sharing of my path?

It would also be helpful for you to network more with us here so that your own growth and understanding is enhanced and you can eventually become an "official rep" that way.

What do you think?

Laura said:
My suggestion would be that you could create a blog where you, as an individual, not an official rep of Cass, could write commentary on this other guy's translations and commentary, showing how he is twisting and distorting the material as well as eliminating some of the most important aspects of the sharing of my path?

It would also be helpful for you to network more with us here so that your own growth and understanding is enhanced and you can eventually become an "official rep" that way.

What do you think?

I think that's an excellent idea: "Give what is asked for by a lie: Truth." If you need technical assistance/resources in setting up a blog, we can support you.

Robin Turner said:
On the sixth and seventh chapters (of the Wave), apart from Laura’s dissatisfaction with life and her outcries, there isn’t much that is useful. She keeps complaining at the C’s, asking them why they won’t answer the questions more clearly. We can see that, for a woman for really doesn’t understand anything, to suddenly contact such a mysterious and complicated body of knowledge, her blindness, her ignorance, and her helplessness is possible (understandable). And, after the C’s test drive, professor Roger, for certain reasons, didn’t want to contact the C’s anymore, so she didn’t have a partner in physics anymore…

So, as you can see, this person is only giving a summary of the book. He skips entire chapters, not to mention giving a lot of his own interpretation

However, all in all, it’s still a workable piece, in my opinion, and I would love to have a go translating the Wave myself, using his interpretation as a template.

Wow, whoever translated that not only made mincemeat of it, they flung chunks of it back at Laura!

For the Wave, I wouldn't touch their template if I were you, but if parts of it are sufficiently accurate then I guess the garbage can be tossed.

I don't read Mandarin/Chinese, but from the left-hand sidebar on the site, they do appear to have attracted a few followers/commenters. So I agree that in the meantime it would be a great service to truth to dismantle their ridiculous commentary and 'translation'.

Yeah, unfortunately, there is always somebody like that, in several languages. I agree that maybe it's time to get something going in Mandarin ourselves, to counteract their BS. That usually has a very good effect on people who were originally attracted to that material but are honest seekers and can realize the distortions when we present them with more accurate translations.

How many Chinese speakers are there in our forum now, and how many could give a hand putting something together? Eddie, are you still around? Anyone else apart from Robin T.?

[quote author= “Laura”]So it is particularly galling to see that our work, the end result of that long process, is now being used to judge us AT THE BEGINNING OF IT.[/quote]

Even though it wasn’t me who wrote the Chinese, I just translated it, I still feel bad that you had to read those words, given how, the Wave, as a body of work, is so important as it is, EVERY single word of it.

But, from the body of his "work", I don't think he is intentionally trying to be insulting, he just doesn't understand. I remember that the Chinese are quite pragmatic, overly so sometimes, so they often don't see how doing the research and finding answers that way is the whole point of the path.

I once leant the book "The sociopath next door" to a neighbor, and she reported that it just "kept repeating itself" over and over again in slightly different ways, without any practical guidelines to follow. This is quite telling of how a lot of Chinese people I've come across view things, they don't understand that the whole point is to reflect upon the finer points, to make sense of your own memories and experiences THROUGH the new perspectives offered by the book, then to do your own research that enriches the new world view.

They want to hold on to their old world view, but just aquire new, artificial tools to protect themselves... But I guess this tendancy isn't unique to the Chinese.

Even the title of "The Sociopath Next Door" is, staggeringly: "4% of the population do not have a conscience, what do I do?!" See how the organic growth of the mind, the notions of "waking up to something that you weren't aware of before", as suggested in the original title, is twisted into a dead, practical how-to book?

While translating the above, I was very careful to do it as accurately and honestly as I could. This feeling of responsibility drove the whole process. Frankly, it boggles my mind that someone would translate a piece of work without that sense.

I think it’s a very low blow to take someone’s work and butcher it in that fashion, since the original author cannot even defend themselves against such attacks, nor even know of its existence/influence.

[quote author= “Laura”]My suggestion would be that you could create a blog where you, as an individual, not an official rep of Cass, could write commentary on this other guy's translations and commentary, showing how he is twisting and distorting the material as well as eliminating some of the most important aspects of the sharing of my path?

What do you think?[/quote]

That would be a dream come true, thank you.

I will try my best, and my wife told me last night that she will help too.

I am wary of the potential attacks that will come of this though. Any suggestions to be totally safe, should we join the fellowship of the cosmic mind, for example?

[quote author= Data]If you need technical assistance/resources in setting up a blog, we can support you.[/quote]

Yes, please, I haven’t a clue how to even get started.

Robin

Robin Turner said:
I am wary of the potential attacks that will come of this though. Any suggestions to be totally safe, should we join the fellowship of the cosmic mind, for example?

That's up to you. If I remember correctly, wordpress.com allows you to create an anonymous blog, and you can choose the level of privacy (e.g. hiding your email address etc.) if you are concerned.

All my suggestions might be off, so keep networking here and wait for the input of others.

I can recommend to use JonDo Live-DVD (_https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/software_more.html) or Tails (_https://tails.boum.org/index.en.html). It will an additional security layer.

Update:

I’ve just scanned through all 368 articles on this blog. Saved the ones that had anything to do with the C’s (Transcripts, articles, the Wave) and leaving the rest.

This guy mostly analyses gold markets and other matters to do with finance. He also puts in news about extreme weather and other “Earth Changes,” attributing them to the ‘oncoming Wave’. I didn’t deem them necessary for saving.

He also goes into other works by David Icke and other new agey things.

[quote author=”Laura”]When we began the Cs experiment we were, to some extent, the typical product of New Age seeking at the time. However, none of the standard or New Age answers/solutions really fit all the parameters of the problems of our reality. I felt there was more which is why we began the experiment. [/quote]

Spot on, and this blogger just grouped your work with other typical New age teachings, from the looks of it.

As I said, the interest on this blog is BELIEVING the C’s, so they’ve missed the whole point.

Next:

[quote author=”Laura”]My suggestion would be that you could create a blog where you, as an individual, not an official rep of Cass, could write commentary on this other guy's translations and commentary, showing how he is twisting and distorting the material as well as eliminating some of the most important aspects of the sharing of my path? [/quote]

Certainly, but I’ve been thinking… On the SOTT forum, we find:

[quote author=”SOTT Forum]We strongly discourage people from reading the Cassiopaean transcripts on their own, outside of the context provided by Laura's work, as in our experience people often misinterpret them and tend to project their own ideas, beliefs, and biases onto them. Therefore we advise the reader[/quote]

_http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13581.0.html

This is mostly what this blogger does, and his visitors do the same thing, commenting on what the C’s say without the context of Laura’s work, and, from what I can see, the result is just extreme corruption and, ultimately, disinformation/lies.

With that in mind, I don’t think it would be helpful to write commentaries on his translation of the transcripts, but, rather, to write commentaries on his translation of the Wave materials.

If I write commentaries on his translations of the transcripts by themselves, then wouldn’t I, myself, also be “reading the Cassiopaean transcripts on their own, outside of the context provided by Laura's work?”

Besides, how can I be the judge of the correct interpretation of the C’s transcripts?

Next I will be working on the introduction of the blog, where I will make my position on these crystal clear. Any suggestions/support would be appreciated (Thanks Data and Altair).

Robin

Back
Top Bottom