Any advice on banks?

SHNAGFNAY

Jedi Master
I am thinking of changing bank and I don't want to use any Swedish bank.

I can't give a straight answer as of why but I feel bad vibes.

The first thought that pops into my head is using a US bank that has credit cards that works in Sweden.

2 concrete things are; the Swedish banks aren't allowing bitcoin, and my bank not supporting my web browser of choice.

I looked at another bank, and they will only support some browsers updating their bank sites.

But the real reason is on me, I just feel I must change bank.

Or is there a better country of choice regarding banking?

That's a really hard question to give a sound answer to R-ME because I would suggest its a bit like asking which devil is best; the one with the red hat or the one with the yellow pants! Banks are banks.

If it was me having this conversation with myself, I would say to myself something like (1) don't touch a US bank with a barge-pole (2) don't touch any cryptocurrency with a barge-pole (isn't it interesting that all the Joe-soaps are rushing madly into crypto whilst at the same time all the devils are buying up every tangible asset possible i.e. land, gold, real estate, etc. Something in that I suspect!!!!) (3) if I must change bank, then go local, go small, and accept some down side such as they may not be very good at pretending banking is about digital bells and whistles but actually care about security and probity i.e. check out who owns them, do they care for your local economy, do they have a solid balance sheet, do they trade derivatives and speculate - and worst of all, are they actually owned by an American bank!!!

And whatever I did, I absolutely wouldn't get a credit (debt) card at this time. That's called signing up for your own enslavement.

But most importantly

The first thought that pops into my head
I just feel I must change bank.

I'm just wondering if your bored or something... because I don't understand from your post why this is such an issue for you? :-)

I read on and turns out it can be difficult to get a card from countries one doesn't live in.

That's a really hard question to give a sound answer to R-ME because I would suggest its a bit like asking which devil is best; the one with the red hat or the one with the yellow pants! Banks are banks.

I would then prefer a red hat over the yellow pants. 😛

then go local, go small

Me talking to me - there isn't any such banks here (that I know of) - if speaking business wise. There are normal banks and probably other forms of banks, like there is a bank who focuses on insurances that has offices throughout the country, and the bank I use focuses on retail food business and insurances with malls in every city.

Speaking of malls.. the sodas I like are gone replaced with sodas I don't like. 😬

I'm just wondering if your bored or something... because I don't understand from your post why this is such an issue for you? :-)

Will change bank if possible but on a deeper note:

I welcome any obstacle in my everyday life with gratitude because I need them to maintain my brains stability and grow.

I don't know if this will be useful, R_ME, but Katherine Austin Fitts gives some advice on how to choose a local bank that invests in your community (along the lines of Michael's third point). She likes to say that banking with evil global banks and investing in the corporations that are trying to enslave us is like building our own prison.

Here's one article from her website:

So, the big deal then is that you want to play with crypto but your bank won't make the transfer?

Stumbled upon a nifty little fintech called "Revolut" the other day - it looks like they're available in Sweden and service crypto transfers naturally - can't say anything more about them.

Going to reiterate Michael B-C's point though - banks are banks are banks! They're all devils!

Catherine Austin Fitts has a guide on choosing banks based on trustworthiness, strength of character of their leaders and other stuff. She has a lot of financial knowledge coming from her prior line of work and knowing what happens behind closed doors in the upper echelons of society. You can read more here on her website here.
I doubt her advice when she's using a debit card. That's one of my top rules, no debit cards for checking accounts, or at least frozen debit cards for checking accounts.
My banker said, “Your debit card was just charged for tickets to Disney World Paris.

The only bank you can trust is your own bank. If you can make a bank then, being in control of your assets is as sure as the expiry date of the assets. The assets might be money, metals, seeds, computer chips, books, low tech tools, solar chips and wiring, batteries, water purification tablets, etc.
My 2 cents.

I doubt her advice when she's using a debit card. That's one of my top rules, no debit cards for checking accounts, or at least frozen debit cards for checking accounts.
What's the problem with using a debit card? What else would you do with a bank but use it for debit? If you're using it for savings, you're doing it wrong...

What's the problem with using a debit card? What else would you do with a bank but use it for debit? If you're using it for savings, you're doing it wrong...
The problem with debit cards is fraud and lack of consumer protections law in the US for debit card fraud. In contrast, consumer protection laws for credit cards are much stronger.

They're called checking accounts because of this thing called checks.

I agree with @United Gnosis. Besides, having a basic account product as opposed to a cheque account might not allow online transactions. The only secret is to keep just enough funds to cover the bank charges. The fraud then it is easy to demonstrate and banks do not like fraud cases. Neither do fraudsters, although I think that they do not really care about small fish.
With the credit cards, I would also agree, but only if the credit limit is very small.

General Flynn says maybe we should listen for the words, "continuing resolution" in the news feed coming soon. He thinks something's up and not in a good way. Cash will be king for awhile if things go south, I'm thinking.

Fire up the Money Printer! Janet Yellen Warns of Treasury Default, Urges Congress to Raise Debt Ceiling

I attached Janet Yellen"s letter to Nancy Pelosi

Screenshot_20210911_154105.jpg

General Flynn says maybe we should listen for the words, "continuing resolution" in the news feed coming soon. He thinks something's up and not in a good way. Cash will be king for awhile if things go south, I'm thinking.

Fire up the Money Printer! Janet Yellen Warns of Treasury Default, Urges Congress to Raise Debt Ceiling

I attached Janet Yellen"s letter to Nancy Pelosi

View attachment 49305

This just might be the big collapse, October 15th is the date some are predicting, hoping many will have cash handy to struggle though at least for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom