Anti-American paranoia

SummerLite said:
I suppose it would depend on what statistics your looking at Perceval in terms of the 1% on that particular day.This wasn't a one day affair but lasted for years after the war started with 10's of thousands still trying to influence change. Some demonstrations where still occurring as late as 2012. In looking at other countries that where protesting around the same time, what percentages of those populations came out to make their voices heard? In any given population, how many people will actually get it together to do something like this? Over all I'd say we had a very good turn out that lasted for many years.

I really don't believe in judgment from a higher source, lessons yes, but not judgment. Judgment comes from humans. What do you think the people here could have done to stop this? What can they do now? Nothing is the answer and its not for lack of trying. The people in this country are the same as any other, human beings. Take any group in the world and plop them down in the US (going back in history) and how would they be any different now? I know people who are nearly totally mind controlled with all the nonsense their fed and they don't have the capacity to figure out much of anything. But I don't condemn them for that, there on a different learning curve. I can still respect and love them. It's taken me most of my life to learn that. So living here and knowing people all over the country, I know the goodness in them from experience. Its a much different perspective for others that are outside looking in and are influenced by all the hate being spewed this way. And of course the world wide media encourages this to see Americans as corrupted and complicit. Haven't you heard of the heavy mind control that goes on here? So how responsible are people suppose to be with this mind scrambling going on when so many are rather simple minded anyway. There are no excuses you may say.

It seems the reactions to a corrupt government are laid on the backs of the people, how convenient. Hatred is such a ugly face of god.

I suppose it'll feel like judgement but it won't be, it is, as you say, just lessons. But there are so many authoritarian followers around these days, not just in the USA. They're a really dangerous breed because they will literally happily walk straight into an internment camp in the belief that the "government knows what it is doing". I don't judge them, but I make sure to stay well away from them if possible. I can understand why you are feeling this way. You seem to recognise the dire state of the situation and the people, and are feeling the desperation and looking for a way to make it just a little better. I don't think that's the best approach though. I think it might make you feel a bit better if you tried not to identify with "those people", they have their lessons to learn and choices to make, you have your own. :)

Obviously it's impossible to know for sure unless you asked every person in the US, but my impression is that most US citizens fall into one of two categories:

a) those who have an opinion on what's going on in the world and that opinion comes directly from the US media, and is therefore totally wrong

b) those who have no clue about what is going on in the world outside of their local area, and they're not really interested.

I think the point is that because the overwhelming majority in the US believe so many of the lies and remain unaware of what's going on in the world, even in the internet age, that the chances of cosmic reactions hitting where so much evil has been emanating from for so long is very high. It's not really a "judgement from god" in the common way of thinking. It's what's needed for balancing on the planet to make life (particularly intelligent life) still viable for the lessons to be learned. Taking all that into consideration, try to arrange your life in ways that will align with this reality.

I know it's hard, but to panic or get depressed isn't going to change anything, and will not help to make the best of the situation. Take things a step at a time to prepare yourself for the most likely scenarios.

ADDED: Just saw your new reply, Perceval.

Perceval said:
Obviously it's impossible to know for sure unless you asked every person in the US, but my impression is that most US citizens fall into one of two categories:

a) those who have an opinion on what's going on in the world and that opinion comes directly from the US media, and is therefore totally wrong

b) those who have no clue about what is going on in the world outside of their local area, and they're not really interested.

That's my assessment, as well. Living in the US, listening and watching what people do, what you wrote above is basically what I see. I know there are others who are aware of what is really going on, but for the most part, the above are in the majority.

Its good to hear these level headed and clear sighted perspectives. I've a crash course in reality check going on.

But there are so many authoritarian followers around these days, not just in the USA. They're a really dangerous breed because they will literally happily walk straight into an internment camp in the belief that the "government knows what it is doing". I don't judge them, but I make sure to stay well away from them if possible. I can understand why you are feeling this way. You seem to recognise the dire state of the situation and the people, and are feeling the desperation and looking for a way to make it just a little better. I don't think that's the best approach though.

Very sobering. That pulls things together quite well. Much to ponder and a important point in all this. Thanks Perceval. Haven't studied the "authoritarian scenario " yet and need to get a grip on that. Will be helpful I'm sure.

I think it might make you feel a bit better if you tried not to identify with "those people", they have their lessons to learn and choices to make, you have your own. :)

Good point.

Also good to hear from people here in the US. What your point of view as to whats happening in the country, what you see around you. How you've removed yourself and the importance of doing so. This "inside observation" is valuable in pulling tactics together. I've not had any input from others about these things and the networking is crucial. thanks everyone. I am feeling stronger today and your words help a lot.

Learning about authoritarians is a must, since they are roughly 50% of the population. :O Bob Altemeyer has provided his book online for free http://members.shaw.ca/jeanaltemeyer/drbob/TheAuthoritarians.pdf

I have little tolerance for authoritarians, but over time, I have found them to be the perfect petty tyrants.

The real cognitive dissonance comes in every day experience. Meeting a psychopath or authoritarian messes with your head, so it's vital to read and understand as much as you can so you don't get led down a primrose path. They can make a lot of sense and be quite intelligent in very narrow areas of life. This tends to make your mind want to take them seriously as an intelligent human, you start projecting, so when they speak absolute nonsense about other things, it can cause a serious mental struggle as we try to reconcile the existence of an otherwise intelligent person and a complete moron in the same person. That's when all the reading, networking, and knowledge we gained becomes vital - when it's time to apply it. Otherwise our brains will want to make mental gymnastics to reconcile this cognitive dissonance, which would be our biggest mistake - to give serious credence to nonsense just because it comes from what you considered a smart person. In that sense, we all have authoritarian tendencies because that's the world we grew up in, that's what was programmed into us from birth - to trust authority be it parents, teachers, governments, society, "experts", etc. But knowledge protects. I think Ark's series on the "corruption of science" goes a long way to dispell such notions - it demonstrates how blatantly experts can be wrong in their own fields. Never mind when it comes to other subjects!

Now imagine 50% of the population being utterly incapable of ever questioning such programming. The zombie apocalypse is already here!

SAO said:
Now imagine 50% of the population being utterly incapable of ever questioning such programming. The zombie apocalypse is already here!

And if that half of it isn't bad enough, imagine those who are taking all kinds of medications - namely but not limited to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, Adderall (speed), anti-psychotics, etc...if they are not able to get their meds, they'll be flipping out in the streets. OSIT.

I tend to believe that a couple of years ago, when there was a shortage of Adderall in the market, it was some kind of social science experiment! People formed internet forums and went from pharmacy to pharmacy (something like 80 different ones!) before they'd find a bottle. Then they'd pay $500 for something they typically pay $80 for. It was crazy. Then, just like that, the market supply was restored.

A year or so ago, the system that runs the food stamp credit cards went down in the Midwest region. Mind you, it was only down for around 3-4 hours. Our local Wal-mart turned into a zoo. Carts of food were piled up, left all over the store. It seems some peoples cards would work, while others wouldn't. So people practically cleared the shelves off, trying to get what they could before the whole system went down. Madness in just a half a day!

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Hi Lilou, the e-book is Very good! Just what I needed, and its free! thanks :). I can't believe I've missed this very basic understanding of psychology all these years. It's explaining soooo much and really vital information especially now. I thought it was a interesting sync. Bob A. speaks about the Iraq war, so in keeping with this conversation. The people for the war where mainly authoritarians and those against where not, so that's added depth of understanding. I'm thinking authoritarians may fall into the category of organic portals, makes sense. Also I can apply this to the recent outburst of fanaticism concerning the pro vacciners, and a number of other examples. I'm only on page 20. Spent a small part of my day observing people and trying to discern if they where authoritarians or not! 50/50, that says a whole lot. Good point about the meds :scared:. We had a brief deactivation of food stamp cards here also about a year ago.

The real cognitive dissonance comes in every day experience. Meeting a psychopath or authoritarian messes with your head, so it's vital to read and understand as much as you can so you don't get led down a primrose path. They can make a lot of sense and be quite intelligent in very narrow areas of life. This tends to make your mind want to take them seriously as an intelligent human, you start projecting, so when they speak absolute nonsense about other things, it can cause a serious mental struggle as we try to reconcile the existence of an otherwise intelligent person and a complete moron in the same person. That's when all the reading, networking, and knowledge we gained becomes vital - when it's time to apply it. Otherwise our brains will want to make mental gymnastics to reconcile this cognitive dissonance, which would be our biggest mistake - to give serious credence to nonsense just because it comes from what you considered a smart person. In that sense, we all have authoritarian tendencies because that's the world we grew up in, that's what was programmed into us from birth - to trust authority be it parents, teachers, governments, society, "experts", etc. But knowledge protects. I think Ark's series on the "corruption of science" goes a long way to dispell such notions - it demonstrates how blatantly experts can be wrong in their own fields. Never mind when it comes to other subjects!

Very good SAO. Cognitive dissonance is also something I need to read up on.

Summer, better yet read Political Ponerology if you haven't! What I was describing was essentially ponerization. How a distorted pathological thought process worms its way into the psyche of regular folk from interpersonal interaction with psychopaths and those already ponerized as well as societal and media forces.

SummerLite said:
Hi Lilou, the e-book is Very good! Just what I needed, and its free! thanks :)

You're very welcome SummerLite. Glad to be of help. :)

[quote author= SummerLite]
I'm thinking authoritarians may fall into the category of organic portals, makes sense. [/quote]

I think you are spot on. This has been discussed here on the forum before, and that was the general consensus, although I cannot recall which thread it was in.

Do read Altemeyer's book. But for a hilarious depiction in film of the authoritarian follower syndrome this clip from Monty Python's Life of Brian says it all. "Terrific race, the Romans, terrific!"

http://youtu.be/8EI7p2p1QJI

Back
Top Bottom