Ant: Light Pollution

Y

Youngfox

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skKpivApW7E

Ant 220 speaks out.

Thanks for posting. We've got a small residential building at the back that shines several extremely bright flood lights all night, and they've completely ruined any chance of seeing the night sky.

Where I live, I can see the horizen in all directions but all of them are flooded with the city lights and the only stars that I could see are straight above where you can barely see them. I almost wish that I could live in the desert, just to see the night sky.

Thanks for posting.

When I was a kid the Milky Way was clearly visible in town. Sometimes in the summer I would lay on the concrete in front of our porch. I'd gaze up at the star clouds and see occasional meteorites and satellites. I was a big fan of science fiction novels at the time. Every russling in the bushes was an alien.

Now there are few stars visible in the evening. A little better on clear mornings.

Thomas

Very interesting Youngfox.
I live about 100 km west of Sydney AU in Blue Mountains. I go for night walks (with my dog) often, sometimes in the bush and watch the night sky quite a lot. I see a lot of 'strange things up there', more now then before.
Couple of years back I was visited by my son, who lives in Sydney. He is now 24, studying physics (majoring in physics and philosophy) and has great interest in astronomy (so he says...). We were walking back home from town, the night was clear. I looked up and pointed to him "look at that" knowing, that living in the city he can't see sky like this. He said "the clouds ?", "no son" I said "it's the Milky Way". I realized, that with all his interest in astronomy hasn't actually 'go out there' to see the real thing for himself.
I remembered this particular incident, while reading this thread, where Zadius Sky said: "I have three [degrees], but having degrees still haven't make me any smarter. I felt like I just graduated from high school. But, I'd like to think of having degree being equal to having a brain chip. They both supposed to 'make' you smarter, but do we actually understand what we know? With this brain chip, it's like having information downloaded into you, and how do you know if this information isn't disinformation?"
About a year and a half ago I tried to introduce him to Cass material. I started off with sending him link to Prof Jadczyk CV, knowing how he respects science and thinking, that he won't dismiss it to quickly. Well, didn't I stir the poo... He said, that he's worried about me, that the QFG is a cult and presented me with Sagan's "The demon haunted world" hmmm... I didn't press.
Recently, we had another exchange of views. The subject was 'paranormal'. I was trying to drive the point, that unless he examins the material, that is available, he will never really know. Until he goes out there to see for himself, his views/opinions will be someone else and not his own. The exchange was quite heated. I noticed how emotionally he reacted to what I had to say and I quit again. Reading thru our emails I realized, that I too was reacting emotionally to what he had to say...
What is my point ? You see, I don't own the TV. I haven't for last 10-12 years. I haven't read papers, magazines or been to the cinema (last time I went to cinema was when Matrix was released). My knowledge/information about the world comes from observation, books, conversations and internet (lotsa conspiracies :) )
Ever since I stopped that false (most of it) imput/media/pollution I noticed, how different the world looks. I'm not capable of 'small talk' anymore. When talking to people I always ask questions: how do you know, did you check that info, did you see for yourself ect...
I noticed, that some people avoid talking to me about certain subjects or roll their eyes.
Well, I don't force anyone to listen to what I have to say anymore. If someone is interested in something, that I mention I lend them some of my books and we talk after. Got few people interested in psychopathy but hyperdimentional reality is a hard subject to introduce...
Well - these are my morning (before breakfast) thoughts.

Craig said:
Thanks for posting. We've got a small residential building at the back that shines several extremely bright flood lights all night, and they've completely ruined any chance of seeing the night sky.
Pellet gun.

sean said:
Craig said:
Pellet gun.
So you think he should destroy someone's property?

Back
Top Bottom