Another hit for the Cs? - How Ice Ages Begin

fabric

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Also on today's SoTT:

Ice Ages Start and End So Suddenly, "It's Like a Button Was Pressed," Say Scientists

02-22-97 said:
Q: (L) All right, were those given in the order in which they are occurring? The fourth being the one that's coming later?

A: Maybe, but remember this: a change in the speed of the rotation may not be reported while it is imperceptible except by instrumentation. Equator is slightly "wider" than the polar zones. But, this discrepancy is decreasing slowly currently. One change to occur in 21st Century is sudden glacial rebound, over Eurasia first, then North America. Ice ages develop much, much, much faster than thought. [Discussion of new scientific theory recently presented that the earth is expanding.]

And...

03-18-00 said:
Q: You also made a remark once that ice ages occur much, much faster than people ever
thought...

A: Yes.

Q: Do we need to invest in some mukluks and snowshoes?

A: ??

Q: Well, what I am trying to get at is: should we start stockpiling firewood?

A: Maybe.

Q: So, it could be that fast?

A: Oh yes, and faster when in response to global" warming."

Q: When you put "warming" in quotes, you obviously mean warming in more than just an
ordinary sense? Is that correct?

A: And/or not really "warm."

A little digging on SoTT reveals (tons more too) but for now ~

California: Mount Shasta glaciers growing, despite warming

Alaskan Glaciers Grow for First Time in 250 years

Q: Why was the sea level several hundred feet lower? Because there was ice somewhere or because there was not as much water on the earth at that time?

A: Ice.

Q: Was the ice piled up at the poles? The ice sheet of the ice age?

Q: So, Atlantis existed during the ice age?

A: Largely, yes. And the world's climate was scarcely any colder away from the ice sheets than it is today.

Q: Well, how could that be? What caused these glaciers?

A: Global warming.

Q: How does global warming cause glaciers?

A: Increases precipitation dramatically. Then moves the belt of great precipitation much farther north. This causes rapid buildup of ice sheets, followed by increasingly rapid and intense glacial rebound.

~Fabric~ said:
Q: Why was the sea level several hundred feet lower? Because there was ice somewhere or because there was not as much water on the earth at that time?

A: Ice.

Q: Was the ice piled up at the poles? The ice sheet of the ice age?

Q: So, Atlantis existed during the ice age?

A: Largely, yes. And the world's climate was scarcely any colder away from the ice sheets than it is today.

Q: Well, how could that be? What caused these glaciers?

A: Global warming.

Q: How does global warming cause glaciers?

A: Increases precipitation dramatically. Then moves the belt of great precipitation much farther north. This causes rapid buildup of ice sheets, followed by increasingly rapid and intense glacial rebound.

Bold text catch my attention. When I look around today I find a lot of references to unusual heavy rain, floods, and rare storms.

The present Pakistan Flood disaster, among many other events.
95-dead-after-Brazil-floods-cause-heaviest-rain-in-Rio-de-Janeiro-in-decades
Heavy-rain-brings-floods-and-road-chaos-to-southern-England
Update-65-killed-in-south-China-rainstorms
Bangladesh-faces-unusual-monsoon-fears-flooding
Updated-Snowfall-Record-Information-For-Wichita-Falls-and-Oklahoma-City

May be will be able to see this great precipitation belt moving toward north. Something that if perceived, could mark this issue as a Cassiopaean's Hit.

Good info Fabric and jordifs,

There has been very much precipitation causing untold destruction and loss of life.
Along with extreme hot weather.

It does make sense as to what the Cs were "hinting" about.

Let us see how fast an ice age will be upon us.

Hello.

Good info Fabric and jordifs

Yes, good info.

Bold text catch my attention. When I look around today I find a lot of references to unusual heavy rain, floods, and rare storms.

Yes, indeed. I will add my 3 cents and mention many floods raging southern, southwestern Poland and enormous heat in Russia being a good, but tragical, example of that, but Pakistani flood seems to beat them both. Poor people there... :cry:
From what Cs are saying it seems that we are very close to an ice age, but it won't be as funny as Sid and Manfred... well, polar bears will be happy...

Let us see how fast an ice age will be upon us

...seems like we have no other choice but to wait?
Are millions of people going to freeze and die? :shock:

Keep your ears warm, Brothers and Sisters! :)

BTW: Which news from C's is NOT a hit?? ;D

since the last post here was in August, I will update, with all the "biblical dimensions" flooding in Australia, the recent record snows in mountains of California and rain in the coastal areas, the record freezing weather down to mid-state in Florida, and of course the record cold, snow, and early winter arrival in Britain, and capping it all -the most spot-free days on the sun in a century.

Another one for the track record regarding Ice Age and sudden glacial rebound:

Seen on SOTT today:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/231763-Sudden-Glacial-Rebound-Fast-shrinking-Glacier-Experienced-Rapid-Growth-During-Cooler-Times

A study has found that large, marine-calving glaciers have the ability not only to shrink rapidly in response to global warming, but to grow at a remarkable pace during periods of global cooling.

The finding, by University at Buffalo geologists working in Greenland, stems from new research on Jakobshavn Isbrae, a tongue of ice extending out to sea from Greenland's west coast.

Through an analysis of adjacent lake sediments and plant fossils, the UB team determined that the glacier, which retreated about 40 kilometres inland between 1850 and 2010, expanded outward at a similar pace about 200 years ago, during a time of cooler temperatures known as the Little Ice Age.

"We know that Jakobshavn Isbrae has retreated at this incredible rate in recent years, and our study suggests that it advanced that fast, also," said Jason Briner, the associate professor of geology who led the research.

"Our results support growing evidence that calving glaciers are particularly sensitive to climate change," Briner added.

Jakobshavn Isbrae has been the focus of intense scientific interest because it is one of the world's fastest-flowing glacier, releasing enormous quantities of Greenland's ice into the ocean.

Changes in the rate at which icebergs calve off from the glacier could influence global sea level rise.

An analysis of sediment layers from the bottom of Iceboom Lake showed that Jakobshavn Isbrae reached Iceboom lake about 20 or 25 years later, around 1820.

Jakobshavn Isbrae's rate of expansion from Glacial Lake Morten to Iceboom Lake, as documented by the UB team, matched the glacier's rate of retreat between those two points.

A paper detailing the results is in press and available online in Quaternary Science Reviews, a top peer-reviewed journal in the field.

And so the Ice Age seems to be right around the corner. Perhaps this winter will add to the hostility that is already felt towards the politicians in America currently so much so that a revolution will awaken into full force as it has begun already in Europe.

Cool footage of underwater weird thing that freezes and kills. Maybe it's the early beginning of ocean ice age too???

An underwater 'icicle of death' which sinks to the seabed destroying everything it comes into contact with has been caught on camera for the first time.
The sinking brine is so cold that it causes the seawater to freeze around it.
BBC film crews recorded the brinicle for the first time ever as it sunk to the bottom of the sea in Antarctica.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2065401/The-icicle-death-Bizarre-Brinicle-forms-beneath-sea-kills-path.html#ixzz1eacFCRnc

starmie said:
Cool footage of underwater weird thing that freezes and kills. Maybe it's the early beginning of ocean ice age too???

An underwater 'icicle of death' which sinks to the seabed destroying everything it comes into contact with has been caught on camera for the first time.
The sinking brine is so cold that it causes the seawater to freeze around it.
BBC film crews recorded the brinicle for the first time ever as it sunk to the bottom of the sea in Antarctica.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2065401/The-icicle-death-Bizarre-Brinicle-forms-beneath-sea-kills-path.html#ixzz1eacFCRnc

That's just creepy. It reminds me of the ice tornadoes that flash freeze everything in their path in the Sci-fi book "The Fifth Winter." This latter is a useful explanation for how mammoths got flash frozen in siberia with food in their mouths.

It's not creepy; it's beautiful — and natural. But I do think the media is releasing information about brinicles now to "prepare" the masses for the ice age when brinicles will be commonplace and not just in the Antarctic.

un chien anadolu said:
Here you can watch the video :

_http://www.businessinsider.com/arctic-sea-brine-2011-11#ixzz1eXe8nHfh

Very weird. That could possibly explain some mass extinctions in the oceans.

Keep this in mind:
A: Climate is being influenced by three factors, and soon a fourth.

Q: (L) All right, I'll take the bait; give me the three factors, and also the fourth!.
A: 1) Wave approach. 2) Chlorofluorocarbon increase in atmosphere, thus affecting ozone layer. 3) Change in the planet's axis rotation orientation. 4) Artificial tampering by 3rd and 4th density STS forces in a number of different ways. Be vigilant. Be observant. Be cautious in your planning and be aware. Do not let emotional anomalies cloud your knowledge base. This is not a "time" to let one's guard down. Be especially careful of travel to unfamiliar locators, as well as sleeping in unfamiliar surroundings!!! You are being watched. Or, at least, it is best to assume you are, and act, think, and prepare accordingly. Remember what you have been warned about concerning attack. As you learn more and know more, you become more interesting... and, when your ranks swell, you are more vulnerable unless you are more aware!!

Q: (L) All right, were those given in the order in which they are occurring? The fourth being the one that's coming later?
A: Maybe, but remember this: a change in the speed of the rotation may not be reported while it is imperceptible except by instrumentation. Equator is slightly "wider" than the polar zones. But, this discrepancy is decreasing slowly currently. One change to occur in 21st Century is sudden glacial rebound, over Eurasia first, then North America. Ice ages develop much, much, much faster than thought.
Plus this:
The idea that slight shifts in Earth's axis might have been enough to trigger the ice ages is a century old. But a Harvard earth sciences Professor Peter Huybers has finally proved it, using computer models to test competing ideas - and finding that earth's tilting axis is the only one that works.

The finding could have profound implications for our understanding of our planet's climate - and could, its author says, be crucial to 'predicting long-term changes in future climate.'

Two 'cycles' in the way Earth's axis spins have an effect on the cycle - one lasting 10,000 years and one lasting roughly 40,000 years. When they align correctly, ice melts. At the other extreme, glaciers advance.
Source: https://www.sott.net/articles/show/241087-Natural-Tilts-in-Earth-s-Axis-Cause-Ice-Ages-Says-Harvard-Scientist

So, changes in Earth's axis, plus other factors, lead to glaciation & deglaciation. Catastrophism is being validated more and more.

One wonders if all the "strange noises" being heard around the planet - assuming some of them are real, which I think is the case - are the sounds of this shift?

Laura said:
One wonders if all the "strange noises" being heard around the planet - assuming some of them are real, which I think is the case - are the sounds of this shift?
And also, the cold snap over Eastern Europe, Russia, and Siberia, brought this to mind; "One change to occur in 21st Century is sudden glacial rebound, over Eurasia first, then North America. Ice ages develop much, much, much faster than thought."

With wolf super packs roaming that part of the earth, it could be indicative of an adaptation to changing climate. Wow all this in the first ~2 months of 2012.

Back
Top Bottom