Another hit for the Cs - Cashless Society - VISA 666!

And just like The C's said, it will be a stamp, not a chip. 7 billion chips, I don't think so. Here's a few reasons I don't believe it will be a chip. (1) A chip would be able to interface with the system, the possibility of uploading a virus it too much of a temptation. (2) A chip can be broken or removed. (3) The infrastructure for the use of a barcode stamp is already in place.

DonnieG said:
And just like The C's said, it will be a stamp, not a chip. 7 billion chips, I don't think so. Here's a few reasons I don't believe it will be a chip. (1) A chip would be able to interface with the system, the possibility of uploading a virus it too much of a temptation. (2) A chip can be broken or removed. (3) The infrastructure for the use of a barcode stamp is already in place.

My civil war era grandmother told me it would be tattoos. Plastic cards are already poised for dominance. Cards are already in place. Many if not all people already use them. It's just a matter of the banks not giving out cash anymore...

edit: grammar and or punctuation, as usual :)

The thing is, a card can be lost, stolen, or swapped for nefarious purposes, my favorite scenario. This Mark will permanently mark you, it won't be something that be altered in anyway. Also I think it will be invisible, for aesthetics.

Invisible. Yeah. They wouldn't want us to look like the last people who had a number tattooed on their bodies. The prisoners in concentration camps. I'm sorry- I just find this to be a disgusting outrage and part of that is because we as a society will submit.

I don't think it will be cards bc people WILL still deal in cash or coins of some sort illegally and what's to stop someone from buying things that they don't want on record? It's just too inefficient. We can be marked with a bar code since every cash register can read them.

DonnieG said:
Also with the barcode stamp scenario, no way your identity can be stolen.

But then maybe mafias will directly cut part of skin or whatever operation to get the code? Like they already do with organ taficking and nobody gets arrested (except scapegoats or low profile members, followed with damage control)
Apart from what Jodi said, I would feel very unconfortable being eternally united with my money (or my personal info inside my body)

Biometrics is the word. They just photograph your retina, and that is unique enough.
The technology already exists.

Leonarda said:
DonnieG said:

But then maybe mafias will directly cut part of skin or whatever operation to get the code? Like they already do with organ taficking and nobody gets arrested (except scapegoats or low profile members, followed with damage control)
Apart from what Jodi said, I would feel very unconfortable being eternally united with my money (or my personal info inside my body)

I imagine, they'll be safe guards t for that, like pulse temp readers, something of that nature. Although, those are very Good Points you brought up.

DonnieG said:

So no one could covertly get an image of a barcode, reproduce it, and overlay it temporarily on themselves? That makes no sense. It'd be far too simple to do that for it to be considered secure.

m said:
DonnieG said:

So no one could covertly get an image of a barcode, reproduce it, and overlay it temporarily on themselves? That makes no sense. It'd be far too simple to do that for it to be considered secure.

Yea I was going to say this. You can easily copy a barcode just from a picture of said barcode. Annnnd you can do this with most smartphones.

The points made about how easily it could be to do something to the bar code make me think a retinal scan is a better option. Although realistically, if someone can steal a bar code, someone can steal an eye.. :(. I'm starting to think along the lines of a 4D technology that we can't even imagine. There's just nothing in the body that can't be hacked.

I wonder... Is the cashless society a trick or a trap to keep us thinking in 3D STS? Just a form of mind control? Who doesn't feel a sense of futility at the prospect and maybe that's the point. We stay stuck in the Book of Revelations and go back to sleep.

I have such a sense of detachment over this. And that could be me. It's what I do when Want to rebel but can't.

Don't worry too much over the cashless society.
I'm old enough to remember it being touted way back in the eighties.
Your retinal scan will be combined with a card that has your details on it.
You will need both, to be hacked.

This technology is currently in use at the Malaysia-Singapore border, to check the workers going back and forth. I saw a documentary on it years ago.

MusicMan said:
Don't worry too much over the cashless society.
I'm old enough to remember it being touted way back in the eighties.
Your retinal scan will be combined with a card that has your details on it.
You will need both, to be hacked.

This technology is currently in use at the Malaysia-Singapore border, to check the workers going back and forth. I saw a documentary on it years ago.
... And timing is everything MM ;D (congrats to Your 666:th posting)

Back
Top Bottom