Anniversary pain?

curious_richard

Jedi Master
Today I had an interesting experience. One of my fingers started aching, sometimes more, sometimes less, and sometimes it had light stabbing pains. I thought to myself, "Why is this happening now? It has been about a year since I broke that finger, and it has been feeling fine for a very long time now. There is no reason it should be hurting now."

Then I remembered that it was not ABOUT a year ago, but it was VERY close to a year ago that I broke that finger. Since I was not sure, I checked some of my past records to get a more exact date, and it turns out that it was EXACTLY one year ago. And now my finger is celebrating the anniversary with a reminder of the pain one year ago.

I don't think this can be psychosomatic, since the pain clearly came before I even thought breaking it one year ago. So what could it be? I will accept coincidence if there is no better explanation, but I am really intrigued by this.

I have read about ghosts and haunted houses being some echo of past and strong emotional energy. Could it be that my pain last year was left in space at that point in the Earth's orbit and now that we have come back to the same position, that pain echo from the past is reuniting with my finger? Well, the idea is good for a laugh anyway.

I could not think of any cases where anyone else had this kind of "anniversary pain", but later I remembered a reference in fiction. In Lord of the Rings, Tolkien wrote that Frodo would re-experience the pain of his sword wound each year on the anniversary of the date of his injury. Of course I just considered it an invention of Tolkien when I read it, but now I am wondering if maybe he picked up that idea from some previous literature.

After a "subjectively" horrible incident that happened on Mother's Day involving my ex-husband, every mother's day for about 7-8 years after I would feel teary and shaken. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it took about 7 years before this feeling cleared.

I, too, am wondering if these events get stored in our bodies and then, of course, are connected somehow to the earth cycle....

Back
Top Bottom