Animal Magnetism

Dick

Padawan Learner
I was asked by my wife and daughter, why animals; dogs, cats, horses, are attrached to certain people?

Our animals have a person they seem to be in tune with, and naturally follow. I always thought with dogs it was an Alpha thing, who they see as the leader, but with cats, who knows what they think sometime, it always on "their" time table. I noticed in different families "all" the animals select one person to connect with, in one way or another, trying to please that person.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

My thoughts are derived from my limited observations combined with maintaining, over my lifetime, parakeets, cats and dogs. To me, it appears that most times the animal attaches to the person who spends the most time with them or provides stimulation for them. More so if the attachment forms at a younger age for the animal. My guess is that they develop or establish a trust level with that particular person. However, I am certain there is more that goes into it and my observation is just sort of a surface one.

The majority of my experience is with cats and it appears to me that cats seem to be the least understood and cats are often assigned a bad rep. Cat "personalites" are sometimes defined in negative terms; they are sneaky as opposed to just plain curious. They seem to often be compared to dogs which is like comparing apples to oranges. Dogs will take direction, cats will not.

That said, I lean toward believing that animals may be capable of detecting or sensing that a person/human may not "like" them or want to be "close" to them.

Just some guesses.

We have a neutered Tom cat, that is actually my wifes cat, she raised it from a kitten, and had it before we got married. He will not sit on her lap, he sits on the floor and whines, until I sit down, then he jumps on my lap to take a nap. I told her he probably remembers who took him to the vet to get neutered.

We also have dogs in the house(Boxers) they try to get in between us, and push her away, when she sits next to me. She'll get mad and claims I teach them these things, which I don't. We treat them as family members, so there's no special treatment or one person spending more time with them. Her horses are the same way, who they get close to. Maybe I'm borderline 2nd Density.

Dick said:
I was asked by my wife and daughter, why animals; dogs, cats, horses, are attrached to certain people?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sometimes it has to do with smell. I used to work with a lady who had a bearded dragon named Sydney. He loved one of the paralegals that worked across the hall from our office, even moving from his handler to her shoulder when she came into the room. We spent a lunch time discussing it, and realized he liked the paralegal because she was a strict vegan...she didn't smell like a predator. ;)

Energy figures a lot into it too. Animals pick up on our thoughts and feelings more than we do. Cesar Milan is right on the nose when he discusses how dogs can pick up on 'calm assertive energy' in people. Our dog Dexter loves people. Women see a teddy bear dog for big hugs. Men see a very large dog with big teeth. :rolleyes: Our visits to Petsmart are always fun! Its interesting to see who asks for a hug from him first.

Gimpy

Back
Top Bottom