...and there will be Peace.

SlavaOn

Jedi Master
Hi.

Last night, I woke up and didn't go back to sleep. For some time, I was awake, when the mind is in the "twilight" state, free-associating, half-dreaming.
It was mulling over an idea of the system that would allow conflict resolutions between states. I will list its outlines below. Effectively, it is an approach used in the courts where the jury, consisting of 12 common people, listens to the cases and decides their outcomes.

So, if there is a serious dispute between any 2 countries, or even territories within countries, that do not have statehood status (for example Palestine vs Israel, Ukraine vs Donbass region) it should be decided by the people from the opposing sides.
- there could be 50-100-200-300 people selected by AI algorithm to represent all professions, religions, sexes, ages, ... all walks of life. What is important, the government/military people should be excluded from the selection pool, since they will put government/military
interests first. They are the part of the system, that led to the dispute under consideration, so they can't be objective in their decisions.
- the people selected for this duty can refuse to participate for any reason;
- the place of the dispute resolution should be chosen in another country. It should be televised for all the world to see and all expenses should be paid by the United Nations organization. It is in the interests of all people in the world to see the conflicts between countries resolved peacefully.
- if these folks are unable to resolve the issue facing their 2 countries, it falls back to the current SOPs (military aggression, trade wars, sanctions and blockades, etc...)

...and there will be Peace.

A system along these lines could definitely be more fair and objective. The problem is, those who regulate how things work, will not be quick to implement a proper problem-resolution system.
In general this seems to be THE common ongoing plague facing humanity: Those types in control, the rich, powerful and fortified, tend to do whatever it takes to retain that power. Which includes supressing and opressing any idea that might actually help communities if the idea doesn't fit in with their plans, or removes some control from them.

Back
Top Bottom