Ancient Dance Similarities appear in Canadian Culture Dance Mash Up

Debra

Dagobah Resident
This video is of Gurdeep Pandher, who was born and raised in Punjab, India, and has lived in the Canada since moving here from 2006.
He became a Canadian Citizen in 2011, and has lived in the Yukon since 2012.
The young Scottish girl is described as his niece, Kira LeBlanc.
I have enjoyed watching many of his Celebratory Dance videos, he really gets into it, bringing a sense of joy and exuberance that is contagious.
This video though, of the two cultural dances, Scottish and Punjab, WOW!
How obvious can this juxtaposition be?
Perhaps an ancient shared memory of "The Dance".

Here is a page of info, about Gurdeep, for anyone interested.

This video though, of the two cultural dances, Scottish and Punjab, WOW!
How obvious can this juxtaposition be?
Perhaps an ancient shared memory of "The Dance".

Thanks, @Debra. I think you may be on to something here. I enjoyed watching the video. The similarities seem to be there I think. I just think about the Celtic influence of how they keep their arms down straight at their sides. The Celtic dances were not exactly like the spinning ones but maybe there is enough similarity to compare them.

The Cs mentioned this:

Session 26 July 1997:
[Break. Group watches video: Riverdance.]

Q: Hi guys! Did you like the movie?

A: We do not need to have such presentations, since we have all presence awareness!

Q: Well, gosh! Lighten up! (T) Well, they must be able to see the original! (L) Indeed. How close are these dances to the original Celtic dances?

A: Half.

Q: Considering everything, that is a lot. What about these dances would make them more original?

A: Floating.

Q: Holy Shi'ite Moslems! No wonder Caesar went bananas! But, why the stylized rigidity of the arms? A; Has to do with sound through chemical enzyme based utilization for power purposes.

Q: How does the stiff-arm posture relate to sound?

A: Chemical transmitter flow.

Q: You mean that something flowed through their arms and out their hands to enhance levitation?

A: Close.

I doubt we would be able to duplicate the "transmitter flow" but it sounds like it would be fun. We are also encouraged to sing and experiment with music so the singing, music and dancing seem to go together.

In the same session they mention the dances again:

Session 26 July 1997:
Q: Is the watching of these dances or listening to this music helpful in unlocking ancient genetic memories?

A: In person, not through reproduction. Wearing of silk will enhance the EM effect.

The "In person" part is difficult to do these days (especially with the Covid scare stuff). It is kind of diffcult to gather all forum members together for a little singing and dancing but who knows.

I do think there may still be some benefit to a virtual/digial communication for such gatherings which may be due to better technology developments since 1997.

It does not seem to be such an easy thing to determine how we might use "technology" to our advantage. There is "analog" and then there is "digital" in the realm of sound.

Session 7 May 2016:
(L) I'm not terribly interested in this other bunch of questions... Lemme move to this one:

------------------------------
I found this article that sums up a widespread belief about digital vs analog audio, IE CD vs turntable.

I have tested many thousands of phonograph recordings made over a period of more than eighty years, and have found that almost most examples have been therapeutic, often highly so.[3] In 1979 this changed. I suddenly found that I was not achieving the same therapeutic results as before, that playing records of the same compositions to the same patients was producing a completely contrary effect! Instead of their stress being reduced and their Life Energy being actuated, the opposite was occurring! For instance, music that I had long used to promote sleep now seemed to be actually aggravating the insomnia. I found in one case that instead of the music helping a patient withdraw from tranquilizers, it seemed to increase his need for them. Special tapes for businesspeople to use during their rest periods seemed suddenly to increase rather than reduce their stress. These findings were very alarming.

When I investigated these and many other paradoxical phenomena, I found that in all cases they were related to the use of digital recordings. These were vinyl records (and later CDs) made from digital masters.[4] When I substituted analog versions of the same work, sometimes even with the same performers, the positive therapeutic effects were again obtained. There seemed to me little doubt that something was “wrong” with the digital process. Apparently the digital recording technique not only did not enhance Life Energy and reduce stress, but it was actually untherapeutic; that is, it imposed a stress and reduced Life Energy. Through some mechanism, some severely detrimental effect on the Acupuncture Emotional System, the digital process was somehow reversing the therapeutic effects of the music!

------------------------------
A: If one is depending on a 3rd density effect, analog is best. If one is attempting to tap higher or "other" realms, digital is more likely to capture the effect.

Q: (L) So if you just want a 3rd density thing like giving somebody drugs or something, you use something analog like records that deliver actual physical vibrations or whatever to the individual. But if you're trying to capture or transmit other realms or other-density effects and so forth, then digital is better. Let's face it, if you're trying to make a recording of ghosts for example, and you leave some kind of recording device in a haunted house and it is supposed to make a record, that would require a kind of cross-density type of energy that would be pretty momentous, I think. It's mechanical. So mechanical effects happen with analog. Digital can be very subtle, electromagnetic...

(Joe) It can be more easily used to convey non-3d stuff.

The human voice is certainly a beautiful means of communication and although it is not dance it is very often combined with dance to celebrate our victories and unite the tribe. If the voice is capable of transmitting some information digitally maybe dance imagery will help too.

Session 13 September 2009:
Q: (L) I had the idea to take ordinary songs and sing them and then for Allen to take say one ordinary song that was like a familiar melody to people, and then stretch it out to an hour CD. A song that would take 4 or 5 minutes to sing, make it stretched to one hour. And then put a musical track in the background that's more in time. So anyhow, is this a good idea?

A: Very! Try it!

Q: (L) Well, that wasn't very informative. I could have answered that, Jesus. (DD) Hang up on them! (laughter) (Keit) So which song would you choose? (L) Well, just a whole bunch of them.

[Pause while Allen tries to burn music to disc. Everyone then ends up listening to music in the office.]

Q: (Keit) On an emotional level, Amazing Grace had the most effect on me. (Allen) We can have you sing solo and then a choir of us come in and back you up. That's a thought.

A: Many possibilities, eh? Notice the "effect?"

Q: (Joe) Music to soothe the savage the beast!

A: Music to communicate to the soul.

Q: (L) Well, I really don't understand.

A: There are frequencies in your/our voice that are inaudible to the physical ear but affect the spirit.

Q: (Joe) True. (Scott) I wonder if that's why there are certain bands where the people totally can't sing, but everyone thinks they're great - I mean, above and beyond marketing and all that kind of stuff?

A: Yes! And some of them activate "interesting" frequencies!

Q: (L) When you say "interesting", what does that mean?

A: Shall we say that it is planned and deliberate for nefarious purposes.

Q: (Joe) What music were you thinking about, Scottie? (Scottie) I was just thinking after our talk the other day about objectively and subjectively good music and everything. I was thinking about some of the popular music, like pretty much everything... Like my workout music, grunge music, electric guitar music, rap music - all these different types of popular music. And some of it is actually done by somebody who can't even sing at all and people just absolutely love it. So there are all these different genres where some bands become popular, whereas you can go to a bar and here's somebody singing a song and they're ten times better, but... (L) But they're not famous. (Scottie) So why do these people who have absolutely no talent become famous, beyond the fact that they were "discovered", or advertising, etc...

A: Laurel Canyon anyone?

Q: (laughter) (Keit) We were just talking about it today! (Joe) Yeah, they were all picked. (C**) So would Laura's voice be kind of what Gurdjieff called "objective music"?

A: Yes

Q: (Joe) I've got a great name for your album: Laura Canyon! (laughter) (L) I think I'll pass on that one. Unless you want to put an echo in so it sounds like I'm singing across the canyon. (PL) So, those bands in Laurel Canyon, those singers like the Mamas and the Papas, those bands that were obviously sponsored, because, through their music, they could put a kind of spell on some listeners, manipulate them, generate some negative emotions...?

A: "Spellbinders."

Anyway, it is fun to contemplate the possibilities. We could put in "some echo" or what ever to make a beautiful creation while we are dancing. :bacon::bacon::bacon::dance::dance::dance:

Back
Top Bottom