An electric ghost?

ScottD

Jedi
My girlfriend reminded me of an event that happened last fall I believe and I had completely forgotten about it and I was wondering if anyone else may have experienced anything similar.

I was on my computer with my headphones and my girlfriend had laid down to sleep in the other room. I kept hearing a crackling snapping sound over the headphones but ignored it the first 2-3 times. I finally pulled off the headphones to investigate and it sounded very much like a loose power line popping and it was coming from the bedroom. I hurriedly opened the door to find my girlfriend upright in bed and the dog staring at the wall. I asked if she heard anything like an electrical noise. She said she not only heard it but saw it. She further explained that there was a lot of strobe-like activity outside the window and the top portion of a translucent torso with arms outstretched coming through the wall but when I came through the door she said it snapped back instantly. The dog is usually frightened of his own shadow but instead of barking he was just staring at whatever this oddity was but his heart rate was up.

So, I have no idea what we all experienced but it was definitely unusual. I wish I had seen this human shape though just to confirm my girlfriends story and not write it off as something that she saw coming out of a dream state. The electrical noises I can confirm though but it ceased for the rest of the night.

Hard to say if it really was a ghost. Could have been an electric phenomenon which gave the impression that...

But again, that seems pretty odd to say the least. What was all this strobe-like activity about? Was there a storm? Problem with powerlines?

Completely unexplainable. I looked all around the house and saw nothing and clear skies that night. Windows were closed so no external noise. So whatever occurred was completely localized. My girlfriend did however see the strobing lights outside of the bedroom and all I heard was the electrical snapping noises. All I can think of is some sort of plasma ball but with it having some sort of sentience is rather disconcerting.

Your GFs experience falls within the bounds of the "UFO" phenomenon. Have you ever read any of John Keel's books?

Unfortunately I have not been able to find copies of Keel's books without paying horrendous amounts of money for them, so I don't. I wish they would be re-issued as I see them come up quite often on here.

ScottD said:
Unfortunately I have not been able to find copies of Keel's books without paying horrendous amounts of money for them, so I don't. I wish they would be re-issued as I see them come up quite often on here.

At amazon.uk I bought The Mothman Prophecies for 0.01 cent! And yes, your experience reminds me some John Keel stories. Very interesting. You should read the book.

ScottD said:

On AbeBooks.com, you can find Mothman Prophecies for $1 and Our Haunted Planet for $5.

I was thinking more along the lines of Operation Trojan Horse and the Eighth Tower. Which of the Keel books would be more relevant though?

ScottD said:
I was thinking more along the lines of Operation Trojan Horse and the Eighth Tower. Which of the Keel books would be more relevant though?

The Mothman prophecies is a good one, because it deals with a lot more than the Mothman. I think I might have a link for a cheap version of OTH. I'll let you know.

That would be great as I've been wanting to read Operation Trojan Horse one for a while now, just not at 80 dollars. I had always bypassed the Mothman Prophecies as I assumed I knew about the story quite well and have even visited Point Pleasant but if there is more to the book then I'll definitely grab a copy.

ScottD said:
That would be great as I've been wanting to read Operation Trojan Horse one for a while now, just not at 80 dollars. I had always bypassed the Mothman Prophecies as I assumed I knew about the story quite well and have even visited Point Pleasant but if there is more to the book then I'll definitely grab a copy.

There is a LOT more to the book than the Mothman. So I'd recommend you get a copy, it's a compelling read too!

I'll let you know about OTH soon.

Here's a copy for a decent price.

http://www.amazon.ca/Operation-Trojan-Horse-John-Keel/dp/0962653462/

Here's 2 cheaper prices :).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0012TMLZA/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used[/url]

Only one copy available for international shipping though.

Thank you Perceval. I am assuming I would be indirectly supporting Red Pill Press from the link, correct? I'll add it to my list for when I get paid :)

Apparently The Mothman Prophecies is going to be released in 2013 and the price is around 17 CND Dollars
http://www.amazon.ca/Mothman-Prophecies-John-Keel/dp/0765334984/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1351672977&sr=1-3
Edit: Old copies can be bought at cheep prices according to this link accessed the 31st of October 2012:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0340824468/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
A French version will be published the 20th of November 2012:
http://www.amazon.ca/PROPHÉTIE-OMBRES-KEEL-JOHN/dp/2290057541/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1351672977&sr=1-4

Back
Top Bottom