SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Here are some pics taken from the album of Christine and Michel Denis Huot :

639.jpg

633.jpg

641.jpg

And if you want more, you can go at their website :

http://www.denis-huot.com/news/index.asp?Rub=1866&LeTheme=1031&laPage=3

The third frame brought a lump to my throat!
Definitely what the world needs more of ; acceptance and :love: :love: :love:
Thank you for sharing these beautiful pics.

Nature takes it course however a couple of pictures into that album. I guess the guepards couldn't resist their instinct to kill the bambi type creature :(

I shouldn't be sad since it is only part of life in the wild, but it was strange to see them both interacting together as if they were playing.

Paragon said:
Nature takes it course however a couple of pictures into that album. I guess the guepards couldn't resist their instinct to kill the bambi type creature :(

I shouldn't be sad since it is only part of life in the wild, but it was strange to see them both interacting together as if they were playing.

Yeah, I was saddened too, but they are cats ...they were playing with their food :/

Data said:
Paragon said:
Aw in the second one, the "impala"?, looks like he or she is smilling :D

For me, it looks like it is struggling for breath before being eaten.
I guess that is probably whats happening because the wee impala later on is dinner for the cats!

And since the mind is able to see faces in clouds and other objects etc, then me seeing the animal 'smile' is perhas just part of that programming. An example of wishful thinking?

yea those kitties definitely look like the they are up to something evil. They always like to play mind games with their prey :(

Corto said:
yea those kitties definitely look like the they are up to something evil. They always like to play mind games with their prey :(

Although the pics were really cute, I must admit i thought the same. Sometimes it sucks to be a realist :-[

There is no magic friendship between different species happening here. These big predator cats are acting out their niche in nature--kill (at their own weird pace) and eat what they can. Their prey is in the freeze mode of "flight, fright or freeze" which appears to be a state of dissociation from the body before experiencing great physical trauma--i.e. being eating--alive sometimes. It seems to be a bit of mercy found in nature in an otherwise incredibly violent and cruel 3D world.

I once came upon a deer standing in the middle of the road in a similar state. She was uninjured but "frozen" in place. Cars would pull right up to her, honk their horns, then go around and she would not move. I did the same but then got out and tried to shoo her off the road but she would not budge. I finally put my hands on her and she remained like a statue. I ended up pushing her from behind trying to physically remove her but couldn't do it (a crowd of people were watching by now). As I was in my suit, it occurred to me to take off my jacket and wrap in around her head and pull. This seemed to snap her out of it. She shook her head and gave a little buck and leaped off the road and ran into a grassy pasture a little ways and then put her head down and began to graze as if nothing had happened.

I have identified with her many times over the years since, seeing myself as the deer in the headlights, frozen in place and needing to get myself unstuck.
shellycheval

I just had an awww moment, Gandalf! I guess they weren't hungry, just yet..:P What a rare moment for a photographer to catch!

You all should have clicked provided link , there is an answer ...
And yes , you were right ...

643.jpg

shellycheval said:
There is no magic friendship between different species happening here. These big predator cats are acting out their niche in nature--kill (at their own weird pace) and eat what they can. Their prey is in the freeze mode of "flight, fright or freeze" which appears to be a state of dissociation from the body before experiencing great physical trauma--i.e. being eating--alive sometimes. It seems to be a bit of mercy found in nature in an otherwise incredibly violent and cruel 3D world.

I once came upon a deer standing in the middle of the road in a similar state. She was uninjured but "frozen" in place. Cars would pull right up to her, honk their horns, then go around and she would not move. I did the same but then got out and tried to shoo her off the road but she would not budge. I finally put my hands on her and she remained like a statue. I ended up pushing her from behind trying to physically remove her but couldn't do it (a crowd of people were watching by now). As I was in my suit, it occurred to me to take off my jacket and wrap in around her head and pull. This seemed to snap her out of it. She shook her head and gave a little buck and leaped off the road and ran into a grassy pasture a little ways and then put her head down and began to graze as if nothing had happened.

I have identified with her many times over the years since, seeing myself as the deer in the headlights, frozen in place and needing to get myself unstuck.
shellycheval

Thank you for sharing that story shellycheval. We live in a place where lots of deers graze. And I've also witnessed the 'dear in the headlight' moment several times; and just drove around them...

But they always left me thinking about myself and my own stuck in the headlight moments and as you say getting myself unstuck.

Probably a lesson for the cheetah cubs in hunting, often the mother will provide them with live prey like a young antelope which won't escape easily. It takes a while for them to progress from pure play to pure hunting.

Back
Top Bottom