Amazing I Ching reading

Novelis

Jedi Master
I'd like to tell a story of "coincidences" of enormous magnitude. I was utterly astounded by what happened.
Firstly, I've been having similar dreams popping up nearly every night for the past few weeks. In these dreams I am normally at my Mum's house or at a party where there are lots of people, if in a party, I get tired of the company around me and go over to a large table with all sorts of wonderful, tasty treats on them. I gather all the food I like and place them on a plate, ready to eat the delights. However, before I take a bite I am tempted by more food that catches my eye, so I dispose of it and grab some more food. This greed for more keeps going until I realise that there is simply too much on my plate and I can't possibly finish it all, I get overwhelmed by all this food and I usually wake up at this point. In another dream, I went to my Mum's house and she offered me food, asking me what I like, I tell her that I want many different types of food, so she makes a huge pile of different stuff and I can't possibly finish what's on my plate.
This is the general theme of my dreams lately, and at the moment I interpret this as "food for thought", I am assembling ideas from so many places that I can't digest it all at the moment. Yet the hunger for knowledge persists.
In terms of my current situation, I am getting to a point now where I have a definite plan of what I am going to do in response to all this information regarding the chaos that seems pretty imminent now, The plan is to my liking, and has been in action for a few months now, but I am having trouble with going through the immense journey without either burning out or losing enthusiasm because it entails a lot of responsibility and hard work, the plan is in my head, simmering down into a kind of "order", a methodology I think is not only the true "way" for me, but one that's always evolving and receptive to new information and life situations.

This bridge to be walked across was re-enforced a few days ago when I was meditating. I saw an image of a tree in the middle of a field, which in my meditations tends to represent me. This tree wasn't growing straight though, it was slating to the side, but the leaves looked very healthy.
From a gap in a wall at the edge of the field, a red fox popped it's head out and scurried across the field in search of food, it went up to the tree, started furiously digging into the moist soil beneath it, and found large insect larvae, it chewed the soft, white bug and I noticed how magnificent this creature really is.
Going along with the theory that the food in my dreams represent "food for thought", or ideas that I am assimilating, this fox, a creature notable for its cunning and flexibility ate the insects hibernating in the soil, waiting to gnaw on and cause harm to the tree, a representation of myself. Now, it doesn't take a genius to work out what this could mean...

This is where it becomes interesting, 1 day after the focused meditation I wanted to get in contact with two of my kung fu buddies for some training on the next day, which was a Saturday, so I tried texting one of them, strangely enough, while texting my phone suddenly jumped back to the main menu, getting rid of the message. Slightly disgruntled at this, I put the phone down to try again later.
After about twenty minutes, I tried again, the same thing happened, and I started thinking there was something weird going on... Like you do...
I then called my other friend, hoping to at least have one training partner present. We chatted for a while and agreed to meet the following day.
A while later, I decided to text the other guy again, but I thought to myself: "Hmmm, I bet the same thing will just happen again, maybe I won't bother." But then, the thought occurred: "Hey, it failed twice, but maybe third time lucky eh?" I picked up the phone again, and to my surprise, it worked! But just after confirming the delivery of my text, my phone notified me that I don't have enough credit left to send a text! D'oh! I checked my balance, finding out that I was merely two pence short of sending a text, which means if a hadn't talked to the other guy before, I would have had enough. By this point it was relatively late and there was nowhere I could top up my phone, so I was stuck.

Before going to bed that night, I looked in my wallet to find that there was precisely 2 pence in it, I found this rather amusing since right there, in cash form was the money I needed for the phone, there was just no way I could transfer this money into credit. The thought then occurred to me that using these coins I could do an I Ching reading, I saw a correlation between the 2 attempts and the 2 pence I needed to get my 2 friends together, and that prompted me to take it further.
I used the 2 coins I had as the base for my reading, since it goes from bottom upwards, the coin positioned at the bottom was Yin, and the top was Yang.
I found four more coins and scattered them, and to my astonishment, the total reading was- from the bottom upwards: Yin - Yang - Yin - Yang - Yin - Yang!!
As if this wasn't strange enough, I looked up the reading, its hexagram 64.
What I saw made my jaw drop literally to the floor...
I use the I Ching as translated by Richard Wilhelm; here is a small reading I found on http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/html/wiltrans/wilhelm_translation.html#64

64. Wei Chi / Before Completion
above Li The Clinging, Flame
below K'an The Abysmal, Water
The Judgement
Before Completion. Success.
But if the little fox, after nearly completing the crossing,
Gets his tail in the water,
There is nothing that would further.
The Image
Fire over water:
The image of the condition before transition.
Thus the superior man is careful
In the differentiation of things,
So that each finds its place.
The Lines
Six at the beginning means:
He gets his tail in the water.
Humiliating.
Nine in the second place means:
He brakes his wheels.
Perseverance brings good fortune.
Six in the third place means:
Before completion, attack brings misfortune.
It furthers one to cross the great water.
Nine in the fourth place means:
Remorse disappears.
Shock, thus to discipline the Devil's Country.
For three years, great realms are awarded.
Six in the fifth place means:
No remorse.
The light of the superior man is true.
Good fortune.
Nine at the top means:
There is drinking of wine
In genuine confidence. No blame.
But if one wets his head,
He loses it, in truth.

If anyone has a copy of Wilhelm's book, have a look at that, in fact, for the sake of clarity I might just copy the whole text from the book onto the forum manually.
When I have time that is, stay tuned...
What was unbelievable about the reading is how it correlated with my current situation on so many levels. Not only did it give me excellence guidance on my current actions, but it explained my dreams and how that fits with the meditation imagery. It even enlarged the dynamic of the meditation imagery and gave it a different meaning; I saw the reading as a continuation of the meditation, why was the fox looking for food? Could it be because the fox needs nourishment to cross the great river? If one looks at it like that, suddenly the whole dream imagery makes sense as well.
I had a dream that very night where my Mum was making me some food when I came back from meditation outside, while eating my sister told me that her friend saw me swimming rapidly in the river a few moments ago. In the dream I remembered that in real life I sometimes remember myself being in alien places, talking to people as if I knew them even though I don't. I took elements of my perplexing reality and rationalised it in the dream, I explained to my sister that in this multidimensional world, I could have well been two places at once. Then I woke up. Notice the imagery of water and travelling across it again...
I can't possibly get into exactly how all this fitted together in a totally non-linear way, it's simply too subtle and complicated to express, but I can say that the I Ching was exactly what I needed to read at that specific time, and it wouldn't have all come together unless all the weird coincidences preceding it triggered random, or non linear thoughts and actions. I seriously need to get into the I Ching...

To put the icing on the cake, when I meditate the images come from my subconscious right? Now, did my subconscious know the future somehow? How did my mind come up with the perfect imagery to compliment an event yet unknown? Does the subconscious know more than past events? Did I somehow tap into the "super conscious" mind?
Maybe this was all just a big coincidence... :)

I do not think the I Ching accesses the future. It seems to represent a highly structured system of information strings covering a spectrum of possibilities of action. The structure is binary based, and highly organic in its symmetric arrangement, to the point that parallels have been made with DNA codons.

Consider that if an information system parallels our own organic one, and the mind/brain functions on the same organic principles of arrangement, at least fundamentally (being a product of genetic formations), then you have a system highly coherent with the way the mind/brain works.

This can maximize synchronistic effects. In other words when you throw coins or use yarrow sticks, you are collapsing a superposition of all the probabilities available in the I Ching into the one most resonance with the structure of your intrinsic information field at the time of "divination".

In my opinion, the I Ching reveals information already available in one's own internal mind-field, but which cannot be easily decoded. Every dilemma has a series of solutions that complete its "equations", so to speak. Thus, one might conclude that a the solution and the problem are complementary. The I Ching provides a spectrum of solutions, structured in a way that they parallel the organically based patterns of the mind generating the questions.

It takes a lot of work to be able to complete your own internal equations, where solutions essentially are the fulfillment of lessons represented by the flow of events. The results of any divinition can provide the structure of closure extrinsically. Hence, the solutions reflected in the I Ching seem to provide closure to the flow of events because they bring closure to the lessons invovled.

This, is my personal hypothesis as to the nature of the I Ching.

Novelis said:
If anyone has a copy of Wilhelm's book, have a look at that, in fact, for the sake of clarity I might just copy the whole text from the book onto the forum manually.
Try here:

http://www.akirarabelais.com/i/i.html

Novelis said:
Now, did my subconscious know the future somehow? How did my mind come up with the perfect imagery to compliment an event yet unknown? Does the subconscious know more than past events? Did I somehow tap into the "super conscious" mind?
Maybe this was all just a big coincidence... :)
The C's refer to the soul and subconscious as being "one and the same" in the transcripts. Perhaps the I Ching reading was a synchronicity to confirm that you were correctly "reading" the symbolism of your dreams?

Thanks for the link Ryan.
What struck me the most wasn't how the dreams correlated with the I Ching; it was how that meditation session containing a fox eating insect larvae applied to the dreams, the I Ching reading, my current situation and thoughts. That's the amazing synchronicity. Also, the images in that session acted as a piece of the puzzle that made a new, more complete picture!
If during these meditation sessions I am in fact "channelling" images from my subconscious, which is from my soul, then the potential for problem solving has far surpassed my previous expectations, especially if the images I am streaming accesses the future.
It seems to me this method of meditation could be invaluable for a rough ride in the future.
But then again, archetypal images have the same meanings across cultures and subconscious accessing mediums, so maybe the synchronicity isn't as reliable as I think. This is a great chance though to test out images against the I Ching or tarot in future.

Unfortunately, posts about the I Ching are scattered across several threads. It would be more helpful, if a general discussion had been started.

EsoQuest said:
... highly organic in its symmetric arrangement ...
I don't know how a binary arrangement of 0 and 1 could be "organic"? And where is the symmetry? Symmetry between the 6 bits, or between the order of the hexagrams? This would need further explanation! For instance: In which way is the binary sequence 010011 symmetrical or "organic"?

EsoQuest said:
... parallels have been made with DNA codons ...
References?

EsoQuest said:
Consider that if an information system parallels our own organic one, and the mind/brain functions on the same organic principles of arrangement, at least fundamentally (being a product of genetic formations), then you have a system highly coherent with the way the mind/brain works.

This can maximize synchronistic effects. In other words when you throw coins or use yarrow sticks, you are collapsing a superposition of all the probabilities available in the I Ching into the one most resonance with the structure of your intrinsic information field at the time of "divination".
This would require that the I Ching is in some kind "organic"?!

We must not forget that the I Ching divination is only an experiment with random output. An ideal random output contains only entropy/chaos, which is useless for questioning by definition. It is only noise. The questions then arise for me:

1) Can consciousness / a clear intent / a request can bring forth order in such a way that the result contains what was asked for?
2) Can wishful thinking, personal beliefs, experiences, 4D STS attacks skew the result?
3) Can it be that one gets addicted in asking, thereby doing damage to Self / Others?
4) Can it be that I Ching divination is a kind of channeling?
5) Could one assign new arbitrary interpretations to arbitrary combinations and still get sane answers to his questions?
6) Can NEW information enter the result (like the C's contact) - beyond information that is in the subconscious/energy field of the questioner?

Data said:
EsoQuest said:
... parallels have been made with DNA codons ...
References?
EsoQuest seems to be having a life of his own here lately without being here... The I Ching, DNA, and physics might be related math-wise:

http://www.valdostamuseum.org/hamsmith/ichgene6.html

Back
Top Bottom