Amazing Grace

Nathancat7

Jedi Master
Amazing Grace is a beautiful movie.
At first I thought it would be a sentimental revisiting of the past.
That's the type of movie I love romantic creepy pieces where people act with Grace in polite society exchanging witty barbs and wearing wigs; aspiring to idyllic truce in establishing love against the backdrop of snide and sinister rot.
I love movies elevating love from emotion to heart with plenty of warm humor.
This this movie isn't about that.
But though the movie was suggested to me and I watched it a week ago I didn't want to write about it, and I found myself struggling to write about it.
I can remember one of the first book reviews I wrote in junior high about "Huckleberry Finn."
I made a painting of Huckleberry Finn, not too good, but wild and light-hearted.
Then I took the summary introduction from the book, and totally plagiarized it, reversing the order in paragraphs in a thinly-veiled attempt to disguise.
The teacher graded it B minus, and said, see me after class.
She she said she'd give me a b-minus for effort if, and if , I wrote rewrote it--as plagiarism was a serious offence with an f.
It was a real "Huckleberry Finn come to Jesus moment" --recalling that scene where they encounter the town revival.
It's funny because writing about a movie I didn't make can be a form of plagiarism.
Fee-fi-fo-fum fee-fi-fo-fum...irony.
Samuel Clemens suffered harshly in life and he used humor to diffuse this anger to garner knowledge and love the truth.
Perhaps his writings were a sentimental commentary on reality. He was said to be very melancholic in later life--perhaps it was just a part of the natural grieving process.
The the movie "Amazing Grace" is not light-hearted in a humorous sense nor sentimental.
If sentimentality is an awareness of dreaming of the past with awareness from the future--this movie is about diligence to revisit the past, worts and all, for the love of Truth.
It follows the true story about the author of the song "Amazing Grace" , and the political struggle of the main character to bring an end to the slave trade which is really a Mask for an economic system of exploitation by the elite and Rich for the elite and Rich and British Empire.
(To be continued in next Post)

Continue...
I watched the movie "Amazing Grace" a week ago, but I lack the diligence to write about it-- I felt the need to brush up on reading about brain and dopamine function (and still do urgently) and have time constraints do during number of reasons like having to practice guitar just to get my mind right about what is important and what isn't-- and to stop identifying with false narratives about myself and life circumstances. In short being afraid of love.
This movie is very much centered around, say communication as the essence of leadership-- we can extrapolate also that diligence is a necessary part of leadership in the movie.
I had trouble identifying with the main character, specifically the actor, because while he was extremely diligent he wasn't necessarily open (I struggle with diligence which I feel is love of Truth--just saying).
His basic problem was he was focused on externally solving issues surrounding his outrage and rightly justifiable miscarriage of Justice---by accruing political power (because he was born into wealth and a leadership position in the House of Commons).
So he represented and had a responsibility to people.
He has a friend who is a former slave trader, in repentence as a monk, and going blind. The monk, the the author of the song is finding peace, but is burdened by great grief, and haunted by the suffering he caused.
With this great sense of responsibility he sees a lot of Injustice and batters his head, through force of will and character, to try to change the will of others

Free will be damned!

Here is the subtle Grace of the story.
If you look at the political leaders in power you will see,
and Putin is a particularly good one to study because he is in alignment with Grace and consciousness so he's less problematic to study (unless you have less than two neurons firing)

--they present themselves as energy as the basis for their power.
Yes-they will present themselves as good -and it will either be genuine or facade;
but people lacking discernment respond to the divine right of energy.

Our hero sees the lives of the wealthy and political power he was born into.

He sees it built on the suffering of others, a vampiric siphoning of the life force, with greed, naked avaris, cruelty, and selfish anger.
The source of the British Empire's wealth is rotten to the core.The energy that livens the House of Commons is a gangrenous maggot nest of pomposity and Banal vanity.
He has personal issues suffered from banging his head against the wall of people's greed and selfishness which is still simply cannot stomach in the form of colitis.

He withdraws in himself retaliating in infantile anger. He has internalized a lot of the rage and is not letting it out or communicating it, but more importantly not integrating it into his being.

The film creates a sort of neo reality where the past is recreated with such an exquisite detail it becomes a visceral part of the present.
That's, I suppose, what is part of the obsession some people have with taking old cars and shining them up.

This is a powerful form of narrative telling that is sometimes used for propaganda purposes. It kind of grated me that nowadays people are considered free-- but in fact very few people really are-- and were told by political leaders that we are free despite this.
Well this creates a certain tension in duality between past and present.
For example, we see there are wonderful boats bobbing in the water, with such craftsmanship and beauty it's really a breathtaking nod ( pliant bouyant) to
woodworking, in a rippling vast ocean of love.
In this busy port of Bristol, many bustling ships pass by our tour guide.
From a skiff filled with the banal and wealthy two-doers-- up comes a slave ship with all the powerful Majesty of the USS Constitution.
And it is here are hero presented himself to communicate all the horrors that took place within the hull within the slave ships depths.
To some degree this really does shock a lot of the wealthy a little bit awake so that they might be able to make decisions about what true course to take.
What happens in the context of this contrast is a necessary alignment with reality, with the truth.
The shocking truth and reality, must be faced in order to make a decision.
The tug of conscience must be faced to make a decision, to either align with love, or emptiness and hate, greed, anger, and avarice and all its wickedness.
This movie is not sentimental in its depiction of the past and reality.
Sentimentality is equality in those who often already see and are revisiting the past to bring it to change it into its reality.
This movie is really about diligence and frankly it's hard to deal with diligence when when one's brain flips the wagon wheels into ruts too often and the wheels fall off.
But there is a common ground there of compassion and friendship where those who have suffered can heal and diligence leads to that common ground of compassion.
And this movie really encapsulates that, in the moment of compassion, to spurn communication.

The powers-that-be won't listen and they manipulate and they don't care about him or anyone else.
Yet his conscience Wales at him as a vision to the source of Truth.
And like an eagle, that is a symbol looking to the source of true power--love, rather than brutal oppression and violence. He reaches out and comes together with those who care.
He gathers people of faith. People in opposition to a materialistic Protestant religion; and among them the author of the song desperately seeking repentance.
And they begin to communicate with each other.
At first only slowly.
Within the month or so the author of the song, the former slave trader, starts to have an epiphany and it goes beyond---or he sees the limitations of form and function and flies high, soars, to the heavens.
And the failed politition finds love, love that was there even when he was a wretch.
This slowly mitigates his guilty conscience and the ugliness in his soul.
It is the most touching part of the story-- it is not overdone.
I'll over do it a little bit here. I'll just say it is understated by saying it's like a light, a sunlight that comes through a window and brushes across the face, my face.
The communication flows and it cannot be stopped.
It reaches good people and hearts.
In a political game that works subtly;
the game of energy versus energy, true love gains momentum by communicating knowledge and awareness-- speaking truth with love.
So it's not trying to control or Force things, but respecting free will, telling the truth,
not trying to change things externally,
telling the truth about what goes about what's in one's heart.

Back
Top Bottom