All the world's a stage, or maybe just a chaotic airport?

Ruth

The Living Force
I was in an airport, I think I was lost. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing there – probably trying to find a way out, or maybe I was meeting someone? I don't know. Anyway, I've been lost in lots of places around the world, including Dubai Airport. It's not a great feeling when you have a plane to catch and you have no idea how to get there, but I digress.

This airport was in the Philippines, but it actually looked more like a cross between Dubai Airport and Changi Airport, in Singapore.

I was just 'messing' about trying to find my bearings and I bumped into all sorts of people. Fom royalty, to gang members, to ground crew and support staff. I didn't see any flight crew, nor did I have anything to do with them either.

At one time I hung out with royals who turned out to be pretty clueless and I think a couple of their party were drug or alcohol addicts who would have been better off in rehab, but you just couldn't tell them that. They weren't really up to much, apart from 'living the high life'. I don't know why people think that royals would have a better “handle” on things, some do, some don't. They just have a more opulent lifestyle.

I'm not sure what the connection was there, but I got the feeling I may have been related to one of them by marriage, or cousin-ship, or some such accidental and irrelevant relationship. Two of them went off to take a flight, the others wandered off to a bar or a restaurant. One went off to find a toilet because she was bored and wanted to leave the group.

I just kind of sauntered off like you do in airports. During the time spent with 'the clueless' ones, I observed a uniformed gay couple (airport workers) being berated by airport management. Apparently they had lost something. I saw them again at the end of my dream – the exact same couple, only they were tramps or hobos who looked like they'd slept rough and hadn't washed for some time. They didn't look happy. As I passed them on that flat escalators they have in airports, I looked directly at them and said: “Don't worry, it'll all be OK. At least you have each other!”

Whilst moving into the flight lounge, I saw Sam Heughan, complete with red hair, on the ground working as a baggage handler (that cracked me up later, when I thought about it). For anyone who doesn't know, he's an actor who plays the part of Jamie Fraser in “Outlander”. I was a bit 'miffed' that I recognised him, but that he didn't recognise me. After all, I'd 'played opposite' him on a number of occasions and he didn't even know who I was! Also I couldn't figure out how he came to be working as a baggage handler in the Philippines. It seemed a bit weird. He doesn't look at all Filipino. I guess as 'an actor', there's only so much you can do that doesn't rely on props or talent to convince people of something completely different.

Then I fell in with a gang who tried to 'adopt' me. When their leader found out that I was too much of a foreigner for their lifestyle, they tried to sell me into human trafficking. I avoided that by not going along to the party they wanted to hold (and pretending that I was clueless as to what they were up to). One of the gang members was a female who wasn't comfortable with what they were doing. I told her before I left that she had some choices to make. Very few of them were going to have positive outcomes. She was in a no-win situation. It was going to take an awful lot of subtlety and work to get out of that situation in a positive way, if at all.

Reflection: I reflected on this dream and came to the conclusion that I had very little idea of what I was doing, and that everyone else was, like me, either 'trying to work it out', or had identified so strongly with the character they were “playing”, or the props they were given, that they essentially BECAME that character. I think it was a reflection of reincarnation. It reminded me a little of the 1998 movie, “Dark City” with a little bit of “The Truman Show” thrown in. Or maybe I just watch too much TV? I also realized that there is also a Changi Prison in Singapore. It's right next door to the Airport.

I was in an airport, I think I was lost. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing there – probably trying to find a way out, or maybe I was meeting someone? I don't know. Anyway, I've been lost in lots of places around the world, including Dubai Airport. It's not a great feeling when you have a plane to catch and you have no idea how to get there, but I digress.

This airport was in the Philippines, but it actually looked more like a cross between Dubai Airport and Changi Airport, in Singapore.

I was just 'messing' about trying to find my bearings and I bumped into all sorts of people. Fom royalty, to gang members, to ground crew and support staff. I didn't see any flight crew, nor did I have anything to do with them either.

At one time I hung out with royals who turned out to be pretty clueless and I think a couple of their party were drug or alcohol addicts who would have been better off in rehab, but you just couldn't tell them that. They weren't really up to much, apart from 'living the high life'. I don't know why people think that royals would have a better “handle” on things, some do, some don't. They just have a more opulent lifestyle.

I'm not sure what the connection was there, but I got the feeling I may have been related to one of them by marriage, or cousin-ship, or some such accidental and irrelevant relationship. Two of them went off to take a flight, the others wandered off to a bar or a restaurant. One went off to find a toilet because she was bored and wanted to leave the group.

I just kind of sauntered off like you do in airports. During the time spent with 'the clueless' ones, I observed a uniformed gay couple (airport workers) being berated by airport management. Apparently they had lost something. I saw them again at the end of my dream – the exact same couple, only they were tramps or hobos who looked like they'd slept rough and hadn't washed for some time. They didn't look happy. As I passed them on that flat escalators they have in airports, I looked directly at them and said: “Don't worry, it'll all be OK. At least you have each other!”

Whilst moving into the flight lounge, I saw Sam Heughan, complete with red hair, on the ground working as a baggage handler (that cracked me up later, when I thought about it). For anyone who doesn't know, he's an actor who plays the part of Jamie Fraser in “Outlander”. I was a bit 'miffed' that I recognised him, but that he didn't recognise me. After all, I'd 'played opposite' him on a number of occasions and he didn't even know who I was! Also I couldn't figure out how he came to be working as a baggage handler in the Philippines. It seemed a bit weird. He doesn't look at all Filipino. I guess as 'an actor', there's only so much you can do that doesn't rely on props or talent to convince people of something completely different.

Then I fell in with a gang who tried to 'adopt' me. When their leader found out that I was too much of a foreigner for their lifestyle, they tried to sell me into human trafficking. I avoided that by not going along to the party they wanted to hold (and pretending that I was clueless as to what they were up to). One of the gang members was a female who wasn't comfortable with what they were doing. I told her before I left that she had some choices to make. Very few of them were going to have positive outcomes. She was in a no-win situation. It was going to take an awful lot of subtlety and work to get out of that situation in a positive way, if at all.

Reflection: I reflected on this dream and came to the conclusion that I had very little idea of what I was doing, and that everyone else was, like me, either 'trying to work it out', or had identified so strongly with the character they were “playing”, or the props they were given, that they essentially BECAME that character. I think it was a reflection of reincarnation. It reminded me a little of the 1998 movie, “Dark City” with a little bit of “The Truman Show” thrown in. Or maybe I just watch too much TV? I also realized that there is also a Changi Prison in Singapore. It's right next door to the Airport.
Wow! Powerful dream! The main key for me is in ‘ I told her before I left that she had some choices to make. Very few of them were going to have positive outcomes. She was in a no-win situation. It was going to take an awful lot of subtlety and work to get out of that situation in a positive way, if at all.’, because it is true. We are in a no-win situation, however, is any situation about winning at all?
Also, another key is that your perception recorded pieces of power with artificial authority, or no authority at all, and power without authority gives clueless, jumbled, messy, crowded, acting ... and makes everyone feel lost.
My last key is the airport. Amazing perspective of where we are in between making conscious choices.
Your dream is a fantastic gift for all!
Thank you for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom