All For One and One For All

This weekend there will be a lot of family and friends over for Fourth of July. I'm wondering how I can promote the EE program. I'm thinking of printing a little brochure or the website address. I just got my own printer so I can print in larger quantities. Maybe I can say something like, "Want a free meditation program?" as they arrive and hand them the paper. Any ideas if there is something better to do? I think this is not being too pushy.

I think that is a great idea! If they look at you oddly, just maybe shrug and say something like "it has really helped me relax." Maybe you could give it to them after the cookout as they leave, so they don't loose them around your house.

3D Student said:
This weekend there will be a lot of family and friends over for Fourth of July. I'm wondering how I can promote the EE program. I'm thinking of printing a little brochure or the website address. I just got my own printer so I can print in larger quantities. Maybe I can say something like, "Want a free meditation program?" as they arrive and hand them the paper. Any ideas if there is something better to do? I think this is not being too pushy.

Please put together a brochure and share it with us. I could put them at the library and in some of the coffee shops downtown. I made up bookmarks with the prayer of the soul. I could add the EE brochure when I take my distribution walk. While I'm at it- a brochure on the Dot Connector would also be a good idea. I will play around with some ideas and get back to you.
Anya

Great ideas! The more people talking about the EE program the better. You can always do it in as a matter of fact way, telling people that you've been doing this program and how it has really helped you. :cool:

Here are some images you can save and print, if you like them:

Option 1: It needs the link to the EE website added

eeflyertest1.jpg

Option 2:
Page1
eeflyerenpg1.jpg

Page 2

eeflyerenpg2withoutukin.jpg

We have some other designs, that I'll upload as I gather them.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: New version of page 2 uploaded.

Ailén -This looks great. I can't wait to print it out. The colors will draw people's eyes. Now we need something about the Dot Connector. I'll see what I can come up with over the weekend. Right now I am on the way to yoga. I think I will burn a few CDs to give to my yoga buddies. Hopefully they will try it and them order the EE package. Anya

anya said:
Ailén -This looks great. I can't wait to print it out. The colors will draw people's eyes. Now we need something about the Dot Connector. I'll see what I can come up with over the weekend. Right now I am on the way to yoga. I think I will burn a few CDs to give to my yoga buddies. Hopefully they will try it and them order the EE package. Anya

All right. You are all welcome to give flyers away, talk about the program with others, and you can also burn a few copies for your friends.

However, just a note on what we've learned in the last year of teaching the program: Make sure to highlight the fact that, if possible, it is better to learn the program in a class, with a teacher that can guide you. (Many people think they are doing it right, but they aren't and need personalized help.)

Also, encourage them to buy the DVD, and if you can, please inform us whenever you see the possibility of forming a group in your area willing to take classes. We have set up regular classes in several countries (US, Canada, UK and France) and are expanding every week. So it is not impossible to form new groups around your area. We do need more certified instructors, that's for sure! And that is why we are conducting training all the time.

If the class doesn't look like a possible venue in your town, you should always encourage people to ask for guidance in the EE forum or through the contact form on the EE webite.

I will start a thread on this so we can discuss all the details depending on your location and situation. Thanks for offering your help!!

As to the flyer for The Dot Connector Magazine, we have one coming, and I'll post it on the DCM thread as soon as it is ready.

:rockon:

I just deleted, modified and uploaded again the second page of the flyer above. I removed the UK contact into, so now it's universal. ;)

Ailén said:
I just deleted, modified and uploaded again the second page of the flyer above. I removed the UK contact into, so now it's universal. ;)

Thanks Ailen, for removing the UK contact info. The flyers are beautiful. I will work to get these printed out...hopefully I can do this without any hitches, as I'm not very "computer literate". :-[

Re: Mother of all gushers - BP Oil Disaster in Gulf of Mexico

Laura said:
Q: (L) Can it be a random, arbitrary number of events?
A: If you wish.

:lol2::rotfl::lol2: One of the many things I love about the C's is their sense of humor.

Keit said:
Vectis said:
It seems to me, that for your average human, sleep deprivation is extremely detrimental. The "psychotic" states induced by sleep deprivation (IMHO) would increase the psychopathic tendencies - plus be extremely detrimental to the bodies health. So many toxins in the gut region leading to problems in the "solar plexus" (and sexual (sensual) centers) region - all which to me lead up to "bad" 3D health (body mind spirit).

There is an article posted on SOTT 3 years ago about sleep deprivation affecting moral judgment. Here are the relevant quotes:

Research has shown that bad sleep can adversely affect a person's physical health and emotional well-being. However, the amount of sleep one gets can also influence his or her decision-making. A study published in the March 1st issue of the journal SLEEP finds that sleep deprivation impairs the ability to integrate emotion and cognition to guide moral judgments.

The findings suggest that continuous wakefulness has a particularly debilitating effect on judgment and decision making processes that depend heavily upon the integration of emotion with cognition, said Killgore, adding that the results provide further support to the hypothesis that sleep loss is particularly disruptive to the ventromedial prefrontal regions of the brain, which are important for the integration of affect and cognition in the service of judgment and decision making.

According to Dr. Killgore, these findings do not suggest that sleep deprivation leads to a decline in "morality" or in the quality of moral beliefs, but a latency to respond and the change in the leniency or permissiveness of response style as evidenced by the tendency to decide that particular courses of action were "appropriate" before and after sleep loss.

"Our results simply suggest that when sleep deprived, individuals appear to be selectively slower in their deliberations about moral personal dilemmas relative to other types of dilemmas," said Killgore.

The present findings may have implications for those in occupations that frequently require periods of extended sleep loss and in which real-world moral dilemmas may be encountered (e.g., emergency medical services, military personnel in combat, fire/rescue workers), noted Killgore. When sleep deprived, such personnel may experience greater difficulty reaching morally based decisions under emotionally evocative circumstances and may be prone to choosing courses of action that differ from those that they would have chosen in a fully rested state, added Killgore.

FWIW, when I was pretty deep into psychosis and before I submitted to medical treatment, all sorts of negative things flashed in my mind and I was seriously thinking whether I should act them out or not. Among them was murder so yes, the above seems correct from my experience.

Edit: Say what you say about western medical care but in my case they pulled me out from deep doo-doo.

Dawn said:
What if lack of sleep actually tires the programs in the brain, the soul needs to rest, but might be less taxed if there is less activity with the brain and body, spritual attachments, etc. If you are seriously tired, the physical body also doesn't do as much. Might this free up the soul activity being that it doesn't have as much to do in the physical world?

Just a thought, I don't really know for sure.

I think there might be some truth in that. I have personally observed a change in myself when either ill, or simply very tired. It is as if the part of me (that I used to call the part on the surface) stepped aside, and something deeper emerged.
Funny enough, in my dancing days one of my instructors sometimes used to tell me that I danced better when tired! She said something along the lines that of being tired made me "move with the flow" rather then controlling it. I think that happened simply because I had no more energy to try to control anything and part of me would give up, giving space for a completely different type of sensitivity and dynamic.

However, as other have expressed I also believe that lack of sleep can be highly deteriorating. I know that I am a complete mess when I don't sleep!

Psalehesost said:
Should my mental model of this be reasonably accurate, perhaps it could be of help.

The soul, non-embodied, is non-constricted; when embodied, it expresses itself through, you could say, a very narrow slit. It needs to be greatly charged to succeed in working through this narrow slit, because doing so requires a lot of energy, far more than when unconstricted.

However, lack of sleep breaks down the 3D mental system with its filtering that is part of what limits the interaction of the soul. Things "loosen up", the "narrow slit" is still just a slit because the soul remains embodied, but it changes shape, and this new shape makes for a more open "flow". And at that point, much less energy is needed for awareness, though on the other hand awareness is no longer under the ordinary "control".

Interesting Psalehesost, and if I understand you correctly I think that your description would also complement nicely Dawn's perspective.

Dawn said:
What if lack of sleep actually tires the programs in the brain, the soul needs to rest, but might be less taxed if there is less activity with the brain and body, spritual attachments, etc. If you are seriously tired, the physical body also doesn't do as much. Might this free up the soul activity being that it doesn't have as much to do in the physical world?

Speaking from my experience, if I am really tired it is more likely that I will have bad dreams. It's as if my 'soul' - or whatever stands for it in my case - can't ascend high enough during sleep. Or as if my consciousness gets pulled down by all sorts of negativity, and it can't fight back because it's so tired. But after a few hours of sleep, I get more clear, colorful and significant dreams, during the early morning or just before waking up. As if, having rested, my consciousness/'soul' can explore 'better realms'. This is just a subjective impression, of course. If the soul replenishes from 7D during sleep, as the Cs once suggested, then it's possible that none or very few of our dreams actually come from the soul, but from lower centers or other parts of the unconscious, since we would not be able to process or remember any direct experience with 7D.

Gertrudes said:
I think there might be some truth in that. I have personally observed a change in myself when either ill, or simply very tired. It is as if the part of me (that I used to call the part on the surface) stepped aside, and something deeper emerged.
Funny enough, in my dancing days one of my instructors sometimes used to tell me that I danced better when tired! She said something along the lines that of being tired made me "move with the flow" rather then controlling it. I think that happened simply because I had no more energy to try to control anything and part of me would give up, giving space for a completely different type of sensitivity and dynamic.

That's interesting. I know I don't function half as well if I'm tired. Even my thoughts seem to slow down. In your case Gertrudes, could it be that being tired sort of shuts down parts which usually repress you? Perhaps the effect is similar to having a little alcohol and feeling uninhibited? If so, does it say something about the amount of energy spent in self-repression? I ask because in another thread you wrote something along those lines, if I understood and remember correctly.

(I'm quite tired as I write this, so I hope I'm making sense!)

I have noticed personally, that lack of sleep is either from stress, thinking too much about world events/problems, or inspiration (ideas, imagination).

The 'good' experiences I've had come only from lack of sleep because of inspiration. If it is from stress, I get vivid nightmares when I do finally rest, and I'm disjointed and tired when watching the sun come up through the window. When I'm inspiried, I'll gladly loose sleep and dream really vivid interesting dreams. When the sun comes up in the morning I'm excited, have energy and can go about the day(s) with keener awarenesses. It's weird.

Windmill knight said:
Dawn said:

Speaking from my experience, if I am really tired it is more likely that I will have bad dreams. It's as if my 'soul' - or whatever stands for it in my case - can't ascend high enough during sleep. Or as if my consciousness gets pulled down by all sorts of negativity, and it can't fight back because it's so tired. But after a few hours of sleep, I get more clear, colorful and significant dreams, during the early morning or just before waking up. As if, having rested, my consciousness/'soul' can explore 'better realms'. This is just a subjective impression, of course. If the soul replenishes from 7D during sleep, as the Cs once suggested, then it's possible that none or very few of our dreams actually come from the soul, but from lower centers or other parts of the unconscious, since we would not be able to process or remember any direct experience with 7D.

Gertrudes said:

That's interesting. I know I don't function half as well if I'm tired. Even my thoughts seem to slow down. In your case Gertrudes, could it be that being tired sort of shuts down parts which usually repress you? Perhaps the effect is similar to having a little alcohol and feeling uninhibited? If so, does it say something about the amount of energy spent in self-repression? I ask because in another thread you wrote something along those lines, if I understood and remember correctly.

Windmill knight said:
Gertrudes said:

I've not thought of that before, I suppose that could be a reason. I do know that for several reasons I spent my child and teenage hood repressing, I've worked a lot on that before, but I think that only now am I fully beginning to realize the extent of it.

Your comment made me think though, and there is another side to it which is that I very often feel that I am internally running at full speed, as if I had an engine inside me that makes me almost internally hyper active. I try to control how it manifests externally though, because it can be really overwhelming. Only people that know me well will notice it. I have also been told in the past that I tend to do too much, which makes me think of my father whose temper borders hyper activity.
So when I am ill or exhausted I notice that sometimes this little engine shuts down and I become more accepting of what IS without effort, rather then trying to change it, which in all honesty can be very relieving....
I suppose that this part of me could be repressing Me, or perhaps I need to understand what this "hyper active" part is trying to tell me, maybe I am not controlling it but rather repressing it. Hmm, I need to think about it.

Gertrudes said:
Your comment made me think though, and there is another side to it which is that I very often feel that I am internally running at full speed, as if I had an engine inside me that makes me almost internally hyper active. I try to control how it manifests externally though, because it can be really overwhelming. Only people that know me well will notice it. I have also been told in the past that I tend to do too much, which makes me think of my father whose temper borders hyper activity.
So when I am ill or exhausted I notice that sometimes this little engine shuts down and I become more accepting of what IS without effort, rather then trying to change it, which in all honesty can be very relieving....
I suppose that this part of me could be repressing Me, or perhaps I need to understand what this "hyper active" part is trying to tell me, maybe I am not controlling it but rather repressing it. Hmm, I need to think about it.

That’s interesting Gertrudes – I also have the hyperactive engine inside. I just run on fast speed at all times until I get tired and then collapse. Recently, I became more aware of that and noticed that when I try to practice “self-remembering”, my engine automatically slows down. It feels like some kind of program I have and I began wondering if it is a kind of running from something. So – I started trying to pay more attention to this because I realized that I was wasting a lot of energy.

Since I have been doing EE, I think it’s improved because I seem to be more aware now and run in a frenzy a lot less. Your comment also made me think about the idea of repressing - perhaps my fast internal speed is also a form of repressing myself. i am one of those people who becomes very happy and animated on even small amounts of alcohol and i hate not being in control, so I have watched my consumption. That has been a good thing, but i have never considered why i need to worry so much about repressing my real self. Something more i need to think about!!

Back
Top Bottom