Albion's Seed and much more

I've read about halfway through American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America, which was also reviewed on MindMatters. It was quite interesting to read about the origins of each of the cultural settlements of North America, and how it continues to influence the political and cultural microclimates of each region. (photo below). It is really quite interesting from a sociological perspective to see how all these different settlements started out, and how the religion, politics, and even epigenetics influenced the culture, expansion, and even foreign policy of each nation.

The settlers of Appalachia for example came from the borderlands of England, Scotland, and Ireland, which had seen centuries of off-and-on warfare where there was a history of clan violence and fighting against the English government. This attitude of limited capital accumulation, limiting loyalties to family ties, and aggression towards centers of political authority and outsiders (the Native Americans in this case) manifested in their desire to settle heavily in remote areas far from the coast and battle natives and those groups loyal to the English Crown (such as the Midlanders).

It was interesting seeing how the different histories and combinations of the nations affected the modern countries that preside there as well. I live in Canada, the culture for which was largely defined by New France's attempt to create a traditional society that blended with the indigenous cultures there, as well as the pacificstic and pluralistic Midlanders from the midlands of England, Germany, and other protestant European nations that had their share of religious nonconformists, and some Yankee settlements in the far east and west as bookends. Canada to this day boasts a lot of having sustained a nation that contains multiple cultures in a conciliatory manner. What also sticks out is that Canada seems to place a lot of emphasis on compacency, politeness, and not rocking the boat too much. Outside of New France there were not much opportunities given for the settled regions of British North America to develop their own unique political and cultural institutions until over two centuries after the first English settlements in North America. To this day Canada has always had the attitude of being a vassal state that always needed to be part of something larger than itself, either the British Empire or the post-war UN. Canada even traded in all its gold reserves for Chinese Yuan.

1577389449799.png

I've read about halfway through American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America, which was also reviewed on MindMatters. It was quite interesting to read about the origins of each of the cultural settlements of North America, and how it continues to influence the political and cultural microclimates of each region. (photo below). It is really quite interesting from a sociological perspective to see how all these different settlements started out, and how the religion, politics, and even epigenetics influenced the culture, expansion, and even foreign policy of each nation.

The settlers of Appalachia for example came from the borderlands of England, Scotland, and Ireland, which had seen centuries of off-and-on warfare where there was a history of clan violence and fighting against the English government. This attitude of limited capital accumulation, limiting loyalties to family ties, and aggression towards centers of political authority and outsiders (the Native Americans in this case) manifested in their desire to settle heavily in remote areas far from the coast and battle natives and those groups loyal to the English Crown (such as the Midlanders).

It was interesting seeing how the different histories and combinations of the nations affected the modern countries that preside there as well. I live in Canada, the culture for which was largely defined by New France's attempt to create a traditional society that blended with the indigenous cultures there, as well as the pacificstic and pluralistic Midlanders from the midlands of England, Germany, and other protestant European nations that had their share of religious nonconformists, and some Yankee settlements in the far east and west as bookends. Canada to this day boasts a lot of having sustained a nation that contains multiple cultures in a conciliatory manner. What also sticks out is that Canada seems to place a lot of emphasis on compacency, politeness, and not rocking the boat too much. Outside of New France there were not much opportunities given for the settled regions of British North America to develop their own unique political and cultural institutions until over two centuries after the first English settlements in North America. To this day Canada has always had the attitude of being a vassal state that always needed to be part of something larger than itself, either the British Empire or the post-war UN. Canada even traded in all its gold reserves for Chinese Yuan.

View attachment 32912
Thanks for posting this, whitecoast. Sounds really interesting, especially about Canada. I just downloaded the book and I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

Excellent topic!! Thank you very much mrs @Laura!

I only read first few posts and went into those links on genetic research.
And this is really an excellent research/article! Topic: findings about heredity and enviromental factors for status in society.

So I started thinking. If we know how "souls" have to find a compatible dna regarding the lessons they have set for themselves then this could be how it is done. Certain DNA will always be found in a certain setting so that there cant be no mistakes. If a soul chooses a setting of being poor all it has to do is download into a body with these genetics.

Then it hit me. DNA is a reflection, a file, of spiritual advancement of a soul, represented in a lineage. If one advances and gets out of the karmic loop one changes his/hers DNA and then reincarnation becomes possible.

Thought Id share this insight.
Now onto more reading...

Regards
Agron

Just before the C-19 Lockdown started I had a strong desire to connect with other people on a spiritual level in person so I did a google and was reminded of my local Quaker Meeting House which is a handsome enfenced building stuck in the corner of a grotty open plan car part in town. I was pondering giving them a go although I was rather put off by what I read on the British Quaker website; lots of 'social justice' activism nonsense. However, the Lockdown hit so going there was academic as, of course, they were unable to hold their meetings. Recently I revisited the idea and did a search on the forum here for 'quaker' to see what came up and that lead me to this thread which I had read before and had forgotten about. As a result, I decided to buy the book because I know precious little of US history being an English chap and thought that it would be interesting to learn more about US history and it would help to throw some light on what is currently happening in the world. I bought the paperback as I am starting to become concerned about losing access to digital media given how the world is going. I need to look into solar-powered power packs! Also, there was minimal price difference to the Kindle version so I might as well have the physical book. It arrived t'other day and what a hefty tome it is! If starving masses try to break down my door to get at my food supplies it shall come in handy as a fine weapon! The obvious length of the book is rather intimidating so I am unsure when I shall get to it but if the world goes to hell with no electricity and thus no internet then at least I shall not lack for something to read.

Welcome Park to be removed to make it more "welcoming"

The Biden administration’s National Park Service will remove a statue of William Penn from a park in Philadelphia commemorating the founder of the state of Pennsylvania as part of an upcoming “rehabilitation” meant to make the park more “welcoming, accurate, and inclusive experience” for visitors.

The park service, headed by Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, says that after consultation with Native American groups it wants to use the renovation of Welcome Park as an opportunity to expand displays about the indigenous Americans that lived in the area before European settlers arrived. The statue of Penn, along with a model of the Slate Roof House that once occupied the site and was Penn’s residence from 1699-1701, will be removed and not replaced as part of the process.

Welcome Park, built in 1982 to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the founding of Pennsylvania, is currently the only site in Philadelphia dedicated to celebrating the life and achievements of Penn. It is named for the ship that brought Penn to the American colonies, the Welcome, and sits on the Delaware River at Sansom and Second streets.

Back
Top Bottom