Airport Security

vinny

The Living Force
A new computer game - the description says it all:

http://www.persuasivegames.com/games/game.aspx?game=arcadewireairport

The Arcade Wire: Airport Security - The first in a series of newsgames called The Arcade Wire, Airport Security offers a satirical critique of airport security practices circa early fall 2006, when security agencies in the US and abroad changed their policies to prohibit common items like toothpaste and hair gel.

Do knee-jerk reactions that limit our freedom of expression and travel make us safer? In The Arcade Wire: Airport Security you inspect each passenger and his luggage and remove the forbidden items before allowing the passenger to go through -- but the list of forbidden items changes on a moment-to-moment basis. Prohibited items may include pants, mouthwash, and hummus.
nice :D

One question, and this is on a serious note, why are they preventing people from bringing such things into airplanes, but it's ok to bring them into a bus or any public place? I mean, honestly, it makes no sense - if a terrorist wanted to kill lots of people with a bomb, do they assume that an airplane is the only place he might want to do that? That's utterly ridiculous. Therefore, they should either ban drinks EVERYWHERE there is a group of people in a small environment, or nowhere. I don't understand why airplanes is an exception. Well actually, sorry, I do understand - it is nonsensical fear mongering for NO other reason than to scare people and maintain the illusion that there are terrorists, there is a war on terror, and that they are working hard to "protect" the population. I won't even mention the Mexican border where you can walk into US with a nuclear bomb strapped to your back and no one will notice. Better yet, put wheels on that bomb and an engine, and ride it into the US and there will be no customs or checks for it. Just ride, laugh, and wave! Of course, if a bunch of Mexicans can do this, it seems silly that an extremely powerful, global terror network would never pull it off. So why haven't they, if it's really THAT EASY? Hint: Because there is no such terror network, nobody cares about blowing anything up in US, never did.

Nevermind that they kept scaring us with all those US-based "sleeper cells" everywhere. Again, they don't even need to get into US now, just make a bomb, which you can easily aqcuire from your local mafia group or a million other ways, and go blow it up. There is no need to BRING a bomb into US, all the materials and resources are already in US to acquire/make one. And you don't need to be a powerful terror network or mafia for that, some guy can do this in his backyard for crying out loud!! So why hasn't it been done if it is really SO EASY? Hint: Because no one cares about blowing anything up in US, there are a million ways to do it and always have been and always will be, but there are no terrorists here or anywhere that care about it, otherwise it would've been extremely easy to do it over and over and over and would've been done - NOT using baby bottles or airplanes at all!

I'm sorry it's just so ridiculous, the idea of a global terror network that wants to kill us and we are "protected" by our governments due to all these "security measures", I think I just vented for a bit here. If they wanted to, if ANYONE wanted to harm the US or the US citizens - it is unbelievably, EXTREMELY easy to do that!! The ONLY, and I mean ONLY explanation for why it has NOT been done, is because no one cares. It has NOTHING to do with any laughable-to-the-extreme "security measures" created at airports and color-coded terror alerts. But just to make sure I'm not off my rocker, do you guys also see this as being utterly absurd as I do? Not just implausible or a little absurd, but utterly and totally ridiculously absurd in the extreme?

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
One question, and this is on a serious note, why are they preventing people from bringing such things into airplanes, but it's ok to bring them into a bus or any public place?
I guess they chose airplanes (more than other transportation solutions) to develop terror/slavery feelings because of several reasons :
* it's modern / complicated / technological triggering people (un)conscious submissive behaviours (towads the unknown / not very well known)
* there's not much substitutes- the cost of saying "no" is higher. If security rules were getting too high in buses, people might say ok then I take a cab or a car or the subway. It's more difficult to find a satisfying substitute to airplanes (particulalrly for long distances)
* medias / movies have built a strong crash fear around this transportation mean.
* airport are very large recent facilities suitable for future large crowd movements.
* 9/11 involved airplanes and give all the rights to prevent a new similar event.

So airplanes/airports have become a specific social experimentation ground (that's not the only one though)

Sooo if someone brings an exploding drink on a subway, then a bus, then a mall, then a business office, then a park, then a supermarket, then a school, and so on... it's THAT easy to turn off the rest of any remaining freedoms in US and make the government scramble for security measures everywhere? Who would've imagined that it would be so easy to turn "the greatest democracy on earth" into "the greatest fascism on earth" overnight? That's a chilling thought - knowing how easy this is for some average Joe with a grudge, a gang, a mafia group, or any such group to arrange this, not to mention the govenment itself. Just a few strategic explosions and BAM, insta-fascism in a can, just add water.

How can anyone sleep at night knowing that all our freedoms and all our democracy hangs on a tiny little thread that a grumpy teenager can cut if he chose to, forget about a government!

Of course, it's the same thing in Israel. Just kidnap 2 soldiers and you can start World War III. Wow, how can anyone sleep at night knowing that fact, that basically, anyone on the planet can turn huge democracies into fascisms overnight, and start global wars with very VERY little effort? My grandmother can kidnap an Israeli soldier if she really wanted to damnit! But I really really hate the idea that my dear old granny holds the power to create fascisms and spark world wars. But, and this is just so absurd I choke as I say this, SHE DOES, and so does your grandmothers with a little effort. This sends a huuuuuge chill down my spine :|

And after realising this, which is really not so hard to realise it takes exactly 1.5 neurons firing, not even 2, the only explanation is - this was designed that way. Unless someone, with a straight face, can tell me that humanity is SO stupid and SO incapable of managing its own existance, that each and every person can destroy the human race with a little bit of creative effort, which basically is exactly the way it is now! So WHY would our entire world hang on such a tiny tiny thread? Obviously there's only one answer: So that the thread can be cut at any time with no effort at all. But who, in their right mind, would cut this vulnerable little thread and throw the world into totalitarian chaos? Who would benefit from all this fear and death and constant division and wars and chaos? Well, the only people that ever benefited - not you or I.

So seeing the pathocracy and its work is really really not THAT hard - a few simple questions and a few simple and easily deduced answers should, if the person is at all in their right mind, throw any person into a state of terror and cold sweat. The only explanation is: Something managed to keep the entire global population completely "out of their mind". The whole world is a very dry forest and each person holds a lit match, and no one realises that there's a problem with this picture? That's what happens when people let the governments define reality. When no one realises that knowledge is the only thing that protects, not "national security". The latter never has, never will protect anyone, it's whole purposes is the direct opposite of protecting, but to enslave by lies, false promises, and manufactured fear. I know I'm sorta "preaching to the converted" here, I just wanted to let that out :|

Sometimes I wonder how we stay sane after SEEing what we see. Sometimes I can't help but cry, cry at the insanity and terror of our situation. Does anyone else sometimes just have a spontaneous emotional release after thinking about what is really going on? I don't even know why I'm crying, sometimes I just can't take the frustration, the helplessness I feel. Crying for the soul of humanity? I dunno if that would make sense, but what does in this world.

yes SAO, it is absurdly crazily mad. almost beyond belief. the humour thing is a coping mechanism really.

what is even more impossible to credit, is that nobody, I mean, NOBODY seems to have noticed. everyone is completely walled into their own ego-preservation psychological defensive blindness to anything that might shake them up even a little bit - its just... well, I wouldn't believe it if i didn't see it with my own eyes.

Any objective history book of current events, read back in a few hundred years time, would just sound completely implausible.

Helpless to do anything? maybe, but all anyone can do is be responsible for their own actions/efforts, to maybe find a path of 'what I should do'. For my part, I'm reading and learning as much as I can as fast as my poor struggling brain and conflict-resisting emotions will let me.

If it didn't scare you, then that'd mean you weren't paying attention.

SAO wrote:
"Of course, it's the same thing in Israel. Just kidnap 2 soldiers and you can start World War III. Wow, how can anyone sleep at night knowing that fact, that basically, anyone on the planet can turn huge democracies into fascisms overnight, and start global wars with very VERY little effort? My grandmother can kidnap an Israeli soldier if she really wanted to damnit! But I really really hate the idea that my dear old granny holds the power to create fascisms and spark world wars. But, and this is just so absurd I choke as I say this, SHE DOES, and so does your grandmothers with a little effort. This sends a huuuuuge chill down my spine neutral"

Somehow my brain refuses to accept lies such as the one above fed to us by the media. It simply can't be that simple. A soldier on foreign soil always could and should expect to be captured by the people of the country he is in, eventhough he might be the second comming of Christ. It's one of the simplest rules of war. How l see it, it only gets spinned (and created?) if someone benefits. It,s like Pearl Harbour. My history teacher in 6th grade told us that the Americans had attacked themselves, which seems to be the truth. Gouvernments need excuses to do what they have planned. It has only become harder for them to create these stories, so that people will believe in them, l think. Either due to people waking up, the vast amount of available information on the internet, people communicating with other people around the world or the gouvernments becomming more and more careless.

the_hammer said:
It,s like Pearl Harbour. My history teacher in 6th grade told us that the Americans had attacked themselves, which seems to be the truth.
More precisely some of the US gouvernment members stimulated a non lethal Japanese against US forces.

At first, the problem was tricky :

CofZ said:
...Mr. Henry L. Stimson, the Secretary for War, after a cabinet meeting on November 25, 1941, had noted in his diary: "The question was how we should manoeuvre them" (the Japanese) "into the position of firing the first shot without allowing too much danger to ourselves; it was a difficult proposition...
But if obliged to fight, Japan would choose to strike first :

CofZ said:
...on January 27, 1941 the United States Ambassador in Tokyo had advised his government that "in the event of trouble breaking out between the United States and Japan, the Japanese intended to make a surprise attack against Pearl Harbour...
So a implict US war declaration was made :

CofZ said:
the American note delivered to the Japanese Ambassadors on November 26, 1941, which effectually ended the possibility of further negotiations and thus made the Pacific war inevitable ...
The Pearl harbourd attack was eased

CofZ said:
No hint of vital intercepts received, decoded and delivered to responsible officials in Washington on December 6 and 7, 1941, was sent to the Navy and Army Commanders in the Hawaiian area"....
While keeping it non lethal

CofZ said:
cost two battleships and two destroyers (apart from many vessels put out of action), 177 aircraft and 4575 dead, wounded or missing....
The tricky problem was finally solved, the day after the attack, President Roosevelt officially entered WW II.

the_hammer said:
Somehow my brain refuses to accept lies such as the one above fed to us by the media. It simply can't be that simple. A soldier on foreign soil always could and should expect to be captured by the people of the country he is in, eventhough he might be the second comming of Christ. It's one of the simplest rules of war. How l see it, it only gets spinned (and created?)
I agree, but it IS that easy if someone in power needs an excuse, then practically anything, any excuse will do. That's how we end up with absurdities like no baby bottles on planes or wars from "capture" of 2 soldiers. But usually the govt doesn't wait around for the excuse to come along, it either creates or provokes someone into creating it for them (like Israel/Palestine issue where both methods are constantly done etc).

On the other hand, if it does not fit into the government's current plans, then even if someone blows up buildings, it will just be treated as an unfortunate tragedy caused by troubled individuals, just as a serious crime but nothing more than that, and not have any national repercussions like causing removal of any freedoms or wars on terror or military in the streets, etc. So as you say, the fragile nature of our civilization is not some accidental result of mass paranoia, it is very much intentional since the pathocracy "defines reality" depending on what its goals are.

Just take something simple like a murder. If the pathocracy chooses, it calls murder "spreading freedom and democracy" and fighting terrorists, and honors and praises the killers. So when you kill who the pathocracy wants dead, you will be a hero. On the other hand, murder can simply be called murder, a terrible crime, but still not of any national significance. And finally it can be called terrorism and instantly result in either wars or curbing of national freedoms in the name of security, so that "terrorists" cannot kill innocent civilians. Suddenly you will be associated with global terror networks and you hate freedoms and you are a threat to civilization, and so national/global measures must be taken to "protect" the world from you.

And it's interesting how people just swallow it each time. The pathocracy spins it exactly as it wants, and people treat it like it's an objective reality. A funny question I have, how does Bush know that terrorist simply hate our freedoms? Seriously, all kidding aside, how could he possibly know this? Has he asked and that's what they said? Of course the second question is, how does blowing up a building hurt our freedoms? Wouldn't that only give us MORE freedom to go out and hunt down the terrorists and while we're at it blow up their friends and families and countries?

We're told that they don't care for their own families and their countries, they have no value for human life, theirs, or anyone's. But if they don't care, why are they attacking us? Think about that, obviously they care enough about SOMETHING to go through all this effort and planning and hiding and training to fly planes and attacking! But then we're told, well they're just crazy homocidal religious fanatical psychos, with no reason or concern about anything, they just hate everyone and everything. But then they can't be religious, this would mean they care about their religion and yet their actions only result in US hurting THEM and others of their religion, and demonizing themselves and their religion in the eyes of the whole world! And if there exist a bunch of programmed homocidal crazies in an organized group, who programmed and organized them? Logically there is someone SANE responsible for this, someone who has reason and concern for things, who plans and organizes and programs others, and it wasn't just an accident of nature where a bunch of crazies accidentally formed a group. So Who? Bin Laden? And here we go back to square one, if he has reason and concern for something, then he is shooting himself in the foot each time, big time!! And of course then the circular argument continues - but he's crazy and cares about nothing!

But even if we go back the very basic - Bush says they attacked us for our freedoms, Bin Laden says it has nothing to do with it, it's retaliation against OUR actions against them! But this is never reconciled for us! How can those 2 reasons, contradictory, coexist? It seems that the reason is because most people are in such a dissociated state, they cannot conceive of a contradiction here, that there are logical errors coexisting without ever being reconciled. Their brain looks at either one side or the other, and when it's looking, that side is ALL THERE IS for them. Another time he looks at a contradictory side and forgets all about the one he was thinking of earlier, never realising it's contradictory.

I think it's exactly why Bush can say in his radio address "We went to Iraq because of 911" and people do not see a problem with that statement. Because they hear every day on TV/radio that we're fighting terrorists in Iraq, over and over. So it creates an illusion that Iraq and 911 are associated, one and the same. And this just goes back to "creating our reality" where anyone that kills anyone for any reason can be labeled a terrorist by the pathocracy. So this web of confusion, distortion, conversive thinking, and coexistance of a whole bunch of contradictions that never need to be reconciled because the people's thinking is so obfuscated, confused, distorted, and dissociated. There is no clear, critical thinking. I admit, even I am having difficulty critically thinking about this because, when I try, the situation begins to look SO absurd and illogical, it is shockingly unbelievable that this is in fact what the true situation is. I start thinking "no way, it can't be that simple, it can't be THAT illogical, I must be missing something, everyone cannot be THAT insane and out of it!". But every time I try applying critical thinking to this situation, this is the only conclusion. And it's not some subtle philosophical issue that is understandable that people might miss. The insanity is so glaringly absurd and simple to SEE with a little mental effort, it's hard to believe that this is real, that everyone can be SO totally insane!

And yet, it just seems that this IS the case. The existance of the global pathocracy is so well hidden from the population, and yet, it is so obvious and so glaring that it's amazing how the pathocracy manages this illusion, how it is so effectively maintained and practically everyone is so peacefully oblivious to the absurdity and terror of their predicament. It's really an amazing trick! There's a HUGE elephant in the room, and nobody sees it? Of course once you see it, you say "OH MY GOD THERE's a HUGE **** elephant in the middle of my living room!!!". And it's so clear and obvious and crazy, you cannot understand how no one sees a HUGE elephant right in front of their faces, how they can be bumping into it and hurting their head from doing so, and not feel it?

Back
Top Bottom